PDA

View Full Version : Best Mods w/Stock Exhaust

SpeedyWho
11-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Hello, this is my first post. Thanks for any info.

I have a 07 450r and want to get some more power out of it, while keeping the stock exhuast. I dont want to make it ANY loader. I have a few places I ride that check DB's.

Jetting, Rev boxes, cams, maybe other grades of Fuel, you know stuff along those lines.

Thanks Speedy

d3ktrix
11-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Take ur air box lid off and rejet accordingly.

Cam, always good.
Also for the 07 you can get the HRC header.

Rev box will do nothing for you until your engine is built up enough to continue to make power past the stock rev limiter.
A stock engine puts out peak HP before the stock rev limiter.
Unless you get one like a DNYA that lets you change power curves
But a big gun rev box is the last thing you want.

Whats the DB limit at these places? Even some aftermarket exhaust will past DB tests.

D-7#61-450r
11-17-2007, 05:01 PM
HRC kit hands down best bang for your buck. It has the proper jetting, rev box wiring harness, head pipe and exhaust insert which keeps it quite, cam. And if you decide that one day you want a pipe all you will need to do is adjust the clip on the needle and adjust air fuel screw. $300 dollars if you look around

450rJam
11-18-2007, 06:29 AM
I agree, hrc kit

your 07 will apear stock, run quiet and pull so hard you will swear its not the same quad

300 is about the going rate, and you get top quality parts that retain your reliability

your going to have a hard time getting rid of the grin

11-18-2007, 07:26 AM
Why not just get HMF QRS series pipe?https://hmfengineering.com/shop.php?category_id=117&page=2

You can get a HRC kit which I have and it is great and it includes a really good head pipe then you can get a hmf Quiet Race Series slip on and you will be set.

tooanxiousii
11-18-2007, 09:05 AM
Don't forget the green wire mod...(free) ,K&N no air box lid and jetted that is the chaps Hp you can get..
I have a full yoshi RS-7 exhaust and with the core in it's only 93DBs I live in Michigan and some places do sound checks here to and have NOT had a problem yet ...If your interested I might be selling my yoshi...

450rJam
11-18-2007, 01:50 PM
cutting the green rev limit wire is not needed with the hrc kit
(it comes with a sub harness so you dont have to cut yours)

bloodmoney23
11-18-2007, 04:20 PM
If you want to leave it quiet then just do HRC. Its pretty much worth it.

SpeedyWho
11-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks for all the Info.

The HRC kit sounds like what I am looking for. And if it keeps it quiet that sounds good to me. It does come with a different spark arrester too, right?

11-18-2007, 06:23 PM
*curtis sparks air filter & jet kit & outerwears.