PDA

View Full Version : does rejtting help any?

williamc250ex
11-17-2007, 09:06 PM
I have a 250ex with a powercore4 (slip-on) and a K&N air filter will rejetting help make it run any better?

JOEX
11-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by williamc250ex
I have a 250ex with a powercore4 (slip-on) and a K&N air filter will rejetting help make it run any better?
When ever you change the air flow you'll want to at least check the jetting. Most often when adding an aftermarket air filter and/ or exhaust it will require a jetting adjustment.

I'm not very familiar with the 250ex but if you added a filter and exhaust to the stock motor you're most likely running very lean which could cause engine failure.

cals400ex
11-18-2007, 10:54 PM
rejet, what is that?

haha. you may not notice a seat of the pants difference when rejetting. sometimes you can, other times you can not. your motor may thank you down the road though.

JOEX
11-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
rejet, what is that?
:p

Nice to see you around again:)

cals400ex
11-20-2007, 01:12 AM
yeah i am not around much anymore. we just don't ride as much for one. a lot of my buddies sold their atv's, but i still have a 450r. plus, i bought another camaro. i had intentions leaving that stock but about 2 months later and too much money the camaro had headers, y-pipe, cat-back exhaust, cold air intake, intake manifold, pulley, wheels/tires, brakes/rotors, heads, cam, injectors, etc. lol so i have been busy playing with the car. also, i am in dental school now. right now i am in 33 credit hours and it blows. since that has started i have not been doing much of anything. i just did a lot of playing near the end of summer. now i am on thanksgiving break so i have time to play. well, i should be studying for the 15 exams that i have in the next two weeks. :eek:

good to hear from you as well.

Kickstarts-suck
11-21-2007, 02:12 AM
you got an exhaust and filter and didn't rejet it :ermm:

Better do it ASAP.

probably running pretty lean.