PDA

View Full Version : Blaster wth

oldschool73
11-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Why does some 13 yr old kid always want to race me with a blaster? These quads were a piece garbage when they were new!just cause it's a 2 stroke doesn't mean it gonna beat 200cc larger 4 stroke. I'm no racer but my stock 400ex smokes em every time.anyone else have this happen to them?happened to me 4 times now. I just like to ride I'm not out to prove anything.I almost bought a kfx700 but always had good luck with a honda, so I went with that. but curiosity now has the best of me. anyone ever race a kfx700 how bad was it?

Hondamaster5505
11-16-2007, 01:25 PM
actually, i owned both. A 96 blaster and my 05 400ex.

The blasters ARE NOT garbage, they are great bikes. Of all the time i had mine, never had a single problem with it. I could even jump it better than my 400ex, which is me though.

Power-wise stock for stock, the 400ex IS faster, thats why i got it. The blaster aint that far behind though, they're potent little things. It was definitly faster than my dads old warrior, because of the top end.

A piped and jetted would prob. keep up with a stock 400ex, cuz mine was piped, and it almost felt as quick, but not quite. Dont under estimate them.

That speaking, the 400ex is a little faster and better handling, but blassies can be worked pretty well to woop a 400ex's a**.

They're both great bikes, but if they both only have a few mods, the 400ex is still faster. Dont goin bashin blassies, they're good bikes.

250x_kyle
11-16-2007, 02:38 PM
i can keep up with my friend on his national blaster when hes on his national yfz on teh strech and in the woods. on the track he kills me because of course he races nationals

davetheslave
11-16-2007, 02:59 PM
The KFX 700 is a descent bike I guess. In stock trim The KFX would beat the 400ex no problem. In a drag race anyways....

I have a 440ex and I always beat the KFX's by a few quads in the sand. I'm pretty sure its just because there soo heavy and there automatics.

SRH
11-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
actually, i owned both. A 96 blaster and my 05 400ex.

The blasters ARE NOT garbage, they are great bikes. Of all the time i had mine, never had a single problem with it. I could even jump it better than my 400ex, which is me though.

Power-wise stock for stock, the 400ex IS faster, thats why i got it. The blaster aint that far behind though, they're potent little things. It was definitly faster than my dads old warrior, because of the top end.

A piped and jetted would prob. keep up with a stock 400ex, cuz mine was piped, and it almost felt as quick, but not quite. Dont under estimate them.

That speaking, the 400ex is a little faster and better handling, but blassies can be worked pretty well to woop a 400ex's a**.

They're both great bikes, but if they both only have a few mods, the 400ex is still faster. Dont goin bashin blassies, they're good bikes.

agreed

f150mann
11-17-2007, 08:00 PM
im sorry but if you are competition for a blaster on a 400ex you need to start riding a bicycle.

Hondamaster5505
11-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by f150mann
im sorry but if you are competition for a blaster on a 400ex you need to start riding a bicycle.

dude, wtf are you talking about. Just to let you know, I DO OWN A 400EX NOW!! so why would i bash my own quad for no reason?

A well built blaster 240 and every other mod you can think of, can push the hp around 45hp, and if you add nos on top of that, you can push it to 55hp.

A well built 440 can make around 42-45hp, around 55 with nos.

And stock for stock, the blaster isnt THAT far behind.

Sure, the 400ex is faster, but you have to give that little 200cc powerplant some credit. I'd really love to see a 200cc fourstroke put out the same hp or top speed.

That being said, i moved to the 400ex becuase it is a little faster and i got a great deal on it. Blasters are potent man.

400ex stock will still beat a blaster by a little and same if they were both pipes, the 400 would be slightly ahead.

SRH
11-18-2007, 06:36 AM
a good built 440 is only pushing 40-42 TOPS

i know for a fact a blaster with a thinner headgasket,reeds and the whole nine, aside from a big bore is about 1 quad length off a well built 416 in the smooth stuff in a drag, you get in bumps andblaster cant hold a candle

Hondamaster5505
11-18-2007, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by SRH
a good built 440 is only pushing 40-42 TOPS

i know for a fact a blaster with a thinner headgasket,reeds and the whole nine, aside from a big bore is about 1 quad length off a well built 416 in the smooth stuff in a drag, you get in bumps andblaster cant hold a candle

agreed

86 Quad R
11-19-2007, 02:49 PM
i'll have to agree. a blaster can hold it's own even on the track if setup currectly.

i can take the lil ole blaster i've got and put my 15 year old that weighs a 135lbs and push any well built 400ex and slightly modded 450rs around the track. of course it has a aftermarket shocks and a banshee front hyd. brake setup but never the less is impressive.

f150mann
11-19-2007, 02:55 PM
you guys are rediculous, taking about taking "built up" blasters...thats a VERY different topic.

a 400ex vs blaster, 400ex pwns it.

you cant get into if this had that bull****, if my lawnmower had new shocks and a nitrous kit id eat 700 raptors all day!

86 Quad R
11-19-2007, 03:05 PM
juss calm down ole boy :rolleyes: lets keep this quad related and not add you lawn mower into the mix :devil:

seriously tho i aint got a modded to the hilt blaster (engine wise). just a lil run of the mill, low on the totum pole set of shocks and a pipe thats it.

now if ya wanna add b/b kits, ported cylinders, huge *** carbs, sky high c/r and race fuel then. well, that would be unfare :D

Hondamaster5505
11-19-2007, 03:32 PM
you guys are rediculous, taking about taking "built up" blasters...thats a VERY different topic.

a 400ex vs blaster, 400ex pwns it.

you cant get into if this had that bull****, if my lawnmower had new shocks and a nitrous kit id eat 700 raptors all day!

Dude, ive had both stock and both piped!

I first got blassie when she was stock, i added a pipe and jettied it. when i got my 400ex it was stock, than i added a pipe to it.

Stock for stock, blaster is not PWNED by the 400ex, its just a little behind, but thats pretty damn good for a 200cc.

Why are you so embarrased to say stock for stock, blaster aint that far behind, so what? no need to get all pissy.

Even some magazine testers said the blaster is puching near-400 power for how little it is.

The answer to all of this, is the blaster is a little slower, but not by much. Have you ever even ridin a blaster??

Now even though the blaster would just be a little behind, in the handling department the 400ex will blow it away stock.

(I could actually throw around the blaster pretty damn well though, because i had a banshee axle and reversed front rims)

Dont be such a blassie hater, they arent that bad. But yes, the 400ex is a little better all around

f150mann
11-19-2007, 05:31 PM
yes my friend has a 95 blaster, my 400ex rapes it!

if isnt all about power, im not saying they are pwned in power, they are pwned in general.

theres a guy who races his blaster in mx, and man does he get smoked. they just cant compete stock for stock with a 400ex.

if you wanna talk about a drag race, it may not be a raping, but 400 will still win, and drags dont matter, these machines are built for racing

JOEX
11-19-2007, 06:03 PM
yes my friend has a 95 blaster, my 400ex rapes it!
You have a cam and filter and what else? What mods does your friends 12 year old blaster have?

if isnt all about power, im not saying they are pwned in power, they are pwned in general.
In general, that's an opinion:rolleyes:

theres a guy who races his blaster in mx, and man does he get smoked. they just cant compete stock for stock with a 400ex.
It's all about the rider. The guy on the Blaster is probably not very experienced. I raced MX once (the only MX race i've done and i'm not a racer by any means) against a mildly built Blaster with my piped & filtered 400ex. The guy blew me away. Yes, I was pwned:o Raced him again on the same track with him on a yfz450 and I was able to keep up with him.

if you wanna talk about a drag race, it may not be a raping, but 400 will still win, and drags dont matter, these machines are built for racing
These are 'sport quads' not racing quads;)

exrider2001red
11-19-2007, 06:12 PM
wtf is with all these threads about blasters beating 400exs its bull**** i dont care what you say a 400ex is going to beat a blaster unless the blaster is severly modded.

JOEX
11-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by exrider2001red
wtf is with all these threads about blasters beating 400exs its bull**** i dont care what you say a 400ex is going to beat a blaster unless the blaster is severly modded.
It depends on the type of race and the rider:rolleyes:

exrider2001red
11-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
It depends on the type of race and the rider:rolleyes:

all i know is ive never been beaten by some 12 year old on a blaster but we only have 2 types of riding around here trails or road we dont have any mx tracks

JOEX
11-19-2007, 06:42 PM
all i know is ive never been beaten by some 12 year old on a blaster but we only have 2 types of riding around here trails or road we dont have any mx tracks
There are people who ride Blasters that aren't 12 years old and the age of a person has little to do with their riding ability.

exrider2001red
11-19-2007, 06:50 PM
There are people who ride Blasters that aren't 12 years old and the age of a person has little to do with their riding ability.

look man i live in a tiny town with a couple hundred people there are only 3 blasters in the whole area and of those 3 2 riders are under 14 years old the other is 15 but is really short when i sit on a blaster it looks like a cat humping a flee. all im saying is that blasters are small and that ive only seen 12-14 year olds drive them. im not saying there not speedy or they arnt a fun quad i love driving my friends blaster but it dont keep up with the 400s and the 450s around here.

JOEX
11-19-2007, 06:54 PM
look man i live in a tiny town with a couple hundred people there are only 3 blasters in the whole area and of those 3 2 riders are under 14 years old the other is 15 but is really short when i sit on a blaster it looks like a cat humping a flee. all im saying is that blasters are small and that ive only seen 12-14 year olds drive them. im not saying there not speedy or they arnt a fun quad i love driving my friends blaster but it dont keep up with the 400s and the 450s around here.
Thanks for clearing up your point of view;)

exrider2001red
11-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Thanks for clearing up your point of view;)

no prob

Hondamaster5505
11-19-2007, 08:02 PM
thanks JOEX for backing me up, alot people just dont seem to believe me and they never owned a blaster, when i have owned both. Its actually quite funny.

If i ride both and say the blaster is a little slower, its not the rider making the difference. Im only one rider comparing em.

Ive already put what i think and there is no need for me to keep saying it if no one listens.

400ex is a little better in every way, and the blaster is a little better beginer bike because of its physical size, i was on of those 13-yr-old kids on a blaster, but never bragged and admitted when someone could probably beat me.

I got really pissed when people said 250ex's are faster than blasters, in a million years, lmao