PDA

View Full Version : Pivot Bolt

Ruby Soho
11-19-2007, 03:26 PM
yes, i've searched but i need more information

obviously my pivot bolt is frozen. we've tried hitting it, lubing it with pb blaster for days, flat out whaling on the bolt. its not moving. ive heard of people heating it, but where do you heat it?

i need some help, i realllyyy dont want to cut apart my swingarm and **** all that up and have to buy a new one.

Young_Gun1
11-19-2007, 06:41 PM
try spinning it! if you can't get it to try a big cheater bar

drew416ex
11-19-2007, 07:44 PM
The spot that is frozen is between teh bolt and that spacer inbetween the engine case and frame. I had to get a grinder with a cutting wheel, cut a notch in it, spread it open with a chisle, and then hamer it out. If yo do heat it though, heat it right there. I promise thats where it is frozen.

Ruby Soho
11-20-2007, 06:14 AM
looking at itfrom behind, the spacer that is betwen the arm of the swingarm and the engine case?

440challenger
11-20-2007, 06:18 AM
I had to use an oxy acetlyn torch and heat the bolt on both sides and inbetween, while my buddy had the air chisel with a drift bunch wallin on it. Was not fun at all , but if it was like mine, you sure arent getting it out hitting it without a ton of heat. I've cut the swinger otu before also, and that is wayyyyy more work then i ever want to do. Im dead set on the torch and airchisel, 10 minutes, it was done...

sledhead
11-20-2007, 06:14 PM
I HAVE A 99 THAT I JUST GOT DONE DOING AND I CUT THE BOLT ON EACH SIDE WITH AND AIR GRINDER AND A THIN BLADE. I CUT BOTH SIDES RIGHT BY THE FRAME ON EACH SIDE VERY CAREFULLY AFTER I GOT IT CUT FROM BOTH SIDES I PUSHED THE REAR TIRES UP AS FAR AS THEY WOULD GO GOT A BOLT THE SAME SIZE AND BEAT IT OUT WITH NO PROBLEM. BUT MAKE SURE AFTER DOING ALL THIS WORK YOU BUY THE KIT TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER IT;S WORTH THE TIME AND EFFORT. GET STOCK BOLT DRILL THREE HOLES IN IT ONE ON EACH SIDE AND ONE IN THE MIDDLE AND PUT TO GREASE FITTINGS IN ON EACH SIDE AND YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A PROBLEM AGIAN.

Ruby Soho
11-20-2007, 07:35 PM
well were cutting it out, and im going to buy a new swingarm anyway because the left bearing/collar is gone, and the arm is pretty much elongated from having play. its also cracked

so im in the market for a nice used aftermarket steel swingam:o