PDA

View Full Version : cometic MLS head gasket-reusable??

dondiesel444
11-23-2007, 02:32 PM
is the Cometic MLS head gasket re-usable? I might mave to pull my head off again and hopefully I wont have to buy another head gasket. I know the MLS has some sort of sealer on it....

does anyone know for sure??

boosted3g
11-23-2007, 05:09 PM
They claim to be reusable but for the price of them id just get a new one. If you are going to reuse it spray it with some copper spray or some ceramic high temp spray paint.

swigs84
11-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Yes they are reusable. I have them on my mustang and have had the heads off about 3 times with the same gasket. Put 3 coats of the copper spray on them let it sit for about 10 minutes between each coat.

Big - D Racing
11-23-2007, 07:26 PM
i've never heard of a reusable head gasket, even if they claim it I wouldn't rixk it. head gaskets hold in all that compression. Imagine you do try to reuse it and it doesn't work, then you'll have to stop riding. Go and by another one, take apart your top end (again), buy a new head gasket (which you could have just done the first time), put it all back together (again), do your timing (again), adjust your valves (again), then finally get to ride. Not worth the potential work. No one wants to rebuild their top end twice because they decided to not spend $30 on a reliable new head gasket. $30 is well worth not having to do that. You never know, it may hold and not blow, but that MAY isn't worth the risk to me.

dondiesel444
11-25-2007, 07:10 AM
thanks for the info guys!