PDA

View Full Version : Clutch help

hendrixpeej
11-23-2007, 09:09 AM
What is the difference between an '03 and '05 z400 clutch? I have an '03 z and the clutch seems like its either in or out.. there is no feathering the clutch but its not slipping so it makes me think the clutch isnt bad? Ive heard that an 05 they added a couple more plates to the clutch? would i have to get a new clutch basket or what? could my clutch just be bad.. just not slipping? any help is apperciated... Thnx alot

indyZrider
11-23-2007, 05:43 PM
sounds like you need to adjust the clutch cable

hendrixpeej
11-23-2007, 06:37 PM
adjusted it the best i could with the stock perch.. put a new perch on with a better adjuster.. and adjust the cable at the motor.. and even after all theat adjustingit still lets out at the end of the lever and is still either in or out.. a buddy with an 04 z's clutch is the same way.. but my buddy who has an 06 z.. clutch feels completey different

jonridesz400
11-24-2007, 09:13 AM
i recently bought a barnett dirt diggler clutch for my 03 z and it was able to feather for about a month then now it is kind of getting to the half feather half drop like your talking about my friends 04 was a stock bike and it was drop or nothing lol it was horrible... but yes ive noticed this and i have no clue my friends 07 SE z is all feather i like it alot but ya know not everyone can afford one of those.

hendrixpeej
11-24-2007, 05:40 PM
I wonder if putting an 05 or up clutch basket and clutch on would remedy the problem..