PDA

View Full Version : Need help fast!!! Clutch basket Removal

national425ex
11-17-2007, 11:24 AM
I have my quad tore down right now, clutch is out but I cant get the basket out to put the new one in. Is there anything else I should be doing? It looks almost like the basket is hitting the case when I try to lift it up. I need to get this done within the next few hours. Thanks for the help!

Colby@C&DRacing
11-17-2007, 11:43 AM
did you take the side cover off and not just the quickchange cover?

national425ex
11-17-2007, 11:46 AM
lol nope, never even thought of that, thanks colby, and by the way I just tried to call your place to talk to you about this. Im off to finish the job

national425ex
11-17-2007, 02:06 PM
alright, I got the new basket in. Now I cant get the side cover back on. The kicker assembly wont let it lay flat. What am I doing wrong here? Any tips to help me?

Ginxd00
11-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Check to make sure the kicker idler gear is in the bearing on the case side, it will also center itself on the outer clutch cover, theres a small bearing the other end sits in. Also make sure you water pump groves are lined up on the front. I am guessing the idler gear is sitting cockeyed.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-17-2007, 02:14 PM
make sure the dots are lined up on the kicker gear and that the spring did not pop out of place.

national425ex
11-18-2007, 10:07 AM
I have been working on this for the past 3 hours. Everytime I get the side cover back on, the kicker wont move. It only moves backward, but not forward. What dots are you talking about. I dont see any. This is really starting to get on my nerves, lol. Please try to help me! I had a race today, but it doesnt look like I will get to go.

national425ex
11-18-2007, 02:27 PM
does someone have a picture or these marks, or dots? Or can someone explain where I need to look. Because I am not seeing them.

national425ex
11-19-2007, 01:55 PM
here is an update for future people needing help......
after some common sense hit me, I noticed I did not remove the kicker...After I did that, I could line up all the gears perfect, and the case went together smooth. Then I proceeded to install the rekluse clutch, and that went together smoothly as well. It was a breeze to install and I can already tell Im going to love it in the woods. To anyone thinking about buying one. My opinion is go for it, Just dont pay someone to put it in for you. It is not hard at all. Thanks Colby for all the online tech support :D