PDA

View Full Version : How to grow the balls?

bloodmoney23
11-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Alright, i want nothing more in life than to be in x-games or such. But i have yet to ever hit a ramp. Ive done nac-nacs and silly stuff like that in backyard jumps and stuff. But as much as i want it i cant get the balls to hit the ramp. Plus maybe cause i only seen 2 ramps and zero jumps in real life off a ramp. Plus i know zero people here in ohio with foam pits.....I dont want my first ramp jump freestyle into the back of landing or something. Anyway, just trying to get some conversation going and seeing how everyone else started.

ohsobad_chevy
11-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Eat all your wedgtables. :blah:

bloodmoney23
11-21-2007, 10:19 AM
lol.....do i have to adjust the flux capacitor on my bike at all? Anyway, anyone know anyone in the youngstown/cleveland/akron/canton/pittsburgh area with a ramp?

ohsobad_chevy
11-22-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
lol.....do i have to adjust the flux capacitor on my bike at all?

Yup, it should be 15.76 degrees up at all times.........oh yeah, and top er' off with blinker fluid prior to each ride. Good luck!!!!

bloodmoney23
11-22-2007, 10:05 AM
blinker fluid.....your in the military aint you?

skatrdude20
11-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Hey Blood, My names Kyle

I live in Navarre, OH its right out of Massillon, Im sure you know Massillon. Anways Im building a 440 right now and as soon as its done, Im buying a ramp off of my brothers friend. He first built it for bikes, then had it widened to ride quads, Iv hit it before on other bikes, and its nice. Also I live on 15 acres and I`m rebuilding my track in the spring with our new Bobcat, so we have plenty of places to ride. Also there are TONS of trails and gravel pits up and down my street.

bluebaron
11-28-2007, 12:40 AM
Just put the ramp very close to the landing, and start working your way back.

bloodmoney23
11-28-2007, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by skatrdude20
Hey Blood, My names Kyle

I live in Navarre, OH its right out of Massillon, Im sure you know Massillon. Anways Im building a 440 right now and as soon as its done, Im buying a ramp off of my brothers friend. He first built it for bikes, then had it widened to ride quads, Iv hit it before on other bikes, and its nice. Also I live on 15 acres and I`m rebuilding my track in the spring with our new Bobcat, so we have plenty of places to ride. Also there are TONS of trails and gravel pits up and down my street.

yeah i know where massilon is.....not too far. I'll def try to keep in touch with ya and head down there some time to see what its like. But like you are doing your 440......im in the process of basically making my 450R brand new. I think the only thing not new will be the frame. LOL. Anyway, shoot me a PM with your name and number and ill hit you up man.....if all else fails I can putt around on my wifes 250 with yall.

JR_Hinds
12-05-2007, 12:05 PM
i live in akron oh

but to get fully into it u have to have connections'

im down at caleb moores house right now gettin into the pit for the flip

try to get some ramp dimensions and build one then from there on out its up to you on how far you want to push it

DVS_Freestyler
12-06-2007, 05:28 PM
join our forums on our site, www.akraix.com

we have a lot of kids gettin into freestyle, and all our pro's are always on giving advice and tips where to start.

Derek Guetter
www.akraix.com

f4istunna
12-09-2007, 02:12 PM
hey man im not far from poland at all up near brookfield/hubbard. My buddy has some ramps in ytown but no foam pit.

Im going to setup one of my bikes for jumping. Maybe we can get into some stuff. Im in the same boat as you ive done the basic little stuff, on small jumps, track dbls and tables etc. Im looking to take it to the next level this summer.

bloodmoney23
12-09-2007, 07:21 PM
yeah ill def join them forums bro, and f4, well have to get together some day. I just got a ltz400 as well so i have something to ride while the 450 is down for rebuild. Since it is middle of winter we could just hit some trails or something or my buddy has a mx track in his backyard. Any good riding up there? I normally keep mine to hillsville pa and stuff. anyway get back with me.

f4istunna
12-09-2007, 07:48 PM
ive been wanting to do hillsville. never been there :eek2: lol.

Ya my yfz is down now too complete rebuild im riding my xc bike 700 raptor.

Ya we'll have to do some riding i wanna get back to girard/niles in the next month or so if we get a nice day in there. Seems like when its warm enough lately its raining and so sloppy you cant even have fun.

bloodmoney23
12-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Hillsville is fun if ya never been there but kinda sucks now cause cops watch it. (the past generations ruined that for us) But yeah there is a trail from my buddies house out to hillsville so we wont get a ticket parking there. Im up to going whenever your up for it. We are actually going riding at my buddies today. I want to see what this z400 can do. It already feels like a puss compared to the 450. Anyway, my number is 330-272-6618 and my names adam. So u ever feel like hillsville just hit me up and ill take you up there.

f4istunna
12-10-2007, 01:45 PM
alright man sounds good im still waitin for a few parts to come in, supposed to be here thurs. so maybe if its decent this weekend or next

bloodmoney23
12-10-2007, 03:28 PM
well this weekend is hunting so.....maybe not to great to go this weekend.

RATPACK Z400
01-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Best bet go ride a mx track and practice on the tabletops thats how I got good at jumping I now can clear 50-60ft tables it take time though, one thing that helped me was to visually go though jump in my head think how you takeoff to how your going to land and do it and one good thing before launching off jump is to compress shocks as you take off keeps quad level in air, good luck!