PDA

View Full Version : finding my dad

m.h.s.c.#527
11-24-2007, 12:34 AM
Well when i was seven my dad left. now im 15. im not going to go into details but he has a very common name. who can i hire to find him because im having no luck?

tp300ex
11-24-2007, 12:37 AM
a job like that u would probley need a private agent...and its going to cost a good sum of cash...i know someone who found his dad with a private agent and it was emotional and very disappointing...good luck and hope it goes well

Ghost-Rider
11-24-2007, 12:48 AM
Honestly, you probably shouldn't even bother. And a common name will just make him harder to find.

m.h.s.c.#527
11-24-2007, 12:51 AM
how you would u like to be told to not bother u to find your dad honestly thats not what i asked for nor is it your place to say that

Eviltanker
11-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Hey bud, don't worry what people say If you want to do it hire a private agent to do it. They are expensive though. You might be happy or dissapointed, that is something you will not know till you meet him. Good luck. I hope the best for you.

11-24-2007, 08:07 AM
It depends how common your dads name is. Try to get all the info about him you can and talk to relatives. My last name is long and i thouth nobody else had it but i looked in the phone book and there was like half a page so if your dads first and last name are common its just gonna make it harder to find it alone without profesional help

416exfreak
11-24-2007, 10:03 AM
All I can say to you, is Good Luck! :)

I hope it all turns out well for you. I know a bunch of people who have found thier dad's or mom's and wished they hadnt. Still, I hope you find him and everythign goes well for you.:macho

11-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Check under your bed!

DVXracer
11-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by ryan92
Check under your bed!

Not even funny bro.

I wish you the best of luck and hope everything turns out okay for you! :)

Also as mentioned before, dont let anyone else's thoughts stop you, if you want to do it, do it.

the Z Man
11-24-2007, 11:01 AM
Send me his name and last known address, I will help..

mine
11-24-2007, 11:35 AM
you might wanna contact joe dirt, he has some personal experience.

all jokes aside, an agent is probably gonna be your best bet.

ZeroLogic
11-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by DVXracer
Not even funny bro.

I wish you the best of luck and hope everything turns out okay for you! :)

Also as mentioned before, dont let anyone else's thoughts stop you, if you want to do it, do it.

07250ex
11-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Check under your bed!

thats a useless remark ... you should be anally raped by a man with every std known

11-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by 07250ex
thats a useless remark ... you should be anally raped by a man with every std known

Wow you went into alot of detail with that. You must know that from a first hand experience with someone. If you really want to find your dad then call like Oprah and she will help you.

shftmx300ex
11-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Wow you went into alot of detail with that. You must know that from a first hand experience with someone. If you really want to find your dad then call like Oprah and she will help you.

yea oprah...ur a bright one huh..makin jokes when this kids tryin to make a serious thread to find his dad..cold hearted *******.

DVXracer
11-24-2007, 02:10 PM

Drop the sh*t now. I have trouble with my parents too, i know how it is.

m.h.s.c.#527, dont listen to what some of these people have to say, i have faith you will find you dad and everything will turn out okay. Best of luck bud.

hungus07trx400
11-24-2007, 02:14 PM
I would try contacting as many family members on his side of the tree as you can get a hold of. One of them may even know where he is right now. And even if they don't, like it was said before, you should be able to gather much more info than you have now that will only help you on your way. Good luck, you should do this. Living with regret is no fun at all...

quadfamily
11-24-2007, 02:29 PM
I would think if you have his SS# then it would be easy for a professional to look him up. While his name may be common he is the only one with that SS number.

11-24-2007, 02:36 PM

hahahahahahahhahahaaaaa lmao omg man lol..............all jokes aside i wish you the best of luck and i will help you in any way shape or form if you need it.

NPelletier
11-24-2007, 02:37 PM
i wish you luck man...:)

m.h.s.c.#527
11-24-2007, 06:32 PM
thanks guys i am goin to get a hold of his sister but from what my mom understands he has burned his bridges with every known family member

mineralgrey01gt
11-24-2007, 06:35 PM
man, i think its awesome your willing to find your dad like that. I dont blame you one bit for doing it. All the people hating on you do not realize how you feel im sure.

honda8&3
11-24-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by DVXracer
Drop the sh*t now. I have trouble with my parents too, i know how it is.

m.h.s.c.#527, dont listen to what some of these people have to say, i have faith you will find you dad and everything will turn out okay. Best of luck bud.

x2 dude:) :muscle:

11-24-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
man, i think its awesome your willing to find your dad like that. I dont blame you one bit for doing it. All the people hating on you do not realize how you feel im sure.

x2, i couldnt imagine growing up with a father figure around. I hope you find him.

MX MaNiAc 06
11-24-2007, 08:31 PM
I really hope that u find him and i wish u the best of luck. Not to offend u but i know a couple ppl in the same situation n its better off that hes not around.

bulkdriverlp
11-24-2007, 08:41 PM
if your dad hasnt found you by now then he probobly dosent care. yes i know my dad left when i was 3 and i met him when i was 24. what a loser wish i wouldnt have. good luck finding your dad.

One_Bad_400
11-24-2007, 11:23 PM
my girl friend has never met her dad... the day they found out that she was a girl her dad left becsaue he wanted a boy (true love, i know) and he lives in the town next to us and she's never seen him or hurd from him... she got a phone call a few years ago and it was her "sister" she never knew she had and she was living with him but she never spoke to her dad... wierd... she goes back and forth on wanting to met him or not... if my dad ran away when i wasnt even born and i found him at my age... i'd probably hire someone to beat the s*** out of him insted

bwamos
11-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Depending on the state.. if you check your birth certificate it should have the fathers social security number on it. One you have that the rest is easy.

quadfamily
11-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Good idea. I just checked all my kids and my own birth cert's and apparently NJ is not one of the states that puts the fathers SS on them. Maybe his state is though.

416exfreak
11-28-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
my girl friend has never met her dad... the day they found out that she was a girl her dad left becsaue he wanted a boy (true love, i know) and he lives in the town next to us and she's never seen him or hurd from him... she got a phone call a few years ago and it was her "sister" she never knew she had and she was living with him but she never spoke to her dad... wierd... she goes back and forth on wanting to met him or not... if my dad ran away when i wasnt even born and i found him at my age... i'd probably hire someone to beat the s*** out of him insted

Hiring someone wouldnt give me any satisfaction.

Id give him hell and a guilt trip then spit in his face and walk away knowing im the better man for not deserting my family.:ermm:

Good luck to you though, m.h.s.c.#527

Sjorge450R
11-28-2007, 04:45 PM
my dad is a foster child and has never met his family. I asked why he hasnt searched for them and he just says "They know im out here and they havent looked for me, why should i look for them" Which is how i would feel about the situation probaly, but

if you really want too, your mom should know his social and that would make it soooo easy to find him,but just like alot of people say, once you meet him, you may wish that you never did, but i do hope you find him.

MILLHOUSE
11-30-2007, 07:01 AM
My sister and I have different fathers. Mom had my sister in college. Met my father and year later then had me. 4 years between us. Our mother never would speak of Kim's-my sister-paternal father. She offered no info whatsoever.

When my sister got married and decided to start a family, she wanted info on him purely for medical reasons. She found him in jail in Tennessee convicted on attempted man slaughter.

Worse part is this sob is filthy stinking ******** rich. family owns 6 banks in metro Nashville. Before any information was released to my sister on the family medical background , she had to sign a no suit document. Meaning she could not sue him for back child support or family rights to the fortune.

She went and saw him prison just to laugh in his face. Then wrote a letter to the Nashville sentinel-newspaper- to let the people of Nashville know who they were banking with.

3 years later the last bank closed down due to lack of business. hahaahahahaha. You reap what you sow.

Moral of the story is get even!

Honda_Matt
11-30-2007, 09:57 AM
Im not being negative, but if your dad left that long ago and hasnt contacted you, why do you want to find him?

Im sure its hard to not have a dad, since my dad is such a huge part of my life but I couldnt imagine being in your situation and struggling to go through with this.

Best of luck!

400exrider707
11-30-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Honda_Matt
Im not being negative, but if your dad left that long ago and hasnt contacted you, why do you want to find him?

Im sure its hard to not have a dad, since my dad is such a huge part of my life but I couldnt imagine being in your situation and struggling to go through with this.

Best of luck!

Maybe his dad is thinking the same thing... maybe his dad is thinking if he (my son) wants to contact me, he will do so when the time is right. What about those parents who never knew they had the kid in the first place, not saying this is the case here, but it has and does happen. Sometimes the other parent will never tell them about the kid. I've seen it. Go ahead and try to meet up with your dad, either way good or bad, you'll get some closure at least.

reptikes
11-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Becarefull of what you want, you just might get it! And then in return you'll find out that in thee end that it wasn't worth it. I don't know how you are mentally, but it can make things alot worse depending what kind of person you are.

Hondamaster5505
12-01-2007, 10:18 AM

lmfao! Anyways, good luck finding him. I give you credit for the whole situation. My dads like an anchor in my life, id feel lost w/ out him

trx400EXtreme
12-01-2007, 10:25 AM
sorry to hear that bro. good luck finding him!