PDA

View Full Version : what is a...

That400exGuy
11-24-2007, 05:54 PM
what is a boost bottle??? me and my friend (hes 10 and rides a banshee.......) have been trying to figure this out.. also.. his is stock and say i bought him a new fmf one for his b-day.. would it make a difference?

bloodmoney23
11-24-2007, 07:57 PM
95% of people would say no. It will add very very very little to throttle response. It wont add hp, torque, or anything really. It got rid of my hesitation in first gear which.....if it didnt get rid of hesitation, i wouldnt have it on the bike. Get him a airfilter kit or exhaust or something instead. 10 on a banshee.....impressive, tell him not to kill himself.

That400exGuy
11-25-2007, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
95% of people would say no. It will add very very very little to throttle response. It wont add hp, torque, or anything really. It got rid of my hesitation in first gear which.....if it didnt get rid of hesitation, i wouldnt have it on the bike. Get him a airfilter kit or exhaust or something instead. 10 on a banshee.....impressive, tell him not to kill himself.

ok ill go with the filter kit then.. but .. what is a boost bottle?? like is there something in it?? like nitro maybe?

RagunCajun
11-25-2007, 10:36 AM
boost bottles are suppose to help throttle response and low end. Dynos and many other people have proven it's a waste of money. I had one and it did nothing.

They also put more weight on the rubber things and can cause them to crack and leak.

FMF makes really good pipes. I'm a toomey fan but i have never tried FMF pipes. A local has one on his she and it does very well.

bloodmoney23
11-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Boost Bottle is a just an empty tube. All its purpose to do is hold air so its right there when you hit the gas instead of pulling from the airbox. just gets air to combustion chamber a little faster. Just think of it like this. On a turbocharged car the reason for a blowoff valve is to release all the air so it doesnt go back through the turbo and damage the turbine. On the shee it works like a blowoff valve.......the air goes back into it but holds it instead of releasing it.

firefighterjosh
11-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Save the $20 for a booste bottle. They dont do jack crap

That400exGuy
11-26-2007, 09:35 AM
ok thanks

-Zak

Hondamaster5505
11-27-2007, 02:11 PM
wow, he beat me, i started riding my dads banshe when i was 12. but his is also 55hp. i rode a stock one, they arent impressive at all, but can be built up easily

RagunCajun
11-27-2007, 05:45 PM
stock ones are nice. It all depends what you were on before that.

Hondamaster5505
11-27-2007, 05:53 PM
i know they're are nice, im just saying they are so different stock. Decent all-around power, quiet, etc

Its because those stock snakes they call headers why they are so mellow stock. lol.

bloodmoney23
11-27-2007, 09:58 PM
well ****......any stock pipe sucks...they make them that way so people spend $800 to upgrade....its a conspiracy man.

Hondamaster5505
11-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
well ****......any stock pipe sucks...they make them that way so people spend $800 to upgrade....its a conspiracy man.

actually, these head pipes are different then most bikes.

These pipes are actually DESIGNED to lose power.. 6hp to be exact. Thats why you get a tremedous gain on these bikes with just pipes.

That was the only way they can get it to pass insurance and safety bullcrap..