PDA

View Full Version : Is the new drr swingarm available yet?

wvspeedfreak
11-19-2007, 05:16 PM
When can we expect the redesigned swingarm for the drr?I haven't heard anything about it lately.

mxdad423
11-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Hey Jason, did you ever check with Dave about a swingarm, I had one of Dave's rond housing swingarms on both Brandon's 70 and 90 and they are great, never broke one and man is it easy to adjust the chain.

wvspeedfreak
11-19-2007, 07:59 PM
Kevin,I am running Dave's swingarm on Austins new drr.I am putting his old drr back together(frame broke) and didn't want to use the original swingarm because it is one of the ones that is weak.We are just leaving this one basically stock just for a backup quad.

The DC one on his main quad is not the roundhouse one but it is nice!

bulldogfallon
11-19-2007, 08:06 PM
A few have trickled in....All seem to be holding up as hoped

wvspeedfreak
11-19-2007, 08:27 PM
How soon would one be able to trickle to my house :p Keep us posted Gary.

humboldt hills
11-20-2007, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
A few have trickled in....All seem to be holding up as hoped

how are fitting?
any problems bolting on?

cheatermtrsprts
11-21-2007, 12:43 PM
There are no bolt on or fitting issues. To put it plainly, this is the fix for the round tube swingarm. We have had one in use for a couple months now, with no problems whatsoever. The kid that rides it can tear up anything. (even weird things that wouldn't normally break!!)

tireman43
11-21-2007, 03:14 PM
So then what is the verdict on availablity?? For those of us who have been waiting for several months.

bulldogfallon
11-21-2007, 03:17 PM
We are on the edge of our seats too....

Put it this way.....All of us (me and my dealer's sons) are all still riding the old style swingarm too.

As soon as I can get them I will let you all know....

Hopefully soon ....

tireman43
12-17-2007, 09:08 PM
:confused: ?????????????????????????

forgiven
12-17-2007, 09:11 PM
you mean these...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/blindbartimaeus/P1030624.jpg?t=1197951056

tireman43
12-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Yep. Now wondering where mine is?

tireman43
01-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Any news yet?? I'm reading that more and more people seem to have these. Is there a waiting list and I'm on the bottom?:D

Andyman17dad
01-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Well, your not alone at the bottom!!

tireman43
01-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Andyman17dad
Well, your not alone at the bottom!!

Thanks. It gets lonely sometimes down here.:D

bulldogfallon
01-03-2008, 12:15 PM
I'll try to get an update next week

DRR has been closed for over a week

Don't give up yet

neveready
01-05-2008, 05:45 PM
We pretzeled our stock round tube today in two motos. The first two on the bike!!! Supposably mine will be warranted out with the new design. Mine is an 08 that we bought the 10th of Dec. it should have had the new one. We'll see how this turns out?

tireman43
01-05-2008, 06:06 PM
I understand your frustration, as I'm frustrated also, but they will take care of the problem. It is just a little slow for this particular item. DRR has the BEST customer service available!

dericsdad
01-05-2008, 09:21 PM
0 Are all of the stock swing arms that bend/break still using the stock rear shocks??? It Might make a difference! Most other mini's stock rear swing arms are not good for racing either. If you don't want to wait, and don't want to spend the big money for one from D.C. then check out the Metrikit one from Cycle imports. We put one on our Predator 90 last spring and love it. It is very strong as it comes, extended for longer travel, and has 3 different shock mounts already on it so you can use different leangth shocks, or adjust the ride height.

Dan

tireman43
01-05-2008, 10:11 PM
We're running Elkas.

forgiven
01-05-2008, 10:20 PM
I looked at the site and didn't see any swingers.

dericsdad
01-06-2008, 10:28 AM
www.cycleimports.com and go to "atv performance parts", "mini atv's racing parts" and then "frame parts". He is also the importer for all the Metrikit 70cc cylinders/pipes you are all running I'm told. The website prices have not been updated for a long time though, I paid about $230.00 for our swinger a year ago.

01-08-2008, 06:33 PM
So how long have people been wating for their "improved swingarms ? has any one been hurt on the faulty swing arms? If not will it take a injury to receive one of the new parts perhaps. but if a new unit is sold it comes with the improved swing arm? seems to be available to sell the new ones, but not available for previously sold units?? Or who is geting the new ones has they trickle out? cant belive this with such great support they give there product. (or as I have been told) mabey the week they were closed they were hard at work building some safe swingers for the children of there customers.:rolleyes: if they cant supply there customers with the parts needed to make the atv safe they should reimburse there customers for the cost of a replacement aftermarket swingarm.. Seems like a safety thing to me.

forgiven
01-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Hey 720

Since you don't allow anyone to PM your or email you it is going to be hard to help you. You can PM me if you like.

neveready
01-08-2008, 08:11 PM
I have the same feeling as 720. I just bought 2 08s but have no new swingarms??? I beleive these are like trolls we've all heard of it but never seen it. I keep hearing about how great the support is and how great the bikes are, but I as well am running elkas and bent up our swingarm the first weekend of riding. Now we have a brand new bike with a bent swingarm, in the middle of a series, and cannot run it and don't know when we will get the new one. This bike is under warranty and they know this is a faulty part, but cannot get me a new one. And noone can give me a date when. I would just like to ride the bike I bought, but to do so I need a swinger and need it NOW!! So my questions goes the same, "if I have to buy a new swingarm to be able to run our series and not fall out of our top spot, on a brand new bike, I think someone should be paying me back. .:mad:

tireman43
01-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks for gracing us with your presence again 720. It is always a pleasure to read your sarcasm. I understand what your saying but every time you post it is has a very negative vib!

I am frustrated as are many others but DRR has stood behind everything else there has EVER been a problem with. I can tell you first hand that Apex does nothing like this. I'm sure the swing arms will be here soon. And no my child has NOT gotten hurt. They bend but don't break. It's pretty easy to tell when they pull off the track if they are bending. I have been sent stock(round) replacements to get me by in while I wait. I can say I'm getting tired of replacing them but it's better then nothing.

neveready contact one of the many dealer/distributors on this very site by PM and tell them what your problem is. I know they may not be able to get you the proper swinger yet but very well may be able to get you a stock round to get you by.

Kevin

neveready
01-08-2008, 08:42 PM
I would settle for a stock round at this point. I know they are working in this. I just hope they get it soon, I am thinking for safety and reliability I should have two with me at all times until I get something better. I just hate having to buy something I am being promised under warranty. As well as everywher says the 08 will have a new stronger swingarm, but mine does not. I will check with some dealers on here to help me out. I know they will get it, it is just frustrating when my son is scared to jump n fear of causing damage to his bike or getting hurt.

tireman43
01-08-2008, 09:26 PM
I hear what you mean. My daughter has been a little shy in the past. I just told her not to worry. When she sees me inspecting all the time or replacing when neccessary, it has made her forget about it. I actually carry extras. I have one we re-enforced but has now started to bend the shock mount, and I just picked up(free from friend) a stock Apex one. It is a square one but is slightly shorter so it's only if needed. Gary(bulldogfallon) should hopefully have news soon for us. Well see. It will be very nice when they do become available though.

drr5
01-08-2008, 09:29 PM
before you get worked up , these things can take a while longer than anticipated , i gusseted ours with some simple flat bar and has made it strong and reliable we have had now problems thus far after the gussets were done, if you have the welding ability you can do them yourself or have someone do it, if its really bothering you that much send it to me and ill gusset it for you for nothing but the shipping cost

tireman43
01-09-2008, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by drr5
before you get worked up , these things can take a while longer than anticipated , i gusseted ours with some simple flat bar and has made it strong and reliable we have had now problems thus far after the gussets were done, if you have the welding ability you can do them yourself or have someone do it, if its really bothering you that much send it to me and ill gusset it for you for nothing but the shipping cost

Do you have a pic of your gusseting? We did this to our first bent one and it still bent. The shock mount started to fold back and the long bar that bolts the swinger to the frame also bent slightly. It can't bend a lot due to the bolt but when I took it off had to hammer the bolt out as it was jammed in there.

drr5
01-09-2008, 07:30 AM
ill try to post some pics of our swinger, we do gusset the shock mount and ad a tube at an angle to the pivot tube, this has been standard procedure for most of the minis for as long as i can remember

tireman43
01-09-2008, 07:50 AM
The pics would be great. I guess I will have to try to re-enforce things again a little better. I didn't realize when I started that I would have to do any work like this but I do now.:(

01-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by forgiven
Hey 720

Since you don't allow anyone to PM your or email you it is going to be hard to help you. You can PM me if you like.

Thats because I realy dont need help myself trust me on that . so PMing me or emailing me wouldent help the folks who need there long overdue parts replaced . why would help have to Private message to me to help when it should be for all to read. I have asked the questions that most here want to ask but cant for fear of upseting the Drr parts pedlars because they need there help while I do not ,and do I care if they like me for asking. I wouldent recomend buying another one till they fix what units they have sold. Mabey the APEX is the way to go? Does any one have a list of apex dealers we could post here?

doing my best to help.

forgiven
01-09-2008, 05:22 PM
What I was going to PM you was to find out who your dealer was then I would talk to him and see if he had run the paperwork already and if so work a deal with him to send me that swinger and I would send the one I have sitting here to you. It was no big secret but PM's would have been the best way to handle it.

It is one thing to be upset and understandably so, but you are not trying to help and it is obvious. It is odd that when someone actually offers to step up and help...then the people complaining then don't have an issue or don't want any help.

Some may get the perception that the sole intention is to make the brand look worse than it really is. You slam customer service but I have PM'd at least 3 people on this exact subject and have only gotten one reply. To this point I have not gotten one picture of a bent swinger, one VIN, original seller information or anything. Understand I did not sell to any of the three but I understand the swingarms are tough to come by right now. I was trying to help the same way I was helped when I needed it.

I truly understand the frustration because I had the same thing happen to me last year. People helped and offered solutions and yes eventually I got my new square tube swinger. The other one has held up as initially advertised so I have it off to the side.

With the great customer service I got I decided to become a dealer myself.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=313677

bulldogfallon
01-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Hey Jon...

You would really be better off if you approached issues objectively..

It seems that your input is never from a neutral point of view when it comes to DRR.

The swingarm issue is openly discussed here...there is no secret plot to hide the problem (it is also not an issue on 100% of the units and rarely happens on the 70cc quad with the same swinger)

Would Honda replace swinagrms on a race quad? Would Apex?

Intsead of slamming DRR for trying to make a better product, why not realize that with any change there is a chance for unexpected issues.

My TRX450R has had quite a few factory recalls (throttle sticking at full)---Sounds like a safety issue to me? I believe all of the manufacturers have had recalls on even some of their most popular models---Any recall on an ATV is a safety issue.

DRR has made many changes that have worked as anticipated and some less than as hoped for...

You refusal to give DRR a nod of approval on their positives can make your posts and input less credible than your accolades of achievement would substantiate.

DRR fully acknowledges the potential for the swingarm to bend, but they are replacing them FOC as they become available here in the U.S. It is also not a 100% failure rate....so it is a case by case situation....

What other company would do that? Don't get me wrong, I think they should...I'm NOT looking for them to get a pat on the back for replacing a part that is less than perfect, but how about acknowledging their pledge to make things right.

I am not DRR blind and will not preach that DRR is perfect, but I do believe in the overall value of their products and will continue to support them,

If your going to Indy, I would like to sit down with you and get your input on how we can make DRR a better company and how to improve the product line in a manner that someone of your stature will approve of. Hopefully we can put some of your recomendations into future models and have you on the DRR Team one day.

Thanks for your concern for the sport and I look forward to your input and making the DRR line up and the sport even more enjoyable for all the riders in the sport

Nichols Atvs
01-09-2008, 07:46 PM
SO Tell us oh Great pumpkin 720 what is the best CVT mini quad to buy and dont even say( cobra ) the average person does not buy this! If I was a person coming to YOU for Great advice which way would you steer me to go IM Not asking for your help. Just want to know where the best is so i can add it to my business.

ecmini1
01-10-2008, 05:39 AM
Not going into a huge debate on this but we are a dealer for both products.
Apex has no warranty out of the box. I have couple of customers that have had Apex problems and we as a dealer have done FREE labor and they paid for the parts.
By far DRR is doing the best by the customer on making the product us racers want and still keeping the price affordable for the non racers.

Drr has done an outstanding job. Dont hate. Remember if your going to race or ride hard craps going to break no matter whos name is on it.

bulldogfallon
01-10-2008, 07:59 PM
I can't guarantee the availability of the square tube swingarms, but I believe the shipment that was supposed to land in late December will be in the U.S. at the very end of this month

Anyone that needs one can email me and I will try to keep the requests organized through 1 source....

It may be easier for everyone that way....

The bent swingarm may need to be returned at some point

I will need:
1-A picture of the bent swinger
2- VIN#,
3-Date of purchase
4-Dealer purchased from
5- Your address & telephone

Email this info to : gforcepowersports@yahoo.com

I can't guarantee anyone a swingarm, but I will do my best to help coordinate the exchange with DRR.

Thanks for all of your patience and understanding thoughout this process.

01-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Now we are doing something besides selling parts.. good for you keep it up!!

always doing my best to help.

tireman43
01-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Gary, which swing arm should I take a pic of and send you??:D I have more than one.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

bulldogfallon
01-11-2008, 09:31 AM
I just voided that Fed Ex tracking tracking number that is in your inbox

Sorry I couldn't resist :)

I thought you were done picking on me after the Browns gotted robbed at 10-6 with no playoffs

Figures---typical Steeler Fan :) :)

tireman43
01-11-2008, 09:36 AM
I am done with the Browns stuff. Until next season. It's just hard to give up all my smart a*# ways.:blah:

Here We Go Steelers...Here We Go.....

Oh yeah they fell on their faces last week. Oh well.:)

neveready
01-13-2008, 04:25 PM
This is one we raced against today

neveready
01-13-2008, 04:26 PM
And now here is ours after todays race

lauvrayracing
01-14-2008, 11:26 AM
I am new to the mini quad stuff. I bought two 2008 DRX50 L/C back in November but they have different swingarms. One looks like the bent ones that have been pictured and then one is about 2 inches longer and has an additional crossbar after where the shock mounts. Anybody know why and have the same thing happen to them?

drr5
01-14-2008, 02:25 PM
the one with the extra brace is an extended swing arm usually found on the 70 and 90 models but ive seen these on 50s as well, the standard length swing arm will be just fine and the other as well , unless you have an overly agressive rider and over 50-60 lbs, if so have it gusseted and it will be fine.

drr5
01-14-2008, 02:25 PM
the one with the extra brace is an extended swing arm usually found on the 70 and 90 models but ive seen these on 50s as well, the standard length swing arm will be just fine and the other as well , unless you have an overly agressive rider and over 50-60 lbs, if so have it gusseted and it will be fine.

QuadJunkies
01-16-2008, 11:23 AM
http://www.pbase.com/image/91747119/large.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/91747121.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/91747122.jpg

born2ride14
01-16-2008, 05:33 PM
o no you didnt! how did you get that?

born2ride14
01-16-2008, 05:33 PM
o no you didnt! how did you get that?

XXX -rider
01-17-2008, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
http://www.pbase.com/image/91747119/large.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/91747121.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/91747122.jpg

stock apex??

forgiven
01-17-2008, 06:07 AM
That is the new style DRR swinger

tireman43
01-17-2008, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by XXX -rider
stock apex??

The Apex swinger is actually shorter. It's between 1/2"-1". I never did a real measurement but I have one if absolutely necessary.

The new swinger sure does look good.

neveready
01-17-2008, 07:31 PM
After pulling mine today I realized it bends in more than one spot!!:mad:

wvspeedfreak
01-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Neverready,check your pm's.

sldhd700
01-17-2008, 08:00 PM
As some of you have read in the past postings I have had Shaydens bike at ZBroz Racing (ARS-FX) having shocks built. Though this has been a long process his bike will be done next week. One of the first things we found was that the rear shock bottomed out to soon. After reading all the posts and looking at the pics I wonder if everyone is looking in the wrong area. Could it be that there is not enough travel in the shock itself. If the shock botttoms something has to give. Zbroz has built a new swing arm for Shaydens bike long with there shock will give more travel in the rear end. Just a thought as to why these things are bending. Oh yeah I will have a stocker for sale next week.

Shayden Housley #39

PS
There are names for guys like 720. They are Trolls just trying to stir $^#^# up on a message board.

neveready
01-24-2008, 10:53 PM
Got mine today !!!!!:D The new stock chain tensioner was a little tricky to figure out. Kudos to DRR and our dealer for getting it to us

quadscrib
01-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Got an 08 DRX50... has round tube swinger.

jread14
01-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by neveready
After pulling mine today I realized it bends in more than one spot!!:mad:

I just pulled mine this evening and mine is bent just like this... I am torn on what to do. Anybody!!!!!

bulldogfallon
01-28-2008, 05:53 AM
The swingers should be here anyday.

I'll check with Lou and post an update

jread14
01-28-2008, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
The swingers should be here anyday.

I'll check with Lou and post an update

I just left you a voicemail... Thanks, JR