PDA

View Full Version : How much gain from HRC to HC2?

07ERider
11-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Is it worth the money and labor?

I have been thinking about getting my head ported with a 14:1 piston also, and the more people I talk to say I would benefit nicely from a cam swap? What kind of gains would I realistically see and do you guys think its worth the time and money?

Thanks,
Shaun

XXXRACER165
11-15-2007, 04:14 PM
The Hot Cam stage 2 is meant for big bore kits. If you add that cam in a standard bore you will lose compression from the longer duration lobes

4bidden
11-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by XXXRACER165
The Hot Cam stage 2 is meant for big bore kits. If you add that cam in a standard bore you will lose compression from the longer duration lobes

Sorry guy, but you're completely wrong!

07ERider
11-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Ya even the Hotcams website says that the stage 3 cam is for big bore and stroker motors, not the stage 2.

Do you realize how many people run the stage 2 on a stock bore successfully?

There is no doubt in my mind that it will make more power than my HRC but money is kinda tight for me right now so i dont know if its worth it to me to buy another cam. I mean if im only gonna make .5 more HP thru the curve its not worth it to me.

HB-Roost
11-15-2007, 08:11 PM
It depends on what you are looking for. The Hotcam will give you tons more mid range and a tad more on the top end. The HRC will have much more bottom end, though. Both of them are excellent. If you are looking for more mid-top it might be a good idea to switch, but it isn't going to be the kind of difference you felt going from stock to HRC.

pro-rider46
11-15-2007, 08:16 PM
people even use the stage 3 on stock bore, and they run great, but some have weak spots on the stock bore, but then theres like the web 208, and that thing is huge, and it makes great power on stock bores,