PDA

View Full Version : stiff throttle

crazyfireman
11-01-2001, 05:42 PM
i recently bought a 2000 400 ex with white brothers pipe and jet kit, k&n . my throttle is real hard to push does any one know a cure? besides going to the gym??:D

canadian400ex
11-01-2001, 05:44 PM
try lubing it...or it may be frayed, could be time for a new cable.
Welcome to the board by the way!

crazyfireman
11-01-2001, 05:49 PM
thanks, i siliconed it but to no avail. it appears to be in good condition. thanks and what a great website! does anyone know how i can post my picture?? danny

oynot400
11-01-2001, 07:15 PM
My thumb would cramp up and make it real painful to ride. So I switched to a twist. I know there are alot of mixed feelings between the two types of throttles. I have rode motorcycles quite a bit so the switch was not big of a deal for me. If you have not used a twist before I would not recomend it, but if you have some twist experience I would look into it.
Just my thoughts...

crazyfireman
11-01-2001, 07:38 PM
i have heard that when you stand it up, you willhave a tendencies to stay on the throttle, but i have ridden motorcycles for years and i beleive i could handle it. im going to honda tomorrowtocheck on it. thanks for your help. danny

hetrick425ex
11-14-2001, 06:32 AM
CRAZYFIREMAN
i had the same problem when i build my motor how we fixed it was...inside the throttle assembley there is a little round spring that is sopposed to bring the throttle back when you push it if you take this out the throttle still comes back but it only requires about half the pressure to push it
see if that works and if you have questions email me beefcakebadass@hotmail.com