View Full Version : 400ex wont start unless jump solenoid

onesickdohc98
11-21-2007, 11:08 AM
i did my first hariscramble couple weeks ago and it was very muddy but anyways it was running fine untill i stalled it out after my wheeler was completely covered in mud and it will not start unless i take a screw driver to the starter solenoid and it fires up anyone has any idea what could be wrong any suggestions would really help thanks

slow96hater
11-21-2007, 11:15 AM
siloiniod. how ever u spell it.... anyways, you could try tapping it with the but end of a screwdriver while hitting your start button. if a screw driver dont work, work you way up to something the size of a hammer. if that dont work, then you probally should just go buy a new one.

check to make sure your even getting power to the soleinoid first tho. if not, it could be your switch, of wireing, but i doubt wireing.

AtvMxRider
11-21-2007, 11:21 AM
check for a blown fuse.

300exOH
11-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
check for a blown fuse.

I agree. You might have got mud/water in your electrical connections. Check the fuse and clean all electrical connectors and grease them with dielectric grease. The grease might prevent this from happening again.

f150mann
11-21-2007, 02:11 PM
if it isnt a fuse, it could be a bad connection, check em all, if all is good. you need a solenoid