PDA

View Full Version : New Houser TRX450R rear end

414tinner
11-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the new Houser rear end for XC (Bithel used it) for the 450R. I know a little about the original Houser Rear end and they could not get it to sit low enough. I was told that the old setup worked great if it sat a little lower. I just wanted to hear some feedback about it before I plunge into it.

Also does anyone have pictures of the new set up. It is not even shown on the website yet.

Over-land 450r
11-21-2007, 06:04 PM
My friend had it. He raced xc and some random mx on it. it was alwas cracking. he had about 3 of them. now he went back to stock. for the money, you can find something alot better.

John Houser
11-22-2007, 07:00 AM
We spent a fair amount of time developing & testing the long travel cross country setup for our for the TRX450R. We worked wth Chris Bithell & Custom Axis to develop this last summer. We modified the rear pull rod. This setup uses a shock that is about 2" longer than stock. It also allows for much more up travel. Custom Axis spent many hours testing with Chris. Chris has used many setups & liked this setup best of all. Although the linkage design allows it to work well, it takes testing from the shock guys & the rider to fine tune it, if you want a pro setup.

I recommend using this setup with the Custom Axis shock. You'll have a setup that works out of the box.