PDA

View Full Version : Kill Switch HELP!!!

QuadTrix6
11-08-2002, 10:39 AM
hey i just got my pro designs kill switch today and im looking at these crappy directions and have no clue where to start or what to do, where did you guys connect the ground wire? to the frame? and where do i need to put the other wire so that it will kill the engine when pulled..thanks a ton...

Pappy
11-08-2002, 11:06 AM
on my 400 i grounded the wire at the bar clamp and the other wire i attached at the positive side of the coil.

spincr4hire
11-08-2002, 11:55 AM
Look for the black/yellow wire going into the CDI box (under front fenders). Just splice into it and ground the ground wire (the shorter wire of the two) to one of the fender mounts. I hooked my kill switch up just last night, took about 30 minutes.

try this link if you still need help:
http://www.off-road.com/atv/reviews/products/ProDesign

QuadTrix6
11-08-2002, 12:08 PM
inn those directions they use a blue box thing when they attach it to the black and yellow wire, what is it called so i can pick on up...is it neccasarry or can i just cut out a section of the black/yellow wire and attach the longer wire to it ?

QuadTrix6
11-08-2002, 12:09 PM
and can you attach it to any part on the black and yellow wire ? thx

spincr4hire
11-08-2002, 12:42 PM
I just cut the insulation around the black/yellow wire right where
it comes out of the CDI box. Don't cut the wire in half, just splice into it. I then spliced the wire coming out of the kill switch about 2 inches long, wrapped it around the bare wire portion of the black/yellow wire, taped it with electrical tape, then a layer of duct tape (yes duct tape, the stuff holds anything together), then another layer of electrical tape. The blue thing in the pic is just a connector they used where you don't have to peel back the wire with a knife or wire strippers, it just splices right into the wire without any mess...not sure what they are called though.

QuadTrix6
11-08-2002, 03:51 PM
thanks to your help spincr4hire i had no trouble thanks a lot man

:D

spincr4hire
11-11-2002, 01:03 PM
not a problem dude...;)

spincr4hire
11-11-2002, 01:06 PM
Is this FAQ worthy?