PDA

View Full Version : what would you say is more unhealthy or more "deadly"

dirtbike&quad
11-23-2007, 03:37 PM
smoking a cigar or two every weekend

or

getting drunk on the weekends, just once every weekend, like on a saturday night.

be mature, serious thread.
thanks
mike

bcg717
11-23-2007, 03:48 PM
answer could go either way. But you can look at it like you make stupid decisions when drunk that could lead to something deadly, or in my case smoke cigars when i'm drunk

300EXrider356
11-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Probably getting drunk because of the decisions you sometimes make while your drunk. If you dont do it to the extremes though there both really not that dangerous but I dont know

wvspeedfreak
11-23-2007, 03:52 PM
I would say getting drunk every weekend is definately more harmful than a cigar or 2 a week.

07250ex
11-23-2007, 03:54 PM
drunk is worse on ur brain cells

400EXtreme
11-23-2007, 04:07 PM
well how drunk is drunk

dirtbike&quad
11-23-2007, 04:19 PM
maybe i shouldnt say drunk because gettin drunk is very unhealthy, but a little tipsy, a few beers basically...

Doober
11-23-2007, 04:37 PM
correct me if im wrong but ive heard your not supposed to inhale cigars its only about taste...so i would say gettin drunk would be worse..

07250ex
11-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Doober
correct me if im wrong but ive heard your not supposed to inhale cigars its only about taste...so i would say gettin drunk would be worse..

no your right you dont inhale cigars

pro-rider46
11-23-2007, 04:51 PM
getting drunk for sure, in the long wrong you will be healthier with cigars i would believe, especially if you dont inhale, but one thing usually leads to another, like eventaully cigerettes, but when your drunk they are dumb things like hopping on a quad with out a helmet, can you even imagine trying to jump a quad while being impared, and even with out a helmet, or hopping in a car, you see kids die all the time in car crashes from being impared

Quad18star
11-23-2007, 05:08 PM
If you're not looking at the things you do when you're drinking ( ie driving , swimming , etc) , then I would say Inhaling cigar smoke would be worse on your health than pounding back a few too many on a Saturday night.

Getting drunk is just the excess alcohol level in your blood for a few hours ... your body filters it ... your liver is strong enough to take it once a week. It would be different in you were getting drunk every night ... that there would cause cirrhosis of the liver ( irreperable damage to the liver). Your liver tissues can regenerate themselves.

Cigar smoke on the other hand attacks the cells in the lungs and "blackens" them or "kills" them. As far as I know , once you've destroyed your lungs , there's no turning back. Add all the other carcinogens that are being added to the cigars in factories and you're looking at Cancer.

dirtbike&quad
11-23-2007, 06:19 PM
right but a cigar a week is really going to kill your tissues and stuff like that?

XXXRACER165
11-23-2007, 06:31 PM
YAAAAHHHHH

chevy
11-23-2007, 06:35 PM
i think smoking a few cigars during the week or drinking a few cold ones on the weekends isnt that bad for u.

When it comes to drinking its the dumb crap that ppl do that make it dangerous. As long as u r safe and u know ur limit theres nothing wrong with getting a lil drunk on the weekends.

As for cigars i smoke one every now and then and i usually inhale them and yes i know ur not suppose to. smoking them everynow and then u will be fine.

i wouldnt listen to anyone or anything that tells u that smoking a certain amount will give u cancer. everyone is different ive seen ppl get cancer from second hand smoke and i know guys that have inhaled cigars all their life and r healthy as can be.

just my 2 cents

TRX450RACER174
11-23-2007, 06:42 PM
I don't think one is deadlier than the other, both have there long term effects on you body and i am a witness to that everyday, my dad is a long time smoker and a recovering alcoholic, sure each has it's own impact on your body in different ways but it's what each thing does to different parts of your body after long term use that could be potentially deadly, cancer, kidney disease, and i'm sure a small list of other things, i'm not a fan of cigars or cigaretes and i have a drink every now and then but neither is good for riding.

mojo123
11-23-2007, 11:23 PM
i rather drink than smoke anyday i think