PDA

View Full Version : has anyone installed

double d 1
11-22-2007, 08:51 AM
from the xtreme website kit# 200993 hp piston, hp cam? and later installed the bigger carb? or put the carb on first and then this kit? any notable differances? what gives more bang for the buck. do you need to do head work when installing the cam. im sure a guy could do porting and the other stuff. dont really want to do the 146cc kit right now. not legal in a 90cc mod class if he does decide to go racing. thanks for youre thoughts and happy turkey day to everyone.

gmen
11-22-2007, 09:09 AM
Rob did the carb,and said it helped.
Gods Girl dad posted that the piston in question with the cam and cdi did better than the 146 kit.
My plans are to do the piston,carb,cdi with the cam
We have a stock engine coming to modify,not to void the warranty on old reliable

JBOYZ
11-23-2007, 09:51 AM
We have done two of the TY-125's with the HP piston & cam - made a huge difference. One typhoon has the race CDI and that also helped tremendously, along with port & polishing....

double d 1
11-23-2007, 10:11 AM
i'll probably go with the carb,cam,piston, and cdi like gmen is doing. like to do a little porting and polishing but dont where to go in oklahoma. guy cooper was hanging out at stillwaterxtreme last week and i talked to him on the phone about a carb. he said [oh i forget the named he uses chinese carb] anyway he said its cheaper and not as finicky. he was building a pitbike for some races in florida. i'll find out and post it.

Ride1Rob
11-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Like Greg said, I installed the VM26 and it was like adding a pipe to the bike. Woke it up all throughout the powerband. Soon I'll also be adding the HP piston and cam.

JBOYZ
11-24-2007, 07:44 AM
As long as you are pulling the motor for the HP piston & cam, I stongly suggest you go ahead and have the head ported & polished..... The racing CDI makes a huge difference also!