PDA

View Full Version : 03 "Team Green"

400exTN
11-08-2002, 08:52 AM
I got this off another site. Has anyone else heard this?

Duncan will be the official "Team Green" effort for the GNC's, Cain & Lohr will be riding green. Duncan will also field a GNCC team.

fourwhls
11-08-2002, 12:39 PM
I really hope this is true...It would be great to see the sport get factory help. Chad races with us periodically. I will have to ask him next time I see him.

user101
11-08-2002, 07:28 PM
400extn where r u in TN. i live about an hour away from memphis.

bongwater200
11-09-2002, 03:57 PM
They might as well call them "team yellow"

The last team green had to use 250R engines in their bikes to win XC races. They were using 250R engines for quite awhile until a sharp-eye took notice of the unmistakable cases! THey denied that they were using a 250R engine, but funny, they never showed up for the rest of the races. The only thing Kawasaki on that machine was the stickers! It was a 250R in a Roll chassis!

BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dale512
11-09-2002, 04:57 PM
I have seen the Team Greens KX250, it was definatly a KX motor.....if thats what ur talking about.

tprender
11-09-2002, 07:29 PM
To begin with they did have a KX250 engine in the frame. But the engine had no counter balancer and they tried every thing to get rid of the vibirationand they could not. The engine was fast, but in a XC race they could not ride it the full time. The only way that they could stop the vibiration was to put the Honda engine in. Yokely had won the first couple of races and Kaw though that it would put egg on there face if they said that he had won a kaw quad, but it realy had a Honda engine. This was most of the story that I had heard from different people. Yokely will be riding a ral Kaw next year it look's like from the pic's.

bongwater200
11-10-2002, 12:20 PM
Yep.... that motor is nothing but a KX250 engine for the most part. The problem is that the gear ratios are all screwed up for quad use and that it vibrates too much. I had a Tecate 4 a long time ago, and it was slow as ****. Kaw needed to come up with a whole new engine if they wanted to be competitive in the quad market. Now that they have the KXF400 ( or the green Z-400 anyway ) they should be better off. You can't just rely on sticking motocross bike engines in a quad and get away with it these days. It would still be tough to beat a good old 250R engine even if you designed one specifically for quad use. Honda had it figured out back then.