PDA

View Full Version : E-series, E2, XCR

03trx400
11-19-2007, 08:59 PM
I'm planning on getting a slip-on for my 400 within the next few months, I've heard alot of people suggest the E-series, but also heard about it falling apart. The E2 and XCR are also pipes I've been looking at, but don't seem to have too much feedback, is there anyone with expierience with all of these pipes? I think they're all rated at 96db, which is what I'd like to stay at. I want the best gains from the pipe but don't want it to be obnoxiously loud like alot of the pipes out there.

Thanks, Matt

drew416ex
11-19-2007, 09:36 PM
The only one out of those ive had is the e-series. It seemed to give noticable gains and it wasnt that loud either. I also never had a problem with it falling apart.

11-19-2007, 10:11 PM
why are you limited to the white brothers? the HMF SLIP ON gave more power gains than the E-Series FULL SYSTEM!!!

CarGuy7a
11-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
why are you limited to the white brothers? the HMF SLIP ON gave more power gains than the E-Series FULL SYSTEM!!!

this is true. for price and power gains if i were to get another slip on system the HMF would be my choice. they also sound better IMO.

but with that said. i'm running the E2 slip on and i haven't had any complaints. mine came with the spark arrestor quiet core installed (96db) and it came with a competition end tip bumping the db's to 102 i believe. i rode it for a while with the quiet core in just to get the feel then i installed the comp tip. WOW what a difference it made. soo much more power than with the quiet core.

the only thing is... the square elipse design makes it tricky to repack.

03trx400
11-20-2007, 05:13 PM
i would be buying the HMF, but it's too loud. even with the quiet core im pretty sure its louder than 96db. im not limited to the WB pipes, its just ive heard good things about the E-series..and the E2 and XCR are newer WB pipes. i just want a high quality slipon that isnt going to piss people off.

XXXRACER165
11-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Get the XCR. Good power gains, less noise and it's easier to repack than the others. + It's cheap but great quality.

jesseweaver
11-20-2007, 05:36 PM
i have the full e series, ive had it since i got the quad, so i never got to realize how much power it gains, but it sounds great. ive never had any trouble with it falling apart or anything. does anyone else on here have a kinda big dent near the end kind of at the bottom of the pipe on the e series? theres one on mine, and i saw another one with a dent in the exact same place. theres nothing for it to hit really if it would bottom out. im starting to think its there for a reason??

XXXRACER165
11-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Yes mine has the same thing, it's for clearing the brake caliper.

jesseweaver
11-20-2007, 05:49 PM
ok thanks

shadowwalker
11-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by 03trx400
i would be buying the HMF, but it's too loud. even with the quiet core im pretty sure its louder than 96db.

This is a true statement. I got the Ballance Pro Full system. The only difference between that and the regular HMF exhaust is the end cap looks better and it comes with the torque range modifier. I thought the torque range modifier was the quiet core (who reads instructions/manuals?). and I thought it was loud. Then I was like ok lets try the quiet core. Oh man was I surprised when it was louder. Then I realized that I had the two mixed up.:D

03trx400
11-21-2007, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by XXXRACER165
Get the XCR. Good power gains, less noise and it's easier to repack than the others. + It's cheap but great quality.

the XCR is very appealing...its cheaper and looks real nice...does anyone else have expierience with these? the only thing i worry about with the WB pipes is ive heard of some of them falling apart..

XXXRACER165
11-21-2007, 11:29 AM
I did have an E2 on my other 416EX and held up great! I do some heavy jumping and it stayed together no cracks or loosening. So I give WB pipes a big thumbs up.

XXXRACER165
11-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider

So what your saying is that I should dump my full E series for a HMF slip on and I'll get more power?

CarGuy7a
11-21-2007, 07:56 PM
the E2 isn't really abnoxiously loud with the quiet core removed. i haven't had any complaints from the neighbors and they are about 2 acres on either side of me.

but of course i don't go riding at 3 in the morning either.

the one good thing about the E2 is if you want to run the spark arrestor then switch to the comp tip when you go to a riding park that isn't real strict on sound, it's only one screw to take out and your done. i think the XCR is the same way. it's a very quick removal and installation maybe a minute or two.

03trx400
11-27-2007, 04:47 PM
alright thanks everyone:)...so the E2 is a good bet...and the XCR probably also is even though not as many people seem to know much about it?..If theres anyone else who's got expierience with it please let me know :P

smorris1
11-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Go with the E2!!! It is one of the best sounding pipes I have ever heard with the 102 DB race insert.

11-27-2007, 08:17 PM
when i had an e-series i loved the sound because it was unique. decent power, the best thing i liked about it is that the e-series gives you more RPM's somehow and it was nice in the trails being able to have good power without having to shift and bog. still HMF is better

Pipeless416
11-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by XXXRACER165
So what your saying is that I should dump my full E series for a HMF slip on and I'll get more power?

you may not have as high of a peak number, but peak doesnt mean much anyway. id be willing to bed that you would gain more low end with the hmf s/o.

glamiskid395
11-27-2007, 10:02 PM
ive had an e-series since i got my 03 400 in 2002, and when i got an 04 400 in 2005 i put it on that one too. its a great pipe.
my buddys who both have 400s 02 and 03 have the e-series also and they love them.
ive only had one problem with mine, a weld cracked about 2 months ago, so i got that welded.