PDA

View Full Version : new hampshire riders

blasterrider123
11-19-2007, 09:44 PM
hey is there any decent trail systems or sand pits that are decent to ride in that are legal in nh theres like nothing really around were i am at but that doesnt mean i wont drive a little ways for some nice riding let me know please

commandman10
11-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Not too much legal riding our way, I am in Central MA and out in Lunenberg and Upton there are tons of pits and trails if you know somebody that knows them. I ride at some pits and trails in Marlboro and Hudson MA that are good too. Good riding on the cape too right over the Bourne Bridge. I have no means of movign my quad right now so I am limited to whats near my house in Marlboro. None of them are legal but I havent had any trouble riding any of these.

DANVAN
11-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Where is Northwood, Im in Merrimack, south east NH.

commandman10
11-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Northwood? I am in Marlborough which is about 1hour 15 minutes from Merrimack.

DANVAN
11-28-2007, 04:30 PM
I was asking Blasterrider, since he was the one who started the thread and asked about trails.

commandman10
11-28-2007, 05:38 PM
my bad. I thought there were still a bunch of legal places in NH?

RidinRed420
11-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Not quite sure where Northwood is but,

Hopkinton Everett in Hopkinton, NH... Its legal as long as you are registered, its ok, pretty busy on weekends though.

Rockingham in Freemont, NH. Again you have to be registered. Its pretty boring though.. about 18 miles of straight railroad bed, it used to be all whoops, but I'm pretty sure its flat now. There is a sand pit but it is off limits, they have cops out there on ATVs alot of times too and they will write out tickets for going in the sand pit, as well as speeding.

Pisgah in Winchester, NH... Need to be registered. Never been there, heard its pretty nice though.

Bear Brook State Park is opens to ATV's when it opens for snowmobiles. ONLY when there is 6+ inches of snow on the trails and of course you need to be registered.

There are more trails, but I've never been and never heard anything about them from anyone I trust. I think the best way to find trails though is to join a club.

DANVAN
11-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Ridinred has named a few, Pisgah is nice, but real easy, good for families and kids.
My newest favorite place is Henniker, its privatly owned land but open to all riders, u need reg and there are cops in there in trucks that will ck reg. Its on rt 202.
Rockingham, like she said is boring, even for kids.
Theres also sandpits in hooksett right off of 93,near the park and ride, not sure about legality, I was there once with another forum rider from here, it was nice.

blasterrider123
11-29-2007, 10:53 AM
yea i went up to hopkington everett about a week ago and liked it up there it was nice and northwood is about an hour from merrimack and about 30 mins from concord and there is nothin to ride out here except a few lakes in the winter time really lol

DANVAN
11-29-2007, 06:34 PM
I would think there are trails all over up there, your north of concord I assume?
Go to Bear Brook state park sunday morning, there is a toys for tots event going on, put on by NHATV, there is info on their wbsite.
If u liked HE, u will like Henniker, I can try to let u know next time we are headed that way, technicle trails there, real tough, just the way we like them.

blasterrider123
11-29-2007, 09:05 PM
yea nah im east of concord i believe lol im over by epsom and deerfield

DANVAN
11-30-2007, 06:03 AM
Yep, just looked it up on the map, let me know if your interested in a ride at Bear Brook on sunday, bring a toy.

hungus07trx400
11-30-2007, 06:49 AM
Where is the place in henniker? I might be going up to my house in Newport this weekend.

DANVAN
11-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Take 89 to route 202, then turn right at a mobil gas station(possibly rt 9??) , and its up about 2 miles on the left, long dirt road, after u turn onto the dirt rd, the road turns sharp lright then sharp left, parking area is a short distance up on left. There r trails all over in there, just make sure your registered.

Im going by memory with these directions, so I may be wrong, if u get lost and want to call me my cell is 603-440-8644, I'll try to help.

Have a good ride.

hungus07trx400
11-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it

RidinRed420
12-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by DANVAN
Yep, just looked it up on the map, let me know if your interested in a ride at Bear Brook on sunday, bring a toy.

Hey did you go to the ride today?? If you did how was it?? I really wanted to go and I was really looking forward to it. I went out yesterday and bought a few toys, but my alarm never went off this morning, and by the time I woke up I never would have made it there by 11. :( Oh well.

DANVAN
12-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Yes, I went, it was a good ride, a lot of people, many different group rides went out. My group had a good ride, maybe 15-20 of us, started out riding a little slow, by the end we were cranking along.
They collected a lot of toys, a van was full when it left. They had hot soup, hot cocco, coffee,donutes, danish, good people to talk with in the parking lot, Santa was there.
No complaints, it was a good ride, I would do it again next year.
We did the long 22 mile loop, all easy trails, mostly wide, very little single track.
After the ride we went over to the sand pits in Hooksett and killed another hour of riding, good day.

blasterrider123
12-02-2007, 11:01 PM
if i had rememberd the ride was today i would have went but i fogot until like 1 in the afternoon lol but its all good i still took the wheeler out for a little bit up by my uncles house. really wish i could have made it o well now its time to sit and wait for the snow so i can make some jumps and **** lol