PDA

View Full Version : Manahawkin Harescramble..

beerock
11-07-2002, 04:09 PM
well the race is this saturday nov 9th(a day before my birthday)

I'm not sure if im racing or not, because of my +2 front end.
I will have to find out....

does anyone have the link to the site for info about the harescramble? I wanna call that number up...

ill be down there either way, either racing or helpin kenny pit.

Ex'r Marlin
11-07-2002, 06:24 PM
www.njorvp.org/events/metor_HS_02.html

609-494-1321 ask for Lindsay Pirie
Quads start at 1pm Saturday, November 9.

Classes... 2 stroke, 4 stroke, and utility.

Hope to see you there!:)

11-07-2002, 07:22 PM
Plan to be there but not deff yet. Bee you should be very familiar with the terrain since it is run next to and possibly even thru your favorite pitt.

I had actually met Lindsay a couple days ago (non race related and just by chance), he is a great guy and very concerned with our sport. From what i heard it should be a great event.

Anyone else gonna bee there?

And Broque you ever gonna answr your pm's? Maybe I am missing something?

beerock
11-07-2002, 11:41 PM
my pm box was full sorry. you can always email me.......

I hope there are no creek crossings, anyone know what the track is gonna be like? most of the trails down there are wide enough for +2 a-arms which might make this a high speed race.....1 hour on a track will definately weed out people......

I just hope theres no water holes......

Now that I know the race is gonna be at 1 im gonna get up early on saturday and get my boat out of the water. ill try to get a pic of my truck boat and quad all together...
bring your cameras!!!

im gonna try to get my dad to video tape the race...

11-08-2002, 02:11 AM
Yo check your Pm box.

Marlin you deff gonna be there saturday?

Wow forgot all about the boat, better get it out before it freezes huh :)

Ex'r Marlin
11-08-2002, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
Marlin you deff gonna be there saturday? I am planning on it.:)

Lenny... Let me know as to why you may not be there!:confused:

11-08-2002, 10:21 AM
http://www.njorvp.org/forum_pix/pbrr.jpg

Ex'r Marlin
11-08-2002, 10:46 AM
Even though it is not "quad" related, I think that event is pretty cool Lenny (440ex4me)... Sounds like 2 events for you this weekend!:) Maybe Cher, Husker, and I will join you Sunday?:D

Just don't forget the race tomorrow... Saturday, November 9th:)

beerock
11-08-2002, 11:05 AM
well, im off to mount my tires and I think ill be driving down the shore tonight.

ill be online later......

QuadRacer041
11-08-2002, 01:29 PM
i will be there for sure helping pit for 2 freinds of mine who will be racing.
im bringin my 400 just to cruise around on.
we'll have a 12' white enclosed trailer that says tristate window tinting with a green yukon, and a blck nissan pickup with a yellow lonestar R and towin my 400.

who else is going

Pappy
11-08-2002, 02:04 PM
i'll be there lou, look for a yellow z400 #22.

QuadRacer041
11-08-2002, 02:39 PM
o yeah im #041 in case you didnt know

Ex'r Marlin
11-08-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by cdale127
i'll be there lou, look for a yellow z400 #22. Does this mean Zracer is not going, :( And that you will be racing his Z??:eek:

Pappy
11-08-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
Does this mean Zracer is not going, :( And that you will be racing his Z??:eek:

haha no......but if the other z400 was ready i just might have to break that puppy in;) :devil

Pappy
11-08-2002, 04:23 PM
well zracer just called with bad news. the z has more damage from last sundays race then we first thought. so we will make proper repairs and be ready for foot of the mountain race next sunday. sorry fellers, we were both looking forward to seeing ya'll there:(

Ex'r Marlin
11-08-2002, 04:55 PM
:confused:

Sorry to hear the news Kenny... I guess this means you will be working on the atv's versus racing, eating, and laughing with us... Not good! :(

Quad041... You will not be racing?? :confused:

QuadRacer041
11-08-2002, 05:41 PM
no,:(
im just getting over some back problems and am not fully healed yet.
i should be ready to go in about a month.

QuadRacer041
11-08-2002, 05:42 PM
marlin,
what color is your bike, what # are u?>

Pappy
11-08-2002, 05:49 PM
well this is why he has 2 z400's so this wont happen next season...but we dont have the other one ready yet:(

GOOD LUCK FELLAS.....:)

Ex'r Marlin
11-08-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by quad041
marlin, what color is your bike, what # are u?> I have a Red 400ex with a black 2 with white background on both sides of the rear fender... But hopefully Lenny (440ex4me) will be racing that, while I race my Red 300ex with a black 4 with white background on the front.

Sorry to hear about your back... Hopefully we can hook up and ride/race soon.:)

Note: One of the reasons why I have two atv's... So my friends can't come up with an excuse like... "My atv is not ready yet"... Hint hint Lenny!:D

Looks like good weather for us here in Jersey... Hope to see ya!

beerock
11-08-2002, 07:49 PM
hey lou, ill be there too, But i dont think you care?:confused:

marlin and lenny, come up to me at the race, you guys know my bike. ill be there.. I hope theres no bad stumps.

im #33, i dont know if ill be able to find lou... well, lou if ya feel like sayin whats up dont be shy..

11-09-2002, 09:11 AM
I will find you guys, and I am not even gettin into the deal with Ex'rmarlin and him riding the 300ex (I think he just wants to finish ahead of whoever is on his 400) Thanks again Marlin but couldnt do that to you.

Have fun see you all there.

I will be the guy carrying the black bars around (private joke sorry)

:)

beerock
11-09-2002, 02:54 PM
well I had fun, I finished 6th :rolleyes:

really, I am not to happy about it.

but I am the jack *** that thought I could race with the airbox eliminator kit.......:rolleyes: :o
first puddle I went through I sucked in water, I sat on the side of the track for about 10 minutes...

finally got it started with a little help from a guy with some contact cleaner and a spark plug wrench.....

I came back, and i passed two people in my class. then, another water puddle.........DAAMMMN it... dies out again.......i tried to start it but i gave up there was no contact cleaner and no sparkplug wrench :grr

I definately had fun, lou was rooting me on! that made me happy!

Damn water...

AHHHHHHHHH you live and you learn.....

Im goin back there with a vengence next year..:

and I am definately racin some more harescrambles....

by the way the razors worked awesome........

I had no seat time on them and went out and raced..

the fornt was completely different.:)

well, thats it for now.

i think lou will commentate on the race, and he has lots of pics!!

oh yeah chris boric was there, and he flew off the course right where I was. I gave him a hang loose as he drive by at the start..

QuadRacer041
11-09-2002, 04:40 PM
hey just got home, dont have much time but here are the pics of bee.
ill post the rest tomarrow, i gotta run

QuadRacer041
11-09-2002, 04:41 PM
someone needs an air box!

QuadRacer041
11-09-2002, 04:42 PM
marlin i hope thats you, i was so hard to tell

QuadRacer041
11-09-2002, 04:45 PM
heres bee at the start too bad his bike died soon after.
gotta run but ill post more tomarrow

11-09-2002, 06:02 PM
someone needs an air box!

Nahh just needs to go around the puddles and stuff. I think we all agree the box would have helped. Shame Bee had a good start into the first corner.

marlin i hope thats you, i was so hard to tell You got him. Nice pics BTW.

Bean
11-09-2002, 09:45 PM
live and learn from mistakes

good job Bee

Ex'r Marlin
11-09-2002, 09:47 PM
Nice pics Lou (Quad041)! I didn't know you had a camera there. It was cool meeting you and your friends. Tell Kenny sorry about the head on incident... I can't believe I went off coarse and went the wrong direction!:rolleyes: BTW... Tell Kenny Chris Borich runs stock width. I can not believe your friends got through the coarse with 50" widths... Broque, is that what you have too?? I did not hit many trees, but there were very tight areas where I would not want to have extended a-arms.:eek:

What a great event!! The group that did this event was called Meteor, I have never heard of them... Great job guys!

I wish I had "helmet cam", I saw alot of atv's turning over in front of me! I witnessed alot of crashes, especially on the first lap! I saw alot of Yamahas off the side of the coarse... What was up with that??

If I remember right, there was a total of 63 racers there today, 43 of them in the 4 stroke class!:eek: I finished 24th, and I had alot of fun, even on my 300:cool:

Cool to see you come out and race a hare scramble with us Broque... Sorry to hear about your airbox. Now we just need to get Virgin Lenny (440ex4me) out there!!!:D Did Lenny get upset with you for getting his chest protector dirty?? LOL.

Lenny, thanks for coming out there with us... I just wished you would have raced though... I think you would have done better than me!

Lou... I wished you got to race with us, hopefully next time you can run that awesome 400 of yours! Yup, the guy in the pic to your left... The red 300... That was Ex'r Marlin:) Thanks again for taking pics of the race... Cool.

Note: In that picture, I think that yellow Z400 is Chris Borich's brother.

beerock
11-09-2002, 10:03 PM
ahahahahhaah I saw alot of yamahas in the woods too. I started chuckling I counted at least 5. hehehe

I definately had fun.

I am defineatly going to use my airbox at the next one.

The rear razors hookes up awesome but the front tended to jump around a bit with 5 psi.

im goin ridin tomroow so ill be able to dial in the tires..the back was perfect at 31/2 psi.

it was defineately great to meet everyone.

LOu AWESOME PICS!

just call me boxless:rolleyes: :p

11-09-2002, 10:04 PM
good job fella's .....:D

Ex'r Marlin
11-09-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by beerock
I saw alot of yamahas in the woods too. I started chuckling I counted at least 5.

LOu AWESOME PICS!

I lost count after 6... And I did not see any other make other than Yamaha... What's up with that??

Yeah Lou... Awesome pics!

Pappy... I only saw one Cannondale out there today... Looked nice, not sure how he did though.

There was alot of Z400's out there... But not as many as there were Honda's!:)

beerock
11-09-2002, 10:26 PM
oh by the way lou and i measured my front end, it was 47 1/2

also, if you look at the one pic, my left front tire was low.

I guess i didnt clean the beadlock enough and it leaked. it was bothering me in the tight woods.

I cant wait till next year.:D

thing is I have to rejet my bike with a airbox.. and its perfect now. But your damn straight im using a airbox from now on...

lou were your friends using the lids on their airboxes? how was theres set up?

11-09-2002, 11:10 PM
Now we just need to get Virgin Lenny (440ex4me) out there!!! Did Lenny get upset with you for getting his chest protector dirty?? LOL.

Man I am trying or praying to get everything ready for next week.....and hope I dont get the shaft from the mchine shop again etc.

Naaah I aint worried about a little dirt err sand LOL

lou were your friends using the lids on their airboxes? Whats that for ? :huh :D :D

QuadRacer041
11-10-2002, 04:57 AM
heres group shot before everyone went up to the line.
both my freinds were running air boxes but only kenny was running a lid, niether had any water problems

QuadRacer041
11-10-2002, 05:02 AM
yea both my buddies have roll front ends and were at 50", kenny had done a scrambler before and loves it he is looking to pic up a used set of LT +1 a arms, keenny has a full roll bike and that arens bike he was usin yesterday, so one will be his mx bike and the arens his XC bike.johnny has never run a scambler before and that is his only bike, he had fun but cant really do it on his setup.
im gonna setup my 400 for scramblers, right now i have +2 a arms and race front wheels and am at 47.5" if i run a stock honda offset wheel i should be at 46.5 inches i think, so that will be my setup, i think that will work good.

QuadRacer041
11-10-2002, 05:04 AM
theres kenny and john on the 2 yellow R's, they ran pro class, kenny finished 6 and johnny 8.
theres bee in the back with his head turned around.

QuadRacer041
11-10-2002, 05:06 AM
o yea, lenny, i found the memory stick on the ground for my cam, wheee, thank god.
close up, keeny on left, johnny on right, look at those front ends, lol

QuadRacer041
11-10-2002, 05:08 AM
kenny got the holeshot in the pro class, he said he led for a little bit but then he was in borixh's way in the woods so he let him buy, he was in second for a while until marlin ran the wrong way on the track and got in his way, lol lol

QuadRacer041
11-10-2002, 05:09 AM
heres kenny, notice, his left hand, he's throughing me his get that had come off.

QuadRacer041
11-10-2002, 05:10 AM
heres johnny telling me his clutch lever broke, i met him at another piont on the track and we changed it out in record time

QuadRacer041
11-10-2002, 05:12 AM
and here we are changing it

QuadRacer041
11-10-2002, 05:13 AM
well, looked like alot of fun out there, wish i could have seen all the non honda broken down, lol
looking forward to my back healing and getting out there myself. C-ya

beerock
11-10-2002, 07:55 AM
woohooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!:devil

11-10-2002, 11:12 PM
o yea, lenny, i found the memory stick on the ground for my cam, wheee, thank god. I kinda figured that when I see the pics :) Where was it? BTW camera takes some clear shots.

he was in second for a while until marlin ran the wrong way on the track and got in his way, lol lol He was in atleast third before that happened. Had a little prob with the wide front getting hung up on the drop off across from where you guys were parked. Too bad though since he was running pretty damn fast.

QuadRacer041
11-11-2002, 03:41 AM
i found it were i had parked right before that, along the road we came in on.

Ex'r Marlin
11-11-2002, 06:51 AM
Kenny got the holeshot in the pro class, he said he led for a little bit but then he was in Borich's way in the woods so he let him buy, he was in second for a while until marlin ran the wrong way on the track and got in his way, lol lol Yeah... Sorry about that. I know this won't make matters better, but stupid me forgot I had reverse on my atv... I guess I am too used to the 400. I could have saved a minute or so delay for both Kenny and myself if I would have just "backed up"!!:rolleyes: I ended up doing the back and forth shuffle in the tight trail to get the atv around.:rolleyes:

It was definitely fun out there... Wished both Lenny anb Lou would have raced!

Little muddy out there... Not sure how much Lenny would have enjoyed it though??:devil

QuadRacer041
11-11-2002, 02:37 PM
its ok, that happens, i guess:blah
ill have more pics soon ,y freind steve was takin pics too, but i havent seen them yet.

Ex'r Marlin
11-13-2002, 03:36 PM
I'll have more pics soon,my freind steve was takin pics too, but i havent seen them yet. Any more pics?? Sorry Lou... Just anxious to see more!:D

QuadRacer041
11-13-2002, 05:29 PM
yea i gotta few but i have to schrink them down when i tried to post'em it said it was too big.

beerock
11-13-2002, 06:05 PM
shrink em like cold water! :rolleyes: :p :devil LOL!!!