PDA

View Full Version : winterizing/long term storage

CDALEMX301
11-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Hey well I bought an 07 LTR back in June... Bike has about 12 hours on it in other words I didn't get to ride much this year...Anyway... Winter is coming soon and I generally don't ride in the winter to add to it I leave for bootcamp in Febuary...What is the best way to put this bike away for long term storage? Drain fluids? Leave fluids? Full gas tank with stabilizer or drain it?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

450robot
11-17-2007, 07:54 PM
easy to do

replace oil, coolant, and all other fluids with fresh product

go to any store and pick up some sta-bil fuel stabilizer, and pour it in your tank, fill the tank up, and run it for a few minutes to spread the fuel keep fresh through the whole system.

clean entire bike top to bottom, and cover with a good coat of anti-corrosion spray (wd-40), wipe down excess, lube chain, and oil all joints

remove spark plug, and drop about a tea spoon of oil into the cylinder, replace spark plug, and crank over the engine a few time WITHOUT the spark cap on, then reinstall cap

finnally plug intake hole (under the filter), and plug your exhaust so no moisture reaches it

also, its best to lift the quad onto a stand, when tires are left in a position for to long, they can retain an oblonged shape... so try and take the stress off them, or add some more air to them to prevent drooping

and you should be good for a looooong time!