PDA

View Full Version : Drummers out there..

shftmx300ex
11-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Im curious to see how many people here play the drums..I've been playin for about 5 years, ive won a couple competitions, played in a band, recorded a cd, and played at the locobazooka pre show.. Drummers post pics of ur sets.

Heres mine with some videos..

http://i6.tinypic.com/7xw85qh.jpg
sorry its the only pic i have now, those are the other instruments i also play.

heres a solo i did..it was like 2am and for some reson my friend dicided to take his shirt off too?? so dont mind that.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JSQKPkKHnMo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JSQKPkKHnMo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I am also looking for a band, i play metal/harcore anthing from killswitch engage, unearth, norma jean, underminded, demon hunter...bands like that.

spanky101
11-22-2007, 02:54 PM
nice setup! i used to play drums back for a little while, just sorta got out of it. Had a decent set, tama, and would go over my buddies house who has a beautiful set of DW Drums. I wish i still played now! haha

shftmx300ex
11-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by spanky101
nice setup! i used to play drums back for a little while, just sorta got out of it. Had a decent set, tama, and would go over my buddies house who has a beautiful set of DW Drums. I wish i still played now! haha

you can fix that..start playin again man.

shftmx300ex
11-22-2007, 03:15 PM
any one else out there play??

TRX_450
11-22-2007, 04:24 PM
ive been playin for about 6-7 years...heres my sets...

pearl export 7 piece (in 6 right now) in chrome

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/kansas-trapper/DSCN1096.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/kansas-trapper/DSCN1103.jpg

ludwig 9 piece (worth more than my 400 :eek2: ) got brand new heads on in the pics..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/kansas-trapper/DSCN0883.jpg

i play alot of rock, anything from GNR to Thorns of Ivy and even do some country for my uncles band once in a while. lately its been alot of demon hunter, BFMV, a7x, atreyu, i am ghost, and sum 41

shftmx300ex
11-22-2007, 04:35 PM
nice sets dude, yea they can get expensive, with all my **** on my set was about 3 grand..maybe more

TRX_450
11-22-2007, 04:39 PM
paid 686 for the pearl...came with a rack and other stuyff guy threw in brna dnew xs20 cymbals and some other stuff...with all that and my stuff i put on it ive got around 1500-2000 in it

got the ludwig for free, and got offered anywhere from 3-5k online at drummerworld for it so i guess its kind of rare

shftmx300ex
11-22-2007, 04:43 PM
yea, i that silver korg keyboard was 4 grand alone...music equipment is way to much money IMO

Pvt. Maggot
11-22-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm mostly a guitarist but I play drums as well. My old set, haven't played for awhile. But I plan on picking up a new set in the future. :cool:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p163b3e1826cae0ee35f3db3337cfc906/efadd0ca.jpg

shftmx300ex
11-22-2007, 05:08 PM
what kind of guitar do you have?

honda8&3
11-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Dude Locabazooca KICKS *****:cool: :devil:

shftmx300ex
11-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by honda8&3
Dude Locabazooca KICKS *****:cool: :devil:
yea man, we played the pre show, then stained and ill nino and smile empty soil played after

416exfreak
11-22-2007, 05:32 PM
I've always wanted to play drums...parents (mom) says it would be to loud. My dad could care less.

Ive been playing guitar for 3 years now though. They dont seem to mind my amp being turned up:ermm:

shftmx300ex
11-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
I've always wanted to play drums...parents (mom) says it would be to loud. My dad could care less.

Ive been playing guitar for 3 years now though. They dont seem to mind my amp being turned up:ermm:

man, its not that loud..dont let ur perants ruin somthin that you wanna do..save up some money and buy a cheap kit to start..the first set i had was 300 bucks.

416exfreak
11-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Its more a matter of space I think. I have a nice enclosed shed I could keep it on once My dad gets his car finished (his engine is in there now) along with some other odds and ends.

I'm really thinking about just buying a set this summer and coming home with it. Once its bought, you really cant just take it back. As long as they stay out of the weather for 98% of the time they should be ok right. This shop isnt 100% climate proof. Moisture and such can get in, but it doesnt get rained in and **** like that.

shftmx300ex
11-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Its more a matter of space I think. I have a nice enclosed shed I could keep it on once My dad gets his car finished (his engine is in there now) along with some other odds and ends.

I'm really thinking about just buying a set this summer and coming home with it. Once its bought, you really cant just take it back. As long as they stay out of the weather for 98% of the time they should be ok right. This shop isnt 100% climate proof. Moisture and such can get in, but it doesnt get rained in and **** like that.

yea dude if its out in a shed, no one will hear it..mine is in my basement and when ur 2 storys up in my bedroom you cant hear ****.

416exfreak
11-22-2007, 06:07 PM
The only thing is...will the heads or bodies of the drums get messed up from the moisture?

They wont be getting rained on or anything, but I just dont want the finish or anything to start flaking or whatever.

jesseweaver
11-22-2007, 08:07 PM
man i played for like 4 years a lot, now i touch them about once a month at the most. i dont really have time anymore, and sometimes my parents get pissed. i have a pearl set, ill post some pics tomorrow if i remember.

drum sets are almost as bad as quads too, theres always something else you can buy for it. i guess the stuffs not as expensive, but theres almost no end to them.

shftmx300ex
11-23-2007, 05:39 PM
The only thing is...will the heads or bodies of the drums get messed up from the moisture?

They wont be getting rained on or anything, but I just dont want the finish or anything to start flaking or whatever.

well, i a have never had a set somewere that moisture would get to it, but i did keep one of my old drums in my garage and they were fine, i think you will be fine.

Ruby Soho
11-23-2007, 05:53 PM
i like banging on the drums when i jam at a friends house:p

i play guitar though, and bass if someone needs me to

heres a pic of my fender

http://a404.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/62/l_bcd44fe2d8144103a6c87e3b913604db.jpg

rbgnwa45
11-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Yeah I've been playing for 4-5 years, for 2 years when I was 6, and got another set when I was 17 and I'm 20 now. I'm not that good, but I practice for a half-hour to an hour a day, just making beats. You can teach yourself a lot. Not too long ago I started doing double hits, tripple kicks, and other crazy stuff, so I've only been seriously practicing for 1 year. I learned 'toxicity' by ear, teen spirit also, those were easy. I'll post a pic later, with the handfull of broken sticks & smashed cymbals. Play with accuracy and musicality rather than speed & force :grr: . I need a double kick, more toms and another cymbal. I want to buy electronic drums, ones that you can plug headphones into...that'd be sweet because it wouldn't take up space and wouldn't make 'noise'.

shftmx300ex
11-23-2007, 06:06 PM
did any one check out the drum solo that i did??

shftmx300ex
11-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
Yeah I've been playing for 4-5 years, for 2 years when I was 6, and got another set when I was 17 and I'm 20 now. I'm not that good, but I practice for a half-hour to an hour a day, just making beats. You can teach yourself a lot. Not too long ago I started doing double hits, tripple kicks, and other crazy stuff, so I've only been seriously practicing for 1 year. I learned 'toxicity' by ear, teen spirit also, those were easy. I'll post a pic later, with the handfull of broken sticks & smashed cymbals. Play with accuracy and musicality rather than speed & force :grr: . I need a double kick, more toms and another cymbal. I want to buy electronic drums, ones that you can plug headphones into...that'd be sweet because it wouldn't take up space and wouldn't make 'noise'.

yea my friend has an electric drumset those things are awsome but the roland v-pro set is around 5 grand so it sucks..

TRX_450
11-23-2007, 08:41 PM
yea i played on a roland td20 last saturday with all the extras and stuff...it was AMAZING

shftmx300ex
11-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by TRX_450
yea i played on a roland td20 last saturday with all the extras and stuff...it was AMAZING

ya you can do so much **** with them too, i make beats and put them together on the beats that i make on my korg, and my friend will add some guitar too. there awsome.

416exfreak
11-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by shftmx300ex
did any one check out the drum solo that i did??

I watched it....it was pretty badass.

shftmx300ex
11-23-2007, 08:51 PM
I watched it....it was pretty badass.

yea it was okay, i was just f-in around cuz my friends made me go all out, i have to put some differnt ones up soon..

416exfreak
11-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Cool, I look forward to seeing some new stuff. If you lived closer Id get you in my band. We need a good drummer.

shftmx300ex
11-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Cool, I look forward to seeing some new stuff. If you lived closer Id get you in my band. We need a good drummer.

what kinda music you guys play?

416exfreak
11-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Progressive metal, "metalcore", thrash, power metal, Grunge, hardcore, a bit of Grindcore.

We basically play whatever we feel like at the moment. Our shows are random. Lol, we just decide then play the song.

shftmx300ex
11-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Progressive metal, "metalcore", thrash, power metal, Grunge, hardcore, a bit of Grindcore.

We basically play whatever we feel like at the moment. Our shows are random. Lol, we just decide then play the song.

oo i see

416exfreak
11-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Yea, we havent been to a gig in a while. Last one was at a BBQ joint about 4 weeks ago. Our bassist became a WoW nerd, so we booted him.

shftmx300ex
11-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Yea, we havent been to a gig in a while. Last one was at a BBQ joint about 4 weeks ago. Our bassist became a WoW nerd, so we booted him.

haha gotta love those world of war craft nerds

416exfreak
11-24-2007, 02:03 PM
haha gotta love those world of war craft nerds

Id rather pimp slap every one of them.:macho :blah:

shftmx300ex
11-25-2007, 10:24 AM
any one else got some pics of there sets??

STEVENJANNA
11-25-2007, 11:17 AM
I've been playing for 20+ years. I'm schooled in Prog and love to play rock/metal. I was in a band called Free Beer for a few years and we almost did a deal with Roadrunner but, the band fell apart before it could happen. Now I'm in the process of building a good rock band called Palm's Up. I just picked up this kit to play out with and it's the first time I've ever played with a 24" bass drum WOW.

STEVENJANNA
11-25-2007, 11:22 AM

That's funny my lead guitarist (and best friend) is a WoW Guild Officer.

shftmx300ex
11-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by STEVENJANNA
I've been playing for 20+ years. I'm schooled in Prog and love to play rock/metal. I was in a band called Free Beer for a few years and we almost did a deal with Roadrunner but, the band fell apart before it could happen. Now I'm in the process of building a good rock band called Palm's Up. I just picked up this kit to play out with and it's the first time I've ever played with a 24" bass drum WOW.

nice man, i hope to play past 20 years too, i can never see myself giving up the drums.

416exfreak
11-26-2007, 09:45 AM
That's funny my lead guitarist (and best friend) is a WoW Guild Officer.

Well, I guess different people take the game to different lengths. Your guitarist didnt sell his guitar and amp to pay for membership fee's did he?

Ours did.:o

shftmx300ex
11-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Well, I guess different people take the game to different lengths. Your guitarist didnt sell his guitar and amp to pay for membership fee's did he?

Ours did.:o

hahaha wow...

shftmx300ex
11-27-2007, 06:58 PM
come on i know more people out there play the drums

trick250r
11-27-2007, 08:06 PM
gimmie a week and a half... my highschool's big christmas concert is comming up... we pack an arena. last year we sold around 12,000 tickets for one show (we do two so its kind of a big deal in our area. anyways, ll take some pics of my set. im playing set for this arrangement of god rest ye marry gentlemen by the stan kenton orchestra (four solos at the end) and we do a 10 minute long funk version of the hallelujah chorus that im playing set for. that along with my timpani parts, tambourine parts, and marimba parts im using as my audition to get into Belmont University in Nashville so hopefully it goes well. im gonna go for producing and minor in performance. any of you guys gonna take it another step after high school?

shftmx300ex
11-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by trick250r
gimmie a week and a half... my highschool's big christmas concert is comming up... we pack an arena. last year we sold around 12,000 tickets for one show (we do two so its kind of a big deal in our area. anyways, ll take some pics of my set. im playing set for this arrangement of god rest ye marry gentlemen by the stan kenton orchestra (four solos at the end) and we do a 10 minute long funk version of the hallelujah chorus that im playing set for. that along with my timpani parts, tambourine parts, and marimba parts im using as my audition to get into Belmont University in Nashville so hopefully it goes well. im gonna go for producing and minor in performance. any of you guys gonna take it another step after high school?

i was thinking about doing somthing with music after i graduate this year, but im leaning towards photography/videography and designs.....or auto becuase im going to school for auto tech now but im probably going to change my mind and go for the photography.

STEVENJANNA
11-28-2007, 07:55 AM
i was thinking about doing somthing with music after i graduate this year, but im leaning towards photography/videography and designs.....or auto becuase im going to school for auto tech now but im probably going to change my mind and go for the photography.

I went to school to be an Auto tech. I have an associates degree in automotive technology and I was an ASE master tech with L1 certification. I chose that path because I loved cars and I'm very good at working on them, but after 10 years in the field I got burned out BAD. Fortunately I had an escape plan and after another 10 years of doing something else, I can finally say that I love cars again.

STEVENJANNA
11-28-2007, 07:57 AM
Here's my "big" kit (which is for sale by the way).

STEVENJANNA
11-28-2007, 07:59 AM
Here's my new kit.

shftmx300ex
11-28-2007, 12:51 PM
nice, that is a pacific am i correct? i used to ahve one of those, not the same model though

STEVENJANNA
11-28-2007, 12:56 PM
nice, that is a pacific am i correct? i used to ahve one of those, not the same model though
Yeah. It's the new 805 series. When I 1st saw it, I said that's a nice DW knock off, then I played it. It's hands down the best kit for the $ I've ever seen.

shftmx300ex
11-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Yeah. It's the new 805 series. When I 1st saw it, I said that's a nice DW knock off, then I played it. It's hands down the best kit for the $ I've ever seen.

yea it does kind of have the same look of drum workshop. waht are the shells made out of?

STEVENJANNA
11-28-2007, 01:04 PM
yea it does kind of have the same look of drum workshop. waht are the shells made out of?

Birch shells. The kit is almost to good to have Pacific badgeing on it.

trick250r
11-28-2007, 03:33 PM

ford has lincoln and mercury, honda has acura... DW has Pacific. its just a different name.

shftmx300ex
11-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by trick250r
ford has lincoln and mercury, honda has acura... DW has Pacific. its just a different name.

werd.

MILLHOUSE
11-29-2007, 08:28 AM
Played alot from 13 til about 20. shows and demos, some studio work. Always have been a hard rock-metal drummer, but i got to work with Tinsley Ellis one time @ Southern Tracks recording studio in Atlanta. Wow is he a great guitarist.

My current set is Peavey Radial pros.I know i know peavey. But These things sound unbelievable.

Ive spent the last 15 years working part time as a stage tech, tour manager, FOH, monitors, whatever for a couple a regional touring band here in the Southeast.

Done some studio work with Stuck Mojo, Fozzy, The Duke-all of them with Rich Ward-who is a good friend of mine.

shftmx300ex
11-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by MILLHOUSE
Played alot from 13 til about 20. shows and demos, some studio work. Always have been a hard rock-metal drummer, but i got to work with Tinsley Ellis one time @ Southern Tracks recording studio in Atlanta. Wow is he a great guitarist.

My current set is Peavey Radial pros.I know i know peavey. But These things sound unbelievable.

Ive spent the last 15 years working part time as a stage tech, tour manager, FOH, monitors, whatever for a couple a regional touring band here in the Southeast.

Done some studio work with Stuck Mojo, Fozzy, The Duke-all of them with Rich Ward-who is a good friend of mine.
tjhats sick, you got any pics of it?

MILLHOUSE
11-29-2007, 02:13 PM
Its kind of tucked away in a corner of my basement right now.

But here is the kit in action-Not me drumming-Although they call me "the ringer". This is before i bought it off the band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfS6Yb9wQ-c

shftmx300ex
11-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by MILLHOUSE
Its kind of tucked away in a corner of my basement right now.

But here is the kit in action-Not me drumming-Although they call me "the ringer". This is before i bought it off the band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfS6Yb9wQ-c
you bought it from that guy? whod you get ahold of him

MILLHOUSE
11-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Ive worked for the band off and on for years. the drummer Bud Fontsere is a good friend of mine. Rich Ward the guitarist with long straight hair palying the Wolfgang guitar is another good friend.

They had a HUGE peavey endorsement deal for like 5 years. Bud has since left the band and the drums were property of the band not Bud.

Rich uses a couple of different drummers depending on what it is hes doing-Stuck Mojo, Fozzy- whatever. They have their own stuff that they like to use.

He gave me 1st dibs on the drums.
$400.00 for the kit minus the cymbals.

there were only 2 kits made in that size and color for endorsement deals. Dean Castronovo-Journey got 1. I now have the other.

Helps to have friends in the business i guess.

shftmx300ex
11-29-2007, 09:52 PM
thats pretty sick