PDA

View Full Version : What you guys have instore for your winter rebuilds...

ZeroLogic
11-23-2007, 10:09 PM
What the title says, What do you guys have planned for your bike and quads for 08 season?

Heres mine,

UFO stock plastic kit, number plate and fork protectors, mine are in poor shape.

TM designworks no leak exhaust collar, after my brother flattened my FMF Sst exhaust I brought a brand new one and now it won't stop blowing out oil where the header meets the silencer. I've tried everything to stop it. I sure hope this fixes it!

New break pads, front and rear.

Front and rear Pro Wheel rims and spokes, I don't have the extra $$ for Excel rims.

New numbers and number backgrounds

2008 FX Signature Series Graphics. The look pretty sick!

New rings.

I'm sure there will be some other odds and ends to thant. I'm tight on money so no big mods for me. What do you have instore for you guys?

mx1791
11-23-2007, 10:30 PM
im finally starting mine now:D

anyway mines a small rebuild.

new front end (smc/motowoz or fox)
black maier plastics w/laker scooped hood
KandK graphics
powder coated frame/nerfs/flexx bars/bumper

Flip_SideEX
11-24-2007, 12:56 AM
since i have no cash, my winter rebuild during college break will be tearing down the machine and cleaning everything. Make it look nice atleast if im not able to improve it.

bradley300
11-24-2007, 02:33 AM
i bougt a raptor 250 i'm doing a bunch of work on. its one of the blue/black ones. i already have-

full set of hipers (black rings)
tireballs
fasst flex bars

and its at my sponsors place right now getting-

SMS +3+1 LT a-arms (yamaha blue)
SMS +1 swingarm (yamaha blue)
shocks ?? not sure what brand
SMS frame gussets and PC (flat black)
AC blackline bumper, grab bar and nerfs
SMS SS brakelines and blade rotors
HMF exhaust (black w/ gold cap)
Powermadd handgaurds (black/gold)
skids?? not sure what brand, probably PRM

that might be about it for now but it should be a good start

JJs450r
11-24-2007, 05:57 AM
i just put some new maier plastics, my last race is this weekend, so probably be getting a new axle, some douglas bead locks, i have maxxis razr cross sitting on the table waiting for the rims, proably get new graphics, and numbers, maybe a set of flex bars, and the yfz will be in shop for maintences for the valves and what not

reconmaster
11-24-2007, 07:40 AM
waiting on front end bushings and bearings, axle seals, got to order a chain, sprockets are in my room with a rpm d2 axle +4, checking over the top end and rekluse, lubing everything, sending my shocks to pro tech suspension (local shop) for a revalve, hAave snow board bindings to secure my feet better, getting a rox speed fx pivot riser, few odds n ends, trying to find gripper material for my custom seat

Mxjunkie
11-24-2007, 08:01 AM
Front and back suspension and I would like to build another top end for it. In the last year I have replaced every bearing,bushing, transmission,clutch,side cases, new stator/flywheel, new coil, wires, uni filter, pro taper bars, new grips, billet water pump/new bearing and seal.. I have quite a pile of reciepts! lol Hopefully it will last me another 3 years of hard riding. :cool:

Ruby Soho
11-24-2007, 08:06 AM
i want to do

new plastic, graphics, powder coat frame/swinger/subframe/small parts, exhaust, carb, shocks, swingarm, axle, a-arms and odds and ends like clutch lever/perch etc..

rollie
11-24-2007, 08:27 AM
Guesset kit
PC white frame/subframe, red lower a-arms,stem and swing arm, chrome upper a-arms, black motormounts, clutch cover, cam cover, nerfs/bumper/grabbar
LSR DC-4 LT a-arms
Fox Float Evols
LSR +4 axle
Elka elite LT rear shock with pro dual linkage
anti-fade loc nut
Gabriel racing graphics/seat cover
new tires, not sure what kind yet

mine
11-24-2007, 08:35 AM
2005 yz 250

all new plastics( stock blue ) w/ factory 07 graphics

pro-circuit works pipe,silencer(already have reeds )

break pads, front and rear, (possibly rotors)

top end

sprocket/chain

get the suspension revalved in march:devil:

NPelletier
11-24-2007, 09:56 AM
i want a quad:D

250r rider 88
11-24-2007, 10:02 AM
SMC Longtravel +1 front end with elka quad rates
Elka rebuilt rear shock
Holeshot GNCC's on Hipers
Misc. bolt on goodies
Streamline Billitanium Stabilizer
4 gal fuel tank

416exfreak
11-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Tear her down and clean everythingup real good. Polish a few odds and ends. Maybe try and find a new set of used wheels for some slicks.

Nothing to extravagant. I'll have a 450 in 6 months, so i'm not dumping to much into it. Should be interesting watching my mom adjust to my 440 though:devil:

ZeroLogic
11-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Tear her down and clean everythingup real good. Polish a few odds and ends. Maybe try and find a new set of used wheels for some slicks.

Nothing to extravagant. I'll have a 450 in 6 months, so i'm not dumping to much into it. Should be interesting watching my mom adjust to my 440 though:devil:

Yea, I'm not dumping too much into my bike because next winter I'm going to be buying a 250f, probably a Kfx.:devil:

honda8&3
11-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Yea, I'm not dumping too much into my bike because next winter I'm going to be buying a 250f, probably a Kfx.:devil:

ZERO I have the same plan LOL. I am definetely getting a 250F. Prolly the KX250F or possibly a CRF250R

ZeroLogic
11-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Crfs have valve problems. Rmz has case craking problems. Yami and Kawi are the only ones that I havn't heard of any problems with.:macho

416exfreak
11-24-2007, 12:52 PM

My buddy has an08 KFX250F (im pretty sure its an 08) and that thing is NAAAASTY! It will seriously haul arse.:macho

honda8&3
11-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Crfs have valve problems. Rmz has case craking problems. Yami and Kawi are the only ones that I havn't heard of any problems with.:macho

Ask any CRF owner on here about that problem and theyll say different. Just put in some Kibblewhite valves and that problem will go away real fast LOL.:cool:

Pipeless416
11-24-2007, 05:42 PM
im not really rebuilding, just adding. anyway, i figured it was a good idea to run my savings down to nothing, so since october i have bought a 450r carb, 450r shocks, burgard +2 arms, trailtech lights, quadtech hood, black seat, asv clutch lever, and i'll be purchasing a g force axle soon. :) im so broke.

honda8&3
11-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
im not really rebuilding, just adding. anyway, i figured it was a good idea to run my savings down to nothing, so since october i have bought a 450r carb, 450r shocks, burgard +2 arms, trailtech lights, quadtech hood, black seat, asv clutch lever, and i'll be purchasing a g force axle soon. :) im so broke.

Ya but you got a nice 400ex to show for it dude:cool:

JRP
11-24-2007, 09:51 PM
precision stabilizer
fox podium/linkage/swinger
freshed motor
plastics
pc
flexx bars
new hood
new tires
another quad? haha

quadwanter
11-24-2007, 10:55 PM
+3 stroker crank
12:1 je piston
new chain and sprokets
and clean the hell out of it

RaptorRacer45
11-25-2007, 09:36 AM
In progress

New Axle/swingarm bearings
Rebuilt Lonestar A Arms
GT Thunder Rebuilt suspension
Redone Graphics
and a few chassis repairs

Ill be ready for 2008:D

XXXRACER165
11-25-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm hoping to throw some 450r front shocks on mine, and some wheel spacers

jb500ex
11-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
i bougt a raptor 250 i'm doing a bunch of work on. its one of the blue/black ones. i already have-

full set of hipers (black rings)
tireballs
fasst flex bars

and its at my sponsors place right now getting-

SMS +3+1 LT a-arms (yamaha blue)
SMS +1 swingarm (yamaha blue)
shocks ?? not sure what brand
SMS frame gussets and PC (flat black)
AC blackline bumper, grab bar and nerfs
SMS SS brakelines and blade rotors
HMF exhaust (black w/ gold cap)
Powermadd handgaurds (black/gold)
skids?? not sure what brand, probably PRM

that might be about it for now but it should be a good start

how is that bike?

mx428
11-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Crfs have valve problems. Rmz has case craking problems. Yami and Kawi are the only ones that I havn't heard of any problems with.:macho not true. if you maintain any of the 07/08 bikes they will all be good, you just have to realize that you cannot ride a 250f like a 125, and that the harder you ride it the more frequently you need to put in fresh top ends. change your oil and filter every couple rides, and you won't have any problems.

tar
11-25-2007, 06:15 PM
ST axis shocks
rear beadlocks
new front wheels
new mx tires all around
steering stabilizer
shave fenders

firefighterjosh
11-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Port polish
Vavle angle grind
Combustion reshape
Cp cpiston
Webb Cam
Some clutch work

:devil:

bradley300
11-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
how is that bike?

i love it. it looks really small, but there its actually a little mor roomy than a blaster when you sit on it with the way the footpegs, steering stem and front fenders are. its incredibly light also which is nice. the best way to desribe it would be a better handling, better feeling blaster with a 300ex motor. it really seems to have the ebst of both a blaster and 300ex

trx400EXtreme
11-28-2007, 02:34 PM
i'll be doing a little build: PEP shocks, hopefully FMF powerbomb if i get the money, maybe new a-arm bushings, and a real deep clean, and what ever brakes from now till christmas.:blah:

416exfreak
11-28-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by XXXRACER165
I'm hoping to throw some 450r front shocks on mine, and some wheel spacers

I wouldnt take those works off and put stock 450r shocks on. You'll be dissapointed. Get yours freshend up and a rezzie put on, I promise you that you'll be much happier.;)