PDA

View Full Version : Parent's Support?

jesseweaver
11-20-2007, 07:40 PM
people that are like 14-18 or so and are just starting to race and stuff, how much do your parents help you out? like anything, gas, repairs, getting to races, parts, quads, anything.

Nick110
11-20-2007, 07:48 PM
My mom supports me by signing the papers to let me race, and my dad wants to sell everything quad related that i have.

ricksmx865
11-20-2007, 08:09 PM
before i turned 18 and was able to sign my own papers my parents didnt want anything to do with racing... or me riding really..... sucked but i made it thru my uncle signed for me ;)

mx1791
11-20-2007, 08:13 PM
my parents paid for the quad, sign the papers to let me get signed in at the track by other people, and pay for gas and repairs (but complain about it forever), but never really come to watch me race. my dad says once our house is finished in spring he'll come to watch more and i hope so. as for parts my parents help alot, they paid for the suspension stuff. i paid for everything else though

my parents are supportive but i'd be happier racing a stock quad paying for my own gas, and having my parents at all my races.

Nick110
11-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by mx1791
my parents paid for the quad, sign the papers to let me get signed in at the track by other people, and pay for gas and repairs (but complain about it forever), but never really come to watch me race. my dad says once our house is finished in spring he'll come to watch more and i hope so. as for parts my parents help alot, they paid for the suspension stuff. i payed for everything else though

my parents are supportive but i'd be happier racing a stock quad paying for my own gas, and having my parents at all my races.

Ya my mom is at most of my races to cheer me on, my dad on the other hand has never even seen me ride.

Crazy lil punk
11-20-2007, 08:22 PM
payed for current quad, mom or dad drives me to the track I Pay for all aftermarket parts, depending on the repair, I usally pay for it, unless it has something to do with safty, etc. Depends on how much gas I have in my 5-gallon jug if I pay for gas or not. BTW- I am 16

jesseweaver
11-20-2007, 08:22 PM
yea, getting the papers signed isnt a problem for me, its just my parents want nothing to do with the sport, not because its dangerous, but because it costs too much. they did drive me like 45 mins to pick up my EX, but other than that, nothing. its way too much to pay for, being almost 16, needing a car and stuff. i work full time over the summer, but dont make a whole lot over the winter.

as sad as it is, ive been starting to look at bikes. i know a 250f would be a lot cheaper in the long run, and easier to race (more tracks and stuff), but i enjoy riding quads so much more. its really hard to decide.

Aceman
11-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
Ya my mom is at most of my races to cheer me on, my dad on the other hand has never even seen me ride.

How disappointing that must be.:(

I for one can hardly wait until my daughter is old enough to start playing sports, riding, etc. I can't wait to cheer her on! She's only 3 now, so I have a little while.:p

JRP
11-20-2007, 08:39 PM
parents sign the papers, come watch me race, i pay for the gas/entry fees/ and some of the repairs. The big repairs my parents pay for since they want me to get back out there asap. My dad is real supportive, but my mom dosent liek to watch that much since she has seen a few of my friends get airlifted out and saw me break/seperate my shoulder and be put on a backboard and in the ambulance, haha.

mx1791
11-20-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
yea, getting the papers signed isnt a problem for me, its just my parents want nothing to do with the sport, not because its dangerous, but because it costs too much. they did drive me like 45 mins to pick up my EX, but other than that, nothing. its way too much to pay for, being almost 16, needing a car and stuff. i work full time over the summer, but dont make a whole lot over the winter.

as sad as it is, ive been starting to look at bikes. i know a 250f would be a lot cheaper in the long run, and easier to race (more tracks and stuff), but i enjoy riding quads so much more. its really hard to decide.
have you tried taking your parents to a race? maybe if they watch you they will get into it..

when i started my parents wanted NOTHING to do with racing. nor paying for races, parts or anything. but after comeing to my first couple races they started helping me more..

DJJ450r
11-20-2007, 09:08 PM
My parents are super supportive of my racing. They don't go much because of work and my mom hates that I race because I've gotten hurt a lot but she still supports me. They bought my 05 450r when I was 14 and almost everything on it. And for next year they bought me a 2008 ford f-250 powerstroke to take to the nationals, and they're getting ready to buy Duane Johnson's 07 450r so I have a new race bike and my 05 will be my practice.

My friends parents have been really supportive as well. They take me to all the races and pay for the gas, food, and anything else I may need.

BTW I'm 16 and will be racing A or Pro-am next year at the GNCC's

suzukigirl
11-20-2007, 11:53 PM
my parents are really supportive, i race my dad's quad, but pay for the parts i want, my parents pay my regular race fees but i pay for any extra races i go to....my dad is just as interested in this sport as i am, so its all good...and both my parents come to watch my races, excpet my mom has her eyes shut most of the time so she doesn't actually see much of my race

Ruby Soho
11-21-2007, 08:09 AM
i havent quite started racing, only gone to lots of open practices. my mom supports me, but shes not into it much, on the other hand my dad gets really into it sometimes about modifying the quad and such to do better on the track. i pay for pretty much everything aftermarket and repairs my parents usually meet the price half way if its expensive

trx400EXtreme
11-21-2007, 09:21 AM
i dont race yet, but plan to when i start driving next year. my mom gets scared watching me ride, but is still ok with it. my dad, he bought my quad, a couple of the aftermarket parts, and i bought the rest. i pay for most the gas i use also. im pretty sure my dad will be at all the races, he really gets into into any kind of racing. plus he used to ride when he was a kid, so he still likes the sport.

282ex
11-21-2007, 09:28 AM
my parents werent very supportive at first...but then after the first race they saw...they were hooked and how they go to every single race...it only took 3 years to get them hooked on it.
My brother and i pay for everything as far as parts and gas for the quads go...and then we split the cost of food and gas for the RV down the middle. We borrow the RV from our parents, but now that they have started to come we let them pay for food...

Its odd though...my dad never liked quads, and then the first race he went to he was walking around talking to all the pros about their quads and stuff.

11-21-2007, 09:35 AM
My parents pay for the race fee's and major parts. I sometimes pay for the fee's and little parts. But when I need a crank by the end of the week my dad's got that. But I pay for everything else, elkas, a arms, tires and such. I don't really pay for gas anymore seeing as its $7.50 a gallon for 100 octane. :o

JRP
11-21-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
My parents pay for the race fee's and major parts. I sometimes pay for the fee's and little parts. But when I need a crank by the end of the week my dad's got that. But I pay for everything else, elkas, a arms, tires and such. I don't really pay for gas anymore seeing as its $7.50 a gallon for 100 octane. :o

damn 7.50, jesus. I run 110 and its only 6.25

11-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by JRP

whaat.. what kind?

416exfreak
11-21-2007, 11:29 AM
My dad traded one of his old shee's for my my 400. It was a broke *** 416 then. After a few summers of work, its in its current state.

My mom refuses to watch me ride, but my dad is really into it. He takes meto races, signs the papers, help with the gas (113 is 7.99 a gal.) and gets me out of the hospital when i wind up there.:devil:

I love having supportive parents. I miss racing bikes though. After many broken bones, we all decided that a bike wasnt the best idea. My old 250f loved to break collar bones and knuckles.:ermm:

DJJ450r
11-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by JRP

I pay 5.95 for 110 at a local gas station:blah:

rollie
11-21-2007, 01:02 PM
my dad loves the races and backs me 100%, my mom supports me too but can't make it to as many races, she comes to every one she can, since they split up she doesnt come as much. my dad pays for the gas, entry free and food, and i pay for my quad

quad2xtreme
11-21-2007, 01:16 PM
I just called my mom. She isn't going to pay for any of my stuff. :grr: Sucks being 43. ;)

quad2xtreme
11-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Seriously, I don't know each person's story but give your parents a break if you are into everything. They gotta have a life too! Maybe give up a few things if they agree to help with the quad racing. Maybe that means no more soccer, guitar lessons, Boy Scouts, football, baseball, swimming, golf, concerts...

BlaineKaiser450
11-21-2007, 06:22 PM
my parents are pretty suportive. they pay for quads and nessesary things (like mantinence and that stuff) but i pay for everything else

mx1791
11-21-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
I just called my mom. She isn't going to pay for any of my stuff. :grr: Sucks being 43. ;)
ahahahah

JRP
11-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
whaat.. what kind?

cam 2

tar
11-21-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't race yet but I want to start in the spring. I hope I get a lot of support, right now I pay for everything on my quad and almost all my gas. My mom is a nurse so she is pairinode (sp?) but my dad enjoys it.

Sjorge450R
11-22-2007, 06:07 AM
I am almost 18 and i am starting on my 4th year racing this year. I probaly wont finish the season, just due to going to college. As for support

My mom supports me 100% and she wants me to race more races than I can..lol She also helps me with the quadpayments sometimes and she sometimes splits the cost on expensive parts.

My dad. Wants me to teh sell the quad.... I cant even ask him for help when I need 3 hands for something. Although he does take me to the races, he complains about it a lot.

Not much that I can do, since they are both helping me because i know that without them, i wouldnt be racing.

CDCHONDAS
11-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by mx1791

thats the best line in this whole thread, and true across many sports and activities. you want them there because they are your parent not because they buy you stuff, kinda refreshing to see people with that outlook.

IOWAracer
11-22-2007, 11:20 PM
My mom Supports me as much as her income allows...this year will be my frist in the National sereis running somewhere around 10 to 12 of the gncc in College A im actually in the process of picking up a new 08 yfz i have a n 04 and im gonna put my after market stuff on the 08 and run it....my dad built my motor for last season and helps with gas but he dosent really understand why i do it.......:huh I told him to race my other quad one time next year and you will still havent got a responce lol

BB

Alex68
11-23-2007, 12:07 PM
I am extremly lucky to have the support i do. Between my dad and sponsors, with out them I wouldnt be doing this.

440racer66
11-23-2007, 06:07 PM
my parents buy everything for me they bought a rv to take me to nats and htey pay for my gate fees gas i help as much as i can i dump all the cash i make workin into it . but they are my factory ride. they go to every race and they are allways cheering me on whan im doin good but when im suckin it up they tell me to quit bein a puss about it so yea im a spoiled kid what can i say they love me i love them and there isnt anything that they wouldnt do to help me or vice versa.

skatrdude20
11-24-2007, 04:58 PM
My parents dont pay for ****. I built my own bike, take myself to the track, pay for everything, and usually jus sign in and nobody asks me for a parents signature, or I`ll have my boss sign me in, he usually comes to watch. But my parents dont take motocross seriously, so they dont come.

trx400exxracer
11-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
I pay 5.95 for 110 at a local gas station:blah:

I get 110 by 55 gallon drum!

F

R

E

E