PDA

View Full Version : a couple questions

jaytheguy
11-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Hello, I'm looking at buying a used 05 trx, but have a couple questions on what to look for so I don't get a lemon. I figured here would be the place to ask. What are some problem areas that i should look at to protect myself?
Also how much would it be worth I know it at least has nerfs. It is supposedly set up for desert racing so I'm assuming it has more done to it.

Thanks for the help,
Jay goetzinger

bloodmoney23
11-18-2007, 05:00 PM
well just like any bike make sure you check suspension. if its stock then there are no grease points on the 05 and the stock bearings and seals should start going bad soon depending on how much it has been ridden. ummmm......make sure it runs and pulls through all gears. pretty much just like looking for anything else to buy. let it run for a good 10 min and make sure temp light works and fan comes on. While you are test riding look at the axle and make sure it aint bent cause that will eat axle bearing really fast. make sure it aint leaking oil outta nowhere such as gear shift lever gear...but if its an 05 and it looks as if it was well taken care of then you should be good.

jaytheguy
11-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Hey bloodmoney, Thanks for the reply.

Also how much do you think a rough estimate of how much its worth?

jaytheguy
11-19-2007, 07:44 PM
EDIT: I talked to the owner and it has a yoshi pipe and nerfs. The only downside I see to this quad is the plastic has been shaved significantly.
How much would you guys say this is worth?

bloodmoney23
11-19-2007, 10:06 PM
i would need a picture and to be honest i wouldnt say a price untill i rode it. cosmetics are easier and cheaper to fix than engine.

bloodmoney23
11-19-2007, 10:09 PM
if it runs good and looks good like it aint been beat to hell. I would say between $3000 and $4500 for just nerfs and a yoshi pipe. Just depends on cond. like i said.

d3ktrix
11-19-2007, 11:43 PM
For a stock 05 with just a pipe and nerfs the going price wouldn't be over around $3300.

Check around on ebay for comparisons.

My friend recently bought an 04. But the thing looked like it just came off the show room floor. It had about 2 hours on it, bone stock, PERFECT condition. And he only paid $3100 for it.

jaytheguy
11-20-2007, 07:13 AM
He was asking 4000, I am going to offer 3500. Let's see if he takes it.

Also thanks for the reply guys.