PDA

View Full Version : -2 houser swingarm

wvman2001
11-21-2007, 09:39 PM
ok guys just wanted to get some info on a -2 swingarm on a 86 250r ,how will it perform in the woods ? Is this something that I shouldnt use for woods rideing ? any info would be great ..

Thanks

Fordtrax
11-22-2007, 10:27 AM
I dont know if i what i gonna say will help you out or not hrer is what i think.
Ive owned quite a few 250r's and have owned every year at least twice and to me the best hill climbers are the 86/87 models because i could actually speed shift going up steep hills without the worry of getting a wheelie and flipping over.
Where as the 88/89 models i needed to pick a gear i needed to climb the hill and go for it cause if i tried to shift! the front end was definately coming up and with the hills i was climbing that is scary !!lol
I always thought this was due to the 86/87 being heavier in the front end and having a longer steel swing arm(about 2 inches) and shorter stroke motor.

I mean my buddy had a 89 and i had a 86 both bikes pretty much stock and while he could smoke me in a straight away id kill him hill climbing.
We could switch bikes and it would be the same results the 86 still could out perform the 89 on a steep hill.

Now if ive read you right? you bought a -2 inch swing arm.
Im thinking you should be alright in the woods but im curious as to how that swingarm performs on a steep hill for you?

Well i know that didnt help you much did it ?lol

f4istunna
11-25-2007, 09:51 PM
you should be able to get through tight trails alot quicker and easier id say, w/ the shorter swinger, but like mentioned above, its probably gonna take some gettin used to on the hills

mineralgrey01gt
11-25-2007, 10:34 PM
i have a -2 swinger for sale if you are interested, it is a no-link though