PDA

View Full Version : Help installing a tether kill.

Bkillerp
11-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Does anyone know how to properly wire in a tether kill on an LTR? My main concern is that I do not want the tether kill switch to ground out through the ECM at all. I tried to tie the switch into the tip over sensor so I could trick the quad into thinking it was tipped over and stall when the tether kill switch was engaged. No success with that though. Looking at the wiring schematic, I really don’t see any other way with out going through the ECM, but that’s the last thing I want to ground anything through. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

LTandRaptorider
11-16-2007, 08:30 PM
What brand and design tether did you get? I have a Pingel, which is a "normally closed" tether switch. you can wire that into the ignition wires. There are cheaper tethers than Pingel, but the normally closed design is safest for the LTR. Yes, you can use the normally open, and many have. Some have had no probs, some have. The way I look at it, why take a chance?!

450Rchaser
11-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Pro Armor makes a real nice kit that keeps you from splicing into wires.

Merl991
11-19-2007, 09:04 PM
if you have a normally closed switch you can hook it inline with the engine run switch. you can use the orange or the orange/white wire, either one will work. if you have the normally open switch i know of no other way for it to work besides shorting the ecm to ground.

DVXracer
11-20-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by 450Rchaser
Pro Armor makes a real nice kit that keeps you from splicing into wires.

Yeah i bought the pro armor tether and installation kit, its simple and cheap.

450Rchaser
11-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Yeah I havent put mine on yet but it looks like the best wat to go. Im a big fan of Pro Armor

DVXracer
11-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by 450Rchaser
Im a big fan of Pro Armor

Im not.:eek::scary:

But i like their tether.:)