PDA

View Full Version : tear down problems..how do i?

f150mann
11-15-2007, 07:28 PM
how do i take the throttle cable off of the assemby on the handlebars????

also, how do i remove the steering them, i removed the top part, but its still attatched at the bottom..is there a nut on the bottom? i have a skidplate on underneath still so i cant see if there is or what.

rooney
11-15-2007, 07:44 PM
there is a nut on the bottom with a kodder key in it take the kodder key out and remove the nut and disconest the tie rods and on the throttle cable just follow it to the carb and it basically shos how to take it off otself

REPOMAN
11-15-2007, 07:48 PM
to take the cable off at the throttle assembly at the handlebars. just take off the throttle cover and you wil see how to do it

f150mann
11-15-2007, 07:49 PM
the one on the carb will not come off, i turned the nut like 2 turns and it wont go any father.

and i already took off the tie rods i need to get the stem off i guess the nut is under my skidplate

Pipeless416
11-15-2007, 08:55 PM
you need to take the plastic cover on the side of the carb off. then, you can see what the cable is attached to. turn the piece as if the cable were pulling on it. this will give you slack in the cable and you'll see that there is a notch so the cable end will slide out. now that the cable is not attached on the inside the part where it screws into the carb on top will unscrew.

440challenger
11-16-2007, 05:06 AM
If your doing A full tare down ,you can take the steering stem out (19mm or maybe its a 17mm) nut at the bottom of the stem ,take the stem out of course after you undid the tie rods and then you will be able to take the whole carb,throttle assembly off without undoing the cable. (thats if you aren't comfotable taking just the cable out) It saves time too!! :D

f150mann
11-16-2007, 10:05 AM
i think that seems like the best thing to do, really it will be easier. thanks!