PDA

View Full Version : My own exhaust design (wish i could build it and pat. it)

Hondamaster5505
11-20-2007, 07:34 PM
i thought it up, tell me what you think. I was bored and started screwing around.

Big - D Racing
11-20-2007, 10:57 PM
not sure if that would truly work, I think the canister would have to be a little bigger so you can get an equal amount of packing around the core. You have real thin spot between the core and the canister where it goes into 2 chambers, would cause all your packing to probably burn up and be even louder. Think you need an enginner to help you. But me personally I will stick with a full blown race system I want the max amount of power.

bwamos
11-21-2007, 05:43 AM
I always thought about creating a system w/ a (waterproof) microhone pickup and a piezo to transmit opposite phase sound output to reduce the more intense sounds. Noise reduction w/o affecting exhaust flow at all. ;)

Hondamaster5505
11-21-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Big - D Racing
not sure if that would truly work, I think the canister would have to be a little bigger so you can get an equal amount of packing around the core. You have real thin spot between the core and the canister where it goes into 2 chambers, would cause all your packing to probably burn up and be even louder. Think you need an enginner to help you. But me personally I will stick with a full blown race system I want the max amount of power.

Well of course, this is just a rough sketch/idea. I might try to make a more detailed one