PDA

View Full Version : Blaster Clutch problem

R'Fanatic
11-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Ok I ordered a tusk clutch kit w/ heavy duty springs for my 95 Yamaha Blaster. The blaster I got was 350$ because the dude had supposedly "fried" the clutches. I dissassembled it and looked at the clutches and sure enough they were worn. Well I put the clutch back together lining the metal plates 60degrees apart as per clymer manual and carefully put it back together.

The problem:
When I put the pressure plate back on and pushrod back in with the nut I put the springs in. Ok once I got the clutch pressure plate back on I tried to pull in the clutch and it wouldn't pull. So I read the manual and tried to align the marks but the clutch still won't engage even when I'm trying to adjust it from inside the case. Any suggestions? Are there 2 rods that should have come out or? I have no idea, lol. Please help someone.

Hitt99
11-25-2007, 03:56 AM
There is a metal ball that goes in there too. I did the same thing when I changed out my cluthes. I didn't know it was in there, it had rolled out and was on the floor. It looks like a b-b for an air rifle.

trailrider1156
11-30-2007, 04:21 PM
like Hitt99 said, little stainless steel ball

woodsracer144
12-28-2007, 09:17 PM
ok this just happened to me also... there is more than that little "BB" lookin thing... where the clutch cable mounts up pull that rood strait up and out, you ahve to remove the carb to do this... but anyway i replaced all the push rods and plates and all that and i had a chip in that little arm that the cable mounts on... i clutch alot... and it chipped off... i just welded a little bubble on it and then took the dremal i have and made it flush and smooth and put it all back together and bamb it was good.