PDA

View Full Version : plasma tv help

bulkdriverlp
11-21-2007, 09:04 PM
my parents just bought a 50" hitachi 1080 resolution. i think its blurry as hell. any advise or opinions are appreciated.

TRX450RACER174
11-21-2007, 09:53 PM
If you do not have a HD receiver or HD cable the pic is no better quality than a regular tv, cable is broadbanded in 480 to 720 picture quality, unless you get a HD receiver you will not see any difference.

Giz400ex
11-22-2007, 04:35 AM
Did they just hook the cable wire to it? I'm not sure whats available to you but I have digital cable with the HD converter box. If they just have the reg cable to it, it won't look pretty:(

TRX_450
11-22-2007, 08:28 AM
i work at a select service center for hitachi. If you really think you have a problem take it back. Its not worth your time to get it repaired or try messing with it. I've noticed that lately hitachi has been screwing over customers and not shipping the right parts to the service centers or not shipping them at all. You're better off getting a new TV. Hitcachi is good when they dont have factory defects BTW....i wasnt trying to bash on the TV's themselves, just the customer service

CDALEMX301
11-22-2007, 08:59 AM
Let me guess they bought the clearance model at bestbuy??? 999.99?? I tried to get one for a customer last night but none to be found haha...and HD Cable comes into your house at 1080i and not 720....I haven't actually seen the picture on this tv in store I know that some tv's have a low end processor in them and if you are looking at a non HD single it doesn't look that great...and when you put it on HD it looks ok...did you try messing with any of the settings on the TV? contrast and all that...All TVs come from the factory with what they call a torch setting looks good on show room floor but horrible at home try playing with that a bit as well

bulkdriverlp
11-23-2007, 09:55 PM
what is available in our area is only about 4 HD channels as of now. they are mostly sports channels. the company is CHARTER. so basicly i have an answer to my question, if you dont have hd cable then dont try to watch it on a hd tv. that is what i was looking for, i beleive. thanks for the replys. they bought it at A.B.C. WAREHOUSE. 50" hitachi 1365 out the door. i dont like it at all. i looked at LCD cheap tvs at walmart tonight and they look great.

MOFO
11-24-2007, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
what is available in our area is only about 4 HD channels as of now. they are mostly sports channels. the company is CHARTER. so basicly i have an answer to my question, if you dont have hd cable then dont try to watch it on a hd tv. that is what i was looking for, i beleive. thanks for the replys. they bought it at A.B.C. WAREHOUSE. 50" hitachi 1365 out the door. i dont like it at all. i looked at LCD cheap tvs at walmart tonight and they look great.

The BIGGEST factor that determines your video quality is your input source. If your plasma looks like crap, most likely ANY HDTV will look like crap at your parents house.