PDA

View Full Version : My Bike Is Running Again!

JIMFROMTEXCO
11-17-2007, 07:09 PM
I got it all put back ttogeather, i fired it up let run till it warmed up, let it cool all the way down and adjusted the valves since i have all new angles cut in the valves. i repeated this 4 times letting it run longer and at diffrant rpms.

then i went to take it for a spin and my clutchs slip badly. could it be that i had it sitting for a month with the clutch cover off and they just simply dried out? i mean the last time i had it running the clutchs grabed great. i tore the clutch case back off and adjusted the springs to 9ft pounds. i tried searching the ionternet for tourque specs and 9 pounds is what i only came up with. there is still good amount of fbers left on the friction plates.

even with everything adjusted to spec does the 350x valve train still make a decent amount of noise?

i picked up a set of rear beadlocks, got my 350x swinger all ready for powder. i have a lead of a 300ex in peices for a 200-300 bucks that has reinforced front rims and pure sport bandits all around. is it possible to get the 350x shock rebuilt? im gonna prolly pick up a set of 450r fronts to get set up for the 400ex front end.

JIMFROMTEXCO
11-18-2007, 06:05 PM
well i got the clutchs sorted out. i forgot how much it ripped opposed to the 200x ive been riding.

how much slack should be in the cam chain?

2muchquad
11-30-2007, 09:50 PM
I f you have more LESS than a half inc h or so of gap before the tensioner goes flush against the cylinder,i would replace it.may as well do it now:D

JIMFROMTEXCO
12-02-2007, 12:39 PM
yea i replaced it. its running great. little hard to start when its cold. the bottem of my foot hurts.