PDA

View Full Version : Good places to ride in WI

Neocon
11-24-2007, 02:23 PM
I am trying to find some new trails in Wisconsin. I am pretty much getting tired of BRF area. I want to get to some new trails next year. I know there are alot in the state.

SpeedyWho
11-24-2007, 08:47 PM
The Cheese trail from Monroe to Mineral Point(48 miles one way) is good for bar hopping, lots right off the trail. But the riding is very tame, and no side trails or hills

How is the BRF area? How many miles of trails can you access there?

Neocon
11-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Yea we go there alot too. It is kind of boring but open year round. BRF is nice there you can access over 100 mi of trails. I just have been going there for over 5 years and it is getting old to me

BlasterEaten250
11-26-2007, 05:53 PM
I've heard good things about the trails in oconto county, they're called the dusty trails I believe. I think they have around 110 miles or so. Also if you are willing to go a bit farther the price county trails in wisconsin are awesome, best place we have ridden in Wisconsin hands down.

SpeedyWho
11-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Where is Prince County? I dont mind a long trip to ride if its worth it. I plan on doing some overnight trips on Wi state trails with the wife this coming year. Thanks

Neocon
11-27-2007, 07:02 AM
Price county is up by like Hurly I believe. I am going to try to make it up that way at least once this year. I have looked into the Dusty Trails i might have to hit those up as well.

Billy B4
11-27-2007, 11:13 AM
one of my friends used to ride the dusty trails all the time and he loved them. Do you know of any tracks or trails that are open in winter? Lake Winnebago is fun when it freezes. We have a lot of oval tracks made out there too so its a good time. We park at Waverly, the restaraunt, and we go right out from that.

Neocon
11-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Monroe cheese county trails are open and so are neillsville area has some winter trails. I mostly ride Little Muskego and Big Muskego lakes and going to hit the Fox River this winter too.

SpeedyWho
11-28-2007, 04:59 PM
I love riding on frozen lakes! I ride the Fox River and the Chain O Lakes as much as I can during the winter. I would like to make the trip up to Winnebago this year keep me posted on when the lake is ready.

SpeedyWho
12-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Anybody up for some trail riding on Dec. 14-16 any where in Wi? I know that some trails are still open.

AnDy7
12-08-2007, 04:57 PM
im not far from oconto prolly about 30 mins or so.. i live right on the boarder of Wisconsin. i live in Menominee, Mi i wouldnt mind making a trip down thier to go riding

BlasterEaten250
12-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by SpeedyWho
I love riding on frozen lakes! I ride the Fox River and the Chain O Lakes as much as I can during the winter. I would like to make the trip up to Winnebago this year keep me posted on when the lake is ready. What lakes do you usually ride on on the chain o lakes? I live like a mile from Pistakee bay and have ridden on it one time but now I'm too scared:o

soberagain150
12-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Neocon
I am trying to find some new trails in Wisconsin. I am pretty much getting tired of BRF area. I want to get to some new trails next year. I know there are alot in the state.

hey man, im from mukwonago, living in waukesha. during the riding season me and a bunch of guys go up to fondulac's ohv mx park which is exactly an hour from waukesha. so easy to get too too... jst take 164 to hwy 60 and boom your there. and its a blast up there. just wait till the rivers and lakes freeze... couple of my buddies are from muksego and we go riding out by his land out there. my buddy that lives in mukwonago has land out there where we go riding at too. im hoping within the nxt 2 weeks tho that my quads back together. right now i have it in peices getting the frame gusseted and powdercoated. glad to see another guy near me that rides.

SpeedyWho
12-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
What lakes do you usually ride on on the chain o lakes? I live like a mile from Pistakee bay and have ridden on it one time but now I'm too scared:o

My buddy live on Grass so we start there and ride the northern side, and use side channels to get around. We ride the river too all the way up to WI hwy50 if the ice is good.