PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 elite vs xbox 360

exrider12
11-23-2007, 09:10 AM
whats the difference between them, besides color?

trxwannbe
11-23-2007, 09:14 AM
i believe there is close to a 100gig difference in hard drive space

exrider12
11-23-2007, 09:36 AM
anyone know anything else?

400EXtreme
11-23-2007, 11:09 AM
and its black thats it.

TRLBLZR7
11-23-2007, 11:09 AM
elite is 120 gig regular is 20

predator dad
11-24-2007, 04:09 AM
The elite also has a HDMI port.

CDALEMX301
11-24-2007, 09:29 AM
They all have an HDMI port....The elite is black, comes with a low end HDMI cable, and has a 120 gig hard drive instead of 20...

fofity
11-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by CDALEMX301
They all have an HDMI port....The elite is black, comes with a low end HDMI cable, and has a 120 gig hard drive instead of 20...

low end HDMI cable? HDMI is a digital signal meaning the video doesn't degrade like analog (composite, component) so don't be fooled by those monster cable sales people, there is no difference between $5 cables and the $100 ones. but yeah whats already been said its black and has a bigger hard drive.

beaker1214
11-24-2007, 11:57 AM
Really it all depends on how u wanna use your xbox. If you are planning to download a bunch of content such as movies and games off of xbox live then get the elite, but for just basically playing games the regular x box will be well suited for u. I'm in the process of deciding which one to get right now too, im thinking of being cheep and getting the regular x box then if I need more space there is the 120 external drive you can buy for them.
This is one of my questions if the external drive is just a hard drive that plugs into the usb port on the xbox. You would think that there maybe a way to connect a computer external drive that is alot cheaper, I haven't heard of this being possible but just some food for thought.

CDALEMX301
11-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by fofity
low end HDMI cable? HDMI is a digital signal meaning the video doesn't degrade like analog (composite, component) so don't be fooled by those monster cable sales people, there is no difference between $5 cables and the $100 ones. but yeah whats already been said its black and has a bigger hard drive.

Thats a crock....I work at best buy i have seen first hand the difference in quality between an expensive HDMI and not...There is a reason why Monster has patents on there products.... Have you seen how thick a monster cable is compared to say a Dynex or Rocket Fish...Or acoustic research....Have you ever cut one open to see the inside and the difference in materials? Do you realize that Monster uses gold for the connections which conducts electricity better then the lower and stuff the other companies use....I had low end cables I upgraded I can see a difference...

FreeStylerEx
11-24-2007, 08:02 PM
my causin works at circuit city,and another at best buy, they says the elites are returned constantly because they have promblems not saving rite, and have been freezing up. " They say they get about 6 returned every 2 weeks for the promblems", premium one is not to bad, I love mine. You can now buy them and they come with forza2 and ultimate aliance for $350.00. Sure the harddrive is big enough on elite but if they are returned for erasing saved games Ive took my time to play. I think I would buy another premuim for the 350.

11-24-2007, 08:24 PM
I would get the premium becuase I like the white better and when you get it it doesnt have 20gb becuase it has downloaded crap like system stuff so its like 13 but I have like 10 games and 2 demos on it and its only at 11gb and each game is like 1mb so I mean the 20gb is more then enough unless you download movies.

beaker1214
11-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by FreeStylerEx
my causin works at circuit city,and another at best buy, they says the elites are returned constantly because they have promblems not saving rite, and have been freezing up. " They say they get about 6 returned every 2 weeks for the promblems", premium one is not to bad, I love mine. You can now buy them and they come with forza2 and ultimate aliance for $350.00. Sure the harddrive is big enough on elite but if they are returned for erasing saved games Ive took my time to play. I think I would buy another premuim for the 350.

No offense but two words... Spell Check but 20 gb should be good

CDALEMX301
11-25-2007, 11:16 AM
All the Xboxs blow haha they all die...I work at best buy they get returned constantly by the replacement plan and they will just give you a new one when they die...I heard something about the halo edition maybe having a new chipset in it that is more reliable....I see probably 5 xboxs returned a week...Just bought a new one 2 days ago cause mine keeps dieing and microsoft sends refurbs...gonna sell the refurb and keep my new one

exrider12
11-25-2007, 01:44 PM
do both of them come with everything for xbox live?