PDA

View Full Version : need it faster....

deeroldz28
11-18-2007, 05:10 PM
i just got this 04 xc 450r first time i took it out today and yea it was pretty bad a** but i was raceing my friend with his 06 450r with hrc it and pipe and he took me i dont drag race or anything but i want to beat him lol and it need to be a good and cheap way so if you can help lmk thanks......heres whats done so far!

fasst flex bars with atvbend

houser plus 2" antivibe steering stem

houser plus half inch a-arms and tierods with grease zerks

plus 2"steal braided front brake lines

elka race series front shocks with triple rate coils zero preload self sagging device ssd compression and preload adjustments set up for 160-180# rider cross country xc set up

stock rear shock with gt thunder revalve and resprung for 160-180# rider longer travel compression rebound and preload adjustments.set up for xc riding. all that work was done by las at gt thunder

gt thunder second gen xc linkage.

houser airbox lifter kit

honda hrc hop up kit was installed when new

hmf full exhaust bill balance series quiet race pipe( designed to pass sound atva and ama tests) with stepped headpipe.

jetted carb

asv unbreakable levers

rekluse clutch with external cable adjuster.

rekluse clutch basket

proarmor bullhorn bumper

ac racing skids

moose handguards xc size

05 450r thumb throttle (has easier lever to push)

douglas 190 beadlock rims with burgard beadlocks

maxxis irazr rears 20"

maxxis razr II fronts 22"

ac racing xc grab bar

400exrider99
11-18-2007, 06:35 PM
a cam and a high comp piston. btw nice ride

mike nash
11-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Well stock your 10.5:1 and your buddy has 12:1.So I would say 12.5:1 piston and port and you'll spank him all day long.

d3ktrix
11-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider99

He has the HRC kit so he already has the HRC cam. Tho for XC going with a diff cam would probably serve him better.

A high compression piston will be a nice addition tho.
I installed a 12:1 recently and love it.

After that it's port work and an FCR carb.

deeroldz28
11-19-2007, 02:18 PM
cool thanks guyz what do you think its goin to run me? i have a 5 month old boy now moneys tite so i need something good but real cheap lmk thanks alot

Benjithx
11-19-2007, 03:40 PM
A new piston will run you 100-200 bucks. It will be well worth it.

11-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider99

x2 that would work great

bloodmoney23
11-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Pistons and cams on ebay.....pistons any size you need pretty much from 129-189 is the highest ive seen. and cams vary alot in price so youd just have to find a good deal. keep the same cam though so u dont need to do valve clearance adj. and all that.

d3ktrix
11-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
keep the same cam though so u dont need to do valve clearance adj. and all that.

Chances are if the engine hasn't been opened in a while it will need some shim changes anyway.
No reason not to a cam swap, esp since the cam will be totally removed from the bike anyway if he changes the piston.
Perfect time to do it, only if he wants it done of course though =)

SpeedyWho
11-19-2007, 06:00 PM
Sharp ride dude. I like the orange

deeroldz28
11-19-2007, 06:25 PM
hey thanks guys, yea i want it done but i need it done right and cheap i have not worked on a 4-stroke befor in the motor so i dont want to F it up if someone wants to make a cuple bucks and hook me up if ya live some wat close i live in bensalem pa but i cant afford payin dealer rates so be nice on a price if someone that knos what there doin and wants to have fun workin on it let me kno thanks...

bloodmoney23
11-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
Chances are if the engine hasn't been opened in a while it will need some shim changes anyway.
No reason not to a cam swap, esp since the cam will be totally removed from the bike anyway if he changes the piston.
Perfect time to do it, only if he wants it done of course though =)

I think im just a dumbass.....good call old chap. I just did both too...piston and cam and still wrote that.....sorry.

But anyway, ive never heard of bensalem and now that ive done it I know how but im no expert. If its close to Ohio ill attempt to make it out there. But here it goes.... Piston, cam and shim kit off ebay, buy stock honda gaskets from your local dealer. while your at it, dont forget to pick up all the copper washer seals (i think there is 2 (1 on tensioner and one on oil fill line screw on clutch cover side) Since your at it, def pick up a new oil filter and 2 quarts oil. Im sure you will also want to pick up a Gal. of antifreeze too, the 50/50 premix or regular and you can 50/50 it yourself. you will also need some loctite red. for parts and **** that should be it. Now tools, you will need 10mm and 8mm allen wrenches. a 3/8in drive torque wrench, and a good metric socket set and some screwdrivers and a feeler gauge and micrometer. a pack of zip ties would help too. Now if you aint on the opposite side of PA I could just bring all my stuff out and help you out.

quadwanter
11-20-2007, 01:55 AM
my buddy has a '06 with the hrc kit...i've got a 11.5:1 wiesco, cam, filter, exhaust and with knobbies in sand he pulls away by about 3 lengths just when we tap 5th. With my paddes and his paddles....traction is obvious and i pull away from him by about 2 lengths....

i duno if that makes sense...but when you have power, you gotta get it to the ground and thats obvious with my buddy and i ...even though i know his bike is faster....we'll have to see what happens when i rebuild with a stroker crank and 12:1 piston and port and polish :devil: