PDA

View Full Version : typhoon 90 wont start

exray
11-18-2007, 11:44 AM
wont idle without dying adjusted the idle screw and it did nothing my son rode it for a few days and it was sputtering here and there and finally died havent been able to get it started since. Checked th spark plug it was pretty nasty bought a new plug and it still wont start. Ive only had it about a month, the first two weeks it was in the shop it had got stuck inbetween gears. So they decided to give me a new motor. Had it a week after that and now this problem. any help Please

Ride1Rob
11-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Is your airfilter clean? It doesn't take much dust to clog these things up and the stock filter is very small. Also, the plug shouldn't be nasty after a weeks worth of riding. I'm thinking your jetting could be off as well.

exray
11-18-2007, 06:55 PM
I cleaned the air filter and that didnt work so I drained the gas and took the carb apart and cleaned it. it ran good for about an hour and then it got stuck in gear and that is where I am now I adjusted the clutch screw and nothing. Getting very irritated now. Every time I turn around something is wrong. I hear if you put the pin in to get 4th gear that solves the problem, but I was told that it would void the warranty. Anyone else have this much problem with their 90.

gmen
11-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Why are you working on something under warranty ?
6 months parts and labor
Who did you buy it from ?
They changed the motor,they cannot make it run?
Call this Xtreme dealer,in St Loius Mo,Phone: 618-758-3500

Ride1Rob
11-19-2007, 06:52 AM
What he said! There have been problems with the 70's and 90's getting stuck in gear like that from the start. Many have said that if you don't take that pin out you're basically waiting for it to happen. That was one of the reasons why I went ahead and bought my son the 125. Like Greg said, that's a warranty issue and you need to take the bike to the dealer and let them deal with it.

exray
11-19-2007, 04:37 PM
I bought it from Kid Atvs. The closest dealer around is about an hour or more away. They changed the motors out the first time. So when you convert it to the four speed does this fix the problem?

gmen
11-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Im in Illinoisabout 10 minutes out of St. Louis,thats what you posted on Baby Falcon 110
JBOYZ is your dealer for Xtreme,and he is 10 minutes south of St Louis.
Xtreme has a dealer locator and you posted you location .!0 minutes south of St Louie.
Kids ATV,internet sales.

Beware of UNAuthorized Internet Dealers,No warranty.

exray
11-19-2007, 05:25 PM
I live southeast of St. Louis about 10 minutes, I looked up JBOYZ and it said they are in Coulterville Ill and thats about an hour out. Is that where they are located?

gmen
11-19-2007, 05:31 PM
It needs to be modified,but it needs to be done by a Dealer,some one liable for the unit.
Go to Xtreme,open the dealer locater ,type in your zip and call that dealer.
There is one dealer who does our engine work in Ills.Give them a try
Greg

exray
11-19-2007, 05:35 PM
I agree, I dont wanna screw it up and get stuck with it. Appreciate your help, the dealer who does your work wouldn't happen to be in Jacksonville, Ill. would he?

gmen
11-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Yep,but only the modified engines,the practice engine and all other work goes to my local dealer

exray
11-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Thanks again for all your help I guess Ill give JBOYZ a call tomorrow.

exray
11-20-2007, 05:06 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that Kid Atvs is an authorized xtreme dealer and they do have a shop other than just internet sales. Customer service there has been great. No warranty problems either. Thanks Jim & Chopper