PDA

View Full Version : how to connect to xbox live

400exridin121
11-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Im getting an xbox 360 elite for christmas, How do you hook it up to the internet? I have a cable modem on my computer now. Can you just use two wireless router? My room is on the other side of the house so cables wouldnt work very well unless they went outside.

Thanks

LeGaCyGiAnT124
11-20-2007, 05:31 PM
your best bet is to just run it straight from your modem, it will be the best connection for your setup so you dont get mad when playing on xbox live :P

11-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Before a routher i disconnected the wire on the modem going to the computer and plugged in the one that ran to the xbox then i got a router I had a wire running from my router and then i got the wireless network adapter which is 100 bucks becuase i moved the xbox to my room but it works great and goes through the floor adn the other side of teh house nice. Xbox live is awsome so let me know once you get it and I will play with you. If you need anymore help let me know because ive been there and done that so. Also when your making your gamertag for live make sure you already have a hotmail email adress and know the password becusae it makes it a whole lot easier.

Mean250r
11-20-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by LeGaCyGiAnT124
your best bet is to just run it straight from your modem, it will be the best connection for your setup so you dont get mad when playing on xbox live :P

Ehh obviously direct connection would be ur best bet, depending on your wireless connection would be if you could run the wireless router or not,

I have Verizon Online DSL with the 360 wireless router, no problems what so ever.

mole97
11-20-2007, 11:09 PM
:confused: I just moved onto the country and live where I can only have dial-up..No dsl is available...getting an x-box for my kids for x-mas and someone told me you can't play online with dial up ? Is this true? sure would suk ....

NeverLiftRacing
11-20-2007, 11:23 PM
as far as i know you cannot play online with dial up service. but im not saying its impossible. it may be, but i would think the connection would be too slow and be bad for online play.

mole97
11-21-2007, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by NeverLiftRacing
as far as i know you cannot play online with dial up service. but im not saying its impossible. it may be, but i would think the connection would be too slow and be bad for online play. Yeah, I heard something like that..even if it was possible it'd probably take a week to load..O h well, thanks..Only good thing about it is I think I'm good at something and than reality hits when you play online..:D

400exridin121
11-21-2007, 09:29 AM
alright i guess ill check ebay for stuff if not then ill use cables. Ill try and add you when i get it.

NeverLiftRacing
11-21-2007, 09:55 AM
i used a 100ft cable i made to run from my room downstairs to the computer rooom upstairs when i lived with my parents and it worked fine. lol