PDA

View Full Version : 12HR Scoring???

jakitymo
11-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Well, I read the article about the 12 hour and it was great, all the way to the knock on the scoring. I am the guy that was responsible for scoring and I can assure you, as I have everywhere alse that the results are accurate. I scored the race three different ways and the results were the same. Yes, I did miss one of West racings laps in one of the systems, but not the other two. When the final results were posted, the lap was in place as it should have been. If there was a lap that was missed the time for the lap on either side would have been doubled. So far, everyone who discussed their results with me, has understood them when we were done. I will use the quadbuilder guys for example. Look at their results. They had a problem on the front half and it shows with one long lap. They hammered out great laps afterwards until the break which is the second long lap. Then in the back half they had another issue and it is reflected in the third long lap time. All of the rest of their laps are regular times within a minute or two.

I only say this because I am sick and tired of people bashing the scoring system and saying it did not work. It is basic math and I challenge you to this. Take any teams times and add them up. The number one team came in at 13.46 hours. Add your lap times up and see where you fall. Be sure to look at the clock time. If you finished your last lap after the checkered came out then your lap times will add up to more than 13.46. If it adds up to less, then you either did not take the checkered or you can't add. To make it easy, add up the minutes first. Then add up all of the seconds and divide by 60. Add that result to the total of the minutes and again divide by 60. This will give you the hours. Becasue the clock does not stop for the break and it was an hour and a half, you will be at 13.5 hours or greater if you took the checkered. Yes Chris and Chris and Natalie are at 13.46 so maybe the flag came out a minute or two early.

Now for the conspiracies. I did not eliminate a lap and disperse the minutes over the surrounding laps. None of these results changed with the exception of one of West racings laps that was missed and one of ELS racings laps that was counted twice. It did not change any positions at the track. Only two positions in the overall. Why would I try to change it all up when I got home. I am sure someone will have the answer to this just as I am sure I was trying to screw someone out of something:ermm: :ermm:

I volunteered to score this race to help out the riders. I thought the riders would enjoy seeing where they are while they are on the track. Everyone had accurate info while on the track accept West because they did have one missing lap. It did not change where they actually where even though they did not agree, sorry. I had a blast racing these guys at the endurocross and I would not take anything away from anyone. I did not know everyone wanted an external monitor, sorry. I did build a place that spectators could stand and see the monitor from but apparently that was not good enough.

Again, I challenge you to add it up and see if the computer can't add. it is the one that did the calculations. For those of you who believe in conspiracies, don't come to Oklahoma cause I guess I am gonna screw you over. That is news to me and my club.

To the guy that wrote the cover story, I truly think you should check your facts before you slam the scoring. I welcome any one to double check the results. It is again, basic math.

I am sorry for the hostility in this post, I have had to defend myself on every board out there. If you think I missed one of your laps, add up your count and see if it was possible. If you are slamming the scoring because it is associated with someone else you are out of line. This was mine and it was developed by a guy in Tennesse that built this system and it is in use all over the country. Wait that must be it, it must be him that is at the root of the conspiracy:D :D

I will be happy to discuss this with anyone as long as it is done tactfully. I have not called anyone out nor will I. I have not pointed fingers nor will I. I simply asked for a rebuttle on a statement that has no merit in that the math is there to support the accuracy of the results.

Thank you for reading all of my long winded post.