PDA

View Full Version : X-Box 360 issues

CDALEMX301
11-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Who here has had issues with their 360? I bought one about a year and a half ago...got the red ring of death and shipped it back to Microsoft they sent me a refurb...well 3 months later my refurb is now dead and they want me to ship it back again...They say they will replace it with a refurb but I am pissed how can a company get away with this...On the xbox forums people are on number 5 or 6 in terms of replacement units...I would jump ship for a PS3 if I hadn't bought so many games in the past 3 months...Anyone else have issues? I was on the phone with CS for an hour last night trying to get them to do something for me and they are saying all they can do is ship it to service center for a replacement....This is rediculous just wondering if I am the only one.

1fastR
11-22-2007, 09:19 AM
got one when they first came out, not one problem, I dont know what to say

you on call of duty 4 yet? that game is sweet
user tag: odster82

mudrunner35
11-22-2007, 09:25 AM
i got one when they first came out and it crashed on me and they sent me a replacement unit and i havnt had 1 problem. i would say just get the replacement unit and your problems will be solved

anyone have forza motorsports 2?

add my gamertag: Ben3569

hopefully i'll have call of duty 4 soon:D

CDALEMX301
11-22-2007, 09:29 AM
Ya i am having COD 4 withdrawels right now...I dunno how you aren't pissed they had to replace the system I mean come on it took me a month to get my last one back..

YZ400EX
11-22-2007, 09:55 AM
I had the same issue as you, but my second unit they sent me (not a refurb it was brand new) came broken.. you turn it on and it had 1 flashing red light.. I called them they day it arrived to tell them what the problem with this NEW xbox they sent.. they sent me another return kit and I sent this new one back.. still dont have it back.. took a month for them to send out the replacement unit the first time and going on another month now for the second.. they wouldnt speed up the process either.. they said they wouldnt do anything faster unless I was on the 3rd or 4th replacement.. wtf is that about?? I do have another xbox 360 so it wasnt keeping me from playing, but I thinks its BS that there are so many issues with these things.:mad:

gncc025
11-22-2007, 10:00 AM
i got one close to when they first came out and havent had any problems yet. a few days ago though i unplugged it while it was on and that red ring came up. hasnt done it again. im gonna be pissed if i have to send that thing back even once. when you pay that much for something it should be problem free for a WHILE. my old PS still works and its had coke spilled on it and god knows what else.

and yeah call o duty 4 kicks ***

YZ400EX
11-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by gncc025
a few days ago though i unplugged it while it was on and that red ring came up. hasnt done it again.

Yea for some reason they do that.. I was playing a few times when the power went out and then once it came back on it had the red ring.. just turn it off and back on.. it wont happen again unless of course the power goes out again!!:D BTW this happend on the unit I still have which has never had an issue.. it wasnt on the one I had to send in..

HondaRancherES
11-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Same here...got the red ring. Sent it back and they sent me a new one that was programmed wrong....it would play dvds but no games. I'm on week 2 of waiting after i had to wait one month for it as is!

Mean250r
11-22-2007, 10:43 AM
yeh im on my 2nd xbox. Microsoft customer service sucks but i love the actual xbox! Im usually doin work on Call of duty 4, Forza 2. I have alotta games that i play though. Add me if ya want.

GamerTag- BumbleXclot

Nausty
11-22-2007, 06:14 PM
i just got a friend to give me his after it broke.

THen I used that one to get a brand new free one!

Bought a brand new xbox 360 took out brand new console and swapped w/ broke and took it right back to the store and said it didn't work! Got money back and kept good xbox!

When my own xbox breaks in the sandbox overseas i'll be ready!

pro-rider46
11-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
i just got a friend to give me his after it broke.

THen I used that one to get a brand new free one!

Bought a brand new xbox 360 took out brand new console and swapped w/ broke and took it right back to the store and said it didn't work! Got money back and kept good xbox!

im sorry, but thats just not right, i know microsoft would deserve that, but thats coming out of the stores profit, i dont like crooks, and cant see why some one would do that. im sure people will agree wiht me

pro-rider46
11-22-2007, 06:32 PM
hey just out of curioustity, does the red ring appear on the screen?

Nausty
11-22-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
im sorry, but thats just not right, i know microsoft would deserve that, but thats coming out of the stores profit, i dont like crooks, and cant see why some one would do that. im sure people will agree wiht me

wtf, who the hell are you? I hate crooks as much as the next guy but
**** microsoft for rushing it out and I could give 2 ****s about walmart cuz they are criminal as they come!

I'm taking mine to Afghanistan and when the red light happens i'll be ****ed cuz they definitely don't have walmarts in the sandbox to take it back do they? I'm gonna be ready and i'm not gonna get dicked around for months on end over some bs!
They are obliviously not taken care of their end so i'll take care of it for them...

YZ400EX
11-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
hey just out of curioustity, does the red ring appear on the screen?

The lights around the power button of the xbox that are usually green are the ones that turn red.. it isnt on the screen of the TV.

trxwannbe
11-23-2007, 09:29 AM
i almost flipped out man, i got the red ring last night while i was reading this thread...but i let it sit all night and it seems to be fine this morning

exrider12
11-23-2007, 09:31 AM
my regular xbox had the red ring and all microsoft did was send me a free power cord? that prevented a virus or someting:huh

bcg717
11-23-2007, 03:44 PM
I went through 2 xbox 360's in a month. The third is a refurb and has worked good for about 6 months now.