PDA

View Full Version : Lectron carb choke problems

guggi102
11-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Ok I am breaking in my Pro X pv and I have a lectron carb on it. I was very very worried about the jetting but so far its been right on actually. But anyway, back to my question. The choke works like total crap! Everytime I try to start the machine when dead cold it does not start. I end up pulling the spark plug and dropping a few drips of fuel in. I mean like 3 drops, hardly anything. And then i put the plug back and one kick and she fires and runs great. Anyone else with a lectron have these problems? i have cleaned it so many times, including the choke circuit and I can not get this thing to fire cold. Once I start it it will start in 1-3 kicks all day. Did this with the previous non pv cylinder as well.

Scottt89
11-22-2007, 11:51 PM
I must have an older style or something, I don't beleive my Lectron even has a choke. If it does, I've never used it. Open the throttle a few times after it has been sitting for a while. Then I will push the kicker through the cylce, get it back to the top of the stroke and kick it. Usually starts right up no problems.