PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Ideas

CaptainCanuck
11-22-2007, 01:07 PM
This morning I ripped the towel hanger off the wall of my bathroom in my apartment. There is a hole in the wall about the size of a cookie and some paint got stripped of the wall. What's the best way to go about fixing this? I don't want to go to the landlord because they will probably charge the hell out of me for repairs so if I can fix it up myself fairly decent, I should be able to hide it. The paint in the bathroom is white (which is good) but I will probably have to get the paint matched a little better because the white is a little weathered.

Anyone have any suggestions?

trx400EXtreme
11-22-2007, 01:41 PM
prob. just some puddy, and the same color paint.

shftmx300ex
11-22-2007, 02:44 PM
im curious to know haha how did you manage to rip the rack out of the wall?? but yea like he said use putty and the same paint..

spanky101
11-22-2007, 02:51 PM
depending on the size of cookie, the best way to fix it would be go to hd or lowes and see if they have any broken peices of sheetrock, and cut out a square and then cut the same size in your wall, tape, putty, sand, paint.... now what most people would do, including me would just get the putty, and smooth it out faily decent and then paint it....

CaptainCanuck
11-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Yeah I think I'm going to go with putty method. Ive got some experience working with it. Hopefully itll turn out alright.

How it got ripped out? THere were a bunch of towels on it (like 5 or 6) and I went to pull one out and it got hooked and I must have pulled fairly hard and ripped out right out of the wall. I was really tired when it happened (I just woke up). Talk about a way to completely **** up your day.

Thanks guys.