PDA

View Full Version : where to mount license plate lol

ny300exrider
11-07-2002, 03:13 PM
well, i just registered my quad with the dmv(department of motor vechiles) since the owner before me had it registered i just signed it over and payed the money. they gave me a cool little licsense plate hahahah and i was wondring where is a good place to mount it and wat to use. i know this is a dum question but it cost money if i lose it so id like it to stay on when goin through woops and such lol. i was putting it into different spots by the grab bar and there is a certain spot in back of the brake light that it just fits in. it blocks alittle of the plate but it fits good. i am just thinking about using like 2 heavy duty ziptties on each side and just zipping them to the subrame or watever it is. wow i never thought i could write so much on a liceanse plate. oh well....any pics or ideas help .....btw id like to keep it is the back of the quad....thanks

DGR Designs
11-07-2002, 03:36 PM
i drilled two holes through mine and bolted it to the back of the airbox. works good

bigbadbrad
11-07-2002, 04:49 PM
look at your rear lite and look on the white part there is like a support and there are some holes in it i ran zip ties threw those holes and through the holes in the plate and titeghted it up and it looks trick and it can still move a little so i something hits it(like a rock)it wont hurt it or the light
i gotta get my scaner to work so i can show u

ny300exrider
11-07-2002, 04:54 PM
ohh great idea......i think ill do it that way. thnks brad. ill do it tommorow. if anyone has any suggestions or pics.....feel free to respond

bigbadbrad
11-07-2002, 05:04 PM
no problem it will look pretty good if you do it right

quaddict53
11-07-2002, 06:42 PM
Just ziptie it to the holes for your seat in the subframe. I did and it has held up fine!

11-07-2002, 06:57 PM
Front bumper or rear grab bar..

Rip_Tear
11-07-2002, 07:23 PM
I am still waiting for my plate! .... Damn mail is so slow up here..