PDA

View Full Version : alot of talk on here about modding low performance low out put quads

porscheguy944
11-19-2007, 12:53 AM
Why start with a low performing four stroke quad?

When most of you would be much happier with a easy to maintain light wieght two stroke quad that is much cheaper two buy and maintain and alot faster per CC
than a heavy slow more expensive to buy and maintain four stroke ????

You should all take a look at the new Gas Gas two stroke quads from spain.
They come in 125cc /200cc /280cc and 300cc two strokes.

All have factory wide kits with crome front ends and aluminum nerf bars.
awsome long travel olins shocks and ITP hole shot tires on aluminum rims with twist grip thottles and more!!!!

If you are going to upgrade and spend lots of money on after market add on's why not get it all up front and dial in the ride you would realy like to have in the first place!!!!!

instead of spending time and money away from the trails and tracks????

you owe it to yourself to take a look at the two stroke market..

check out my other posts to see what I am talking about.

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/rhedstromii/

11-19-2007, 05:36 AM
availability of parts adn the bike themselves is one reason...good advertisement for yourself though

porscheguy944
11-19-2007, 10:49 AM
I am not trying to advertise anything for myself.
Just trying to point out the obvious that the factorys are only out to make a buck your buck.

why else go to all four strokes when two strokes are cheaper to manufacture and have lower costs to the riders?

tim colston
11-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by porscheguy944
I am not trying to advertise anything for myself.
Just trying to point out the obvious that the factorys are only out to make a buck your buck.

why else go to all four strokes when two strokes are cheaper to manufacture and have lower costs to the riders?

BECAUSE YOU CANNOT SELL A 2 STROKE IN THE US. Let's think prior to posting.

AtvMxRider
11-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by tim colston
Let's think prior to posting.

Yeah maybe you should also because they still sell 2 strokes in the US:ermm:

tim colston
11-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Yeah maybe you should also because they still sell 2 strokes in the US:ermm:

I was under the impression that they couldn't because of the emmisions laws. please explain.

AtvMxRider
11-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by tim colston
I was under the impression that they couldn't because of the emmisions laws. please explain.

You can still by them but it won't be much longer. I believe they have to be phased out by 2010.

porscheguy944
11-19-2007, 11:00 PM
They still sell Two stroke quads here in mn at the bike shed in elba mn and at a dealer in east bethal mn I can not remember the dealerships name but my brother just went there yesterday and bought a race 125cc two stroke.I will ask him the name of the dealer and what the make of the quad was tomorrow and post the details.