PDA

View Full Version : rear end issues need help

exrider2001red
11-17-2007, 02:07 PM
ok so i went out riding today but before i went i looked at my chain and noticed it was quite loose so i tightened it up i jus left my driveway and it loosened up again so i looked it over and noticed the thing you turn to tighten your chain and gone back the other way and loosened the chain again i have no idea what would be wrong because the pinch bolts are new the bearings are new the lock nut its new and the chain and sprockets are new any help would be appreciatred

440challenger
11-17-2007, 06:58 PM
is there a tight spot in the chain? hows your carrier,and front swing arm bearings?

JOEX
11-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by exrider2001red
ok so i went out riding today but before i went i looked at my chain and noticed it was quite loose so i tightened it up i jus left my driveway and it loosened up again so i looked it over and noticed the thing you turn to tighten your chain and gone back the other way and loosened the chain again i have no idea what would be wrong because the pinch bolts are new the bearings are new the lock nut its new and the chain and sprockets are new any help would be appreciatred
Sounds like the carrier is spinning the swingarm. (that's the thing you turn to tighten the chain:p )

May need to take it out and clean it up real good.