View Full Version : dmc alien exhaust?????

slow96hater
11-21-2007, 11:13 AM
i just got a exhaust off ebay for my bike, and i was thinkin it was a alien set up. i cant find a alien for a 400 anywhere tho????? anyone know if they used to make it, but discontinued it or something? i wanna get a quiet core for it, but its hard tracking one down.
thanks

honda8&3
11-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Ya IDK if DMC canceled it but you can get a quiet core for it. Ask HONDAMASTER5505. He's got one and said he is getting a quiet core for it.;)

Hondamaster5505
11-21-2007, 11:21 AM
hey. Yeah, i have one, thier pretty good pipes, and excellant power.

They are loud though.

Heres a pic.
and also, for a quiet core, i called dmc themselves and they said even though they stopped making em, they can still get a quiet core/sparky for 69.99. Im gonna purchase one myself when i get a chance.

Heres there website, you can get the phone number from there. If you have any more q's about the pipe, let me know.

www.dmc-on-line.com

Hondamaster5505
11-21-2007, 11:23 AM
oh, and yes, they did stop making em 2 years ago, to start making thier afterburner comp pipes.:D

slow96hater
11-21-2007, 11:24 AM
your sound clip of your bike on u tube is the reason i chose my exhaust, just to let you know.

thanks for the help in finding it.

slow96hater
11-21-2007, 11:26 AM
hey hondamaster, do you have problems with the way your clutch cable is routed threw your headers? my cable keeps resting on my driverside header, im thinking of makeing a bracket, did you have the same prob?

Hondamaster5505
11-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by slow96hater
your sound clip of your bike on u tube is the reason i chose my exhaust, just to let you know.

thanks for the help in finding it.

o, lol. Yeah, even though its on the loud side, i really love the thing. Great mid-top and unique sound:cool:

The quiet core almost looks like you could make em yourself.

Its basically 2 smaller holes that get inserted into the end.

Good luck with your pipe. If you have any questions, let me know, cuz i researched this pipe so much before i bought it.

Hondamaster5505
11-21-2007, 11:30 AM
hey hondamaster, do you have problems with the way your clutch cable is routed threw your headers? my cable keeps resting on my driverside header, im thinking of makeing a bracket, did you have the same prob?

yes i did. You have to get it in between the two headers.

Do you know the little ring that holds it in place closer to the motor? you have to bend it down a little bit so it pushes the cable away from the pipe. Ill go take a pic right now. Bive me like 5min or so

slow96hater
11-21-2007, 11:37 AM
so just bending the ring fixxed it for you? my cable is already on the outs anyways, im rode it about 20 minutes ago, and it was like my clutch was slippin, i think the cable is already burnt. it didnt seem to retract all the way, and its pulling in kinda funny.

oh well.

Hondamaster5505
11-21-2007, 11:39 AM
damn it, my cameras dead. Well theres a ring that the cable travels through.

Do you know what im talking about? You just have to bend that ring up so it moves the cable a bit and it doesnt hit the header.

If you still don;t understand what im talking about, let me know

Hondamaster5505
11-21-2007, 11:41 AM
so just bending the ring fixxed it for you? my cable is already on the outs anyways, im rode it about 20 minutes ago, and it was like my clutch was slippin, i think the cable is already burnt. it didnt seem to retract all the way, and its pulling in kinda funny.

oh well.

was there smoke? then it was definitly burning.

But yeah, just bending the ring worked for me.

And how do you like the pipe so far after riding it.

The beauty of it is, it needs minor jetting changes, and i still didnt jet mine yet, cuz it runs pretty good. I will jet eventually though.

slow96hater
11-21-2007, 11:51 AM
id like it alot better if my clutch wasnt slipping. as far as the sound goes, gouldnt be happier, my dads a harley freak, and he heard me start it and came out to say, dam that sounds good. hahaha.
yeah i know the ring, i just bent it a little bit. my cable is deff toast, i can see the metal lineing inside the rubber, right before you see actual cable.
honestly, i think i gotta screw around with my jetting a little bit again. i've got a 406, with a stage1 hotcam, and had it running pretty good with a stock exhaust jetted right around 155, with a 38 pilot, then when i put the exhaust on, i had alot of popping goin on and not wanting to run, so i bumped up to a 40 pilot, and almost all those problems went away, then noticed the clutch problem, and now i cant test it with it running better, because of a lack of a clutch.
heck, the clutch coulda even started slipping at first because of the extra power hahahahaha. when i get it figured out, i'll let you know. before i put the pipe on tho, you couldnt hardly hold the front end down takeing off in second, and 3 gear wheelies wernt a problem, and even smoetimes fourth. im hopeing with the addition to my exhaust now, im hopeing fourth gear is right around the corner.
like i said, i'll let you know.
thanks again for everything, and i'll be getting ahold of dmc shortly.

Hondamaster5505
11-21-2007, 11:56 AM
with your setup it should be way more power, becuase your motor is running all that with a stock exhaust. With mine, it seems fine without jetting, but you could tell it needs a little bump.

Im gonna wait till i get my 11.1 piston and hotcam stg 2 to jet it so i dont have to pull the carb off a second time.

slow96hater
11-22-2007, 10:17 AM
i bought a new cable, and now i got a new bike. holy crap. fourth gear seems to pull really good now. it still doesnt wheelie the way i want it to, but, it does pull very good. my buddie with a ten over banshee is comein over later, and were gonna race a little. i used to be able to hang with him till about the top of second, going into third. now im hopeing to stretch it out a little, and atleast hang till the top of fourth. he seems to think my bike is faster now tho.

thanks again for everything hondamaster.

Hondamaster5505
11-22-2007, 10:47 AM
no problem. I pulled mine off a couple days ago to polish it and paint the heatshield, just installed it again to go riding tomorow. I wish the headpipes were mounted together by a bracket, cuz its kinda annoying how you have to put em on seperately.

If need need anything else, let me know. Did you call DMC yet?