11-14-2007, 10:08 PM
let me know what you guys think.

04 SRT4
AGP Turbo Downpipe
AGP Waste Gate running 18psi
Mopar Blow Off Valve
Mopar Stage II PCM
Mopar CAI

its suprised quiet a few mustang GT's and LT1 Camaros so far. haha and i was right with my friends wrx sti till 4th. not bad, im happy! :D

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/8/newacr002xv6.jpg

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4630/newacr001pj7.jpg

HB416EX
11-14-2007, 10:34 PM
I drove a stock SRT and was impreseed nice car.

RideRed84
11-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Didn't surprise any LS1 camaros I'm guessing:devil:

mineralgrey01gt
11-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by RideRed84
Didn't surprise any LS1 camaros I'm guessing:devil:

with the mods he has, he could take a stock ls1 camaro, but honestly, how many of those are still running around?

Those can be some pretty good sleepers. My friend has his for sale, he wants a v8 and said his gas mileage in it is killing him!

ny300exrider
11-15-2007, 05:10 AM
my friend has one exactly like that....he got the wheels pc'ed gloss black and blacked out the tails...it looks freshhhh.

i dont know why, i just really started to like the srt's. always used to think, "its a neon, i dont care how fast" but it totally grew on me.

sweet car man

i really really really need to find someone to trade their car for my truck...i cant deal with this v8 any more.

FHKracingZ
11-15-2007, 08:08 AM
well i honestly havnt came across a ls1. im sure it would be close depending on whats done to it..but an ls1 is a great platform and the potential is unlimited with a v8.

People buy SRT4's, WRX's, and Evo's and exspect to get awsome gas mileage. If your driving around getting on it alot and spooling the turbo all the time, then no you wont get a damn's worth of gas, maybe 20 if your lucky. Mine is around 270hp and 285tq and i drive real easy going back and forth to work ( 22 miles ) and i get 28mpg. Thats not bad, but on the weekends im probally average around 16 haha :D

LTR450_#67
11-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Nice CrackerJack toy!!! .....Jus playin...lol! My friend has a Cobalt SS that is just about the same color and I wish I had it with its quiet power. Do the down pipes on them get loud too? My friend used to have Gen1 GSX with mods and his down pipe was damn loud when he was hammering on it.

Theres a hot chick that drives one of those around here only hers is black and has numbers in the window, like for being at the strip.

Fun Fun
Aaron

laeger2fiddyr
11-15-2007, 11:11 AM
squirrel i bet ya my 93 toyota tercel would give u a run 4 ur money! its a 4speed!!!!!!!!!! ohyeah!! haha! nice wheels, gotta give me a ride sometime!

underpowered
11-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
with the mods he has, he could take a stock ls1 camaro, but honestly, how many of those are still running around?

Those can be some pretty good sleepers. My friend has his for sale, he wants a v8 and said his gas mileage in it is killing him!

well, LS1 f-bodys are everywhere. what do you mean "how many of those are still running around?" just open your eyes, they are everywhere. i see alot of Z28 and WS6's around here. there is a decent size F-body club around here atleast.

and for fuel milage, yeah the little 4 bangers a joke with milage once they finally get a little power out of them. i mean a stock LS1 in a camaro puts out 305-325 depending on the year and still gets upper 20's in milage. only drops to about 17 when you beat on them.

89dc240
11-15-2007, 01:06 PM
How many miles on that little piggy? I've heard extremely bad things about them at a particular mileage. Hope it doesn't happen to you.

watts16
11-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Nice car man.

Originally posted by underpowered
well, LS1 f-bodys are everywhere. what do you mean "how many of those are still running around?" just open your eyes, they are everywhere. i see alot of Z28 and WS6's around here. there is a decent size F-body club around here atleast.

and for fuel milage, yeah the little 4 bangers a joke with milage once they finally get a little power out of them. i mean a stock LS1 in a camaro puts out 305-325 depending on the year and still gets upper 20's in milage. only drops to about 17 when you beat on them.
I think he meant 'bone stock' ls1's

droopy87
11-15-2007, 01:47 PM
i certainly never had a problem with them when I had my turbo eclipse(but I was pushing over 350 in that one).
I really put the beat down on the srt's when I got my 6-speed ls1,just a few mods....but they are quick and light,I looked at one but I just felt to cramped and the gas tank was too small

trxwannbe
11-15-2007, 05:16 PM
i was gonna get an srt or a cobalt for a while there and then dodge came out with the caliber srt-4 which is only a little more and has the 2.4 that comes in the evo 285hp 265ft-lbs stock

BigFish
11-15-2007, 06:29 PM
sweet srt4, but I would have to go pushrod over almost any 4cyl:devil: especially 5.0's;)

whiteflash
11-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by trxwannbe
i was gonna get an srt or a cobalt for a while there and then dodge came out with the caliber srt-4 which is only a little more and has the 2.4 that comes in the evo 285hp 265ft-lbs stock

:confused: actually the evo is 2.0 but good try

outlaw11
11-15-2007, 08:02 PM
the guy that owns the fastest srt-4 know lives right down the road from me went to the track one time and he was there 1/8 mile these cars are insanly fast if the right stuff is put on he runs in the 8's or mid 8's in the 1/4 mile

mineralgrey01gt
11-16-2007, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by watts16
Nice car man.

I think he meant 'bone stock' ls1's

werd

gbcap
11-16-2007, 06:32 AM

the caliber comes with a 2.0...

CRich[814]
11-16-2007, 10:04 AM
nice ride. we have a red '05 at my work (car dealership) and that little car is fast.

Ron89
11-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
well i honestly havnt came across a ls1. im sure it would be close depending on whats done to it..but an ls1 is a great platform and the potential is unlimited with a v8.

People buy SRT4's, WRX's, and Evo's and exspect to get awsome gas mileage. If your driving around getting on it alot and spooling the turbo all the time, then no you wont get a damn's worth of gas, maybe 20 if your lucky. Mine is around 270hp and 285tq and i drive real easy going back and forth to work ( 22 miles ) and i get 28mpg. Thats not bad, but on the weekends im probally average around 16 haha :D
Haha that is so true. Once you hear the turbo spooling up, you look down at your gas and it just went down.

440racer66
11-17-2007, 07:11 PM
sweet tuner car man my cant people just like cars not if it aint a muscle car it is slow and sucks haha we got two of them that go to ur local racing spot and they wax a lot of muscle cars where i live we dont hate on either we roll together

cals400ex
11-20-2007, 01:28 AM
i have a ls1. it ran high 12's when it was 90 out on crappy street tires. it may not be stock though... :devil:

mac450
11-20-2007, 10:50 AM
mustang gt's and camaros aint hard to surprise. Ive had mild modded gsr hatches, and even a turbo d16 coupe that would walk them easy. Nice ride though, friend has the same car, but its all stock still.

shftmx300ex
11-21-2007, 12:18 PM
you should take off the blow off valve, there not good for the engine. i know a few people who had problems, my friend had one on his wrx and the check engine light always came on.

brandon34r
11-21-2007, 02:07 PM
nice car!Here was my srt before I traded it in on a supercrew f-150...I sure do miss it on sunny days:(

brandon34r
11-21-2007, 02:09 PM
and here it was the day that I traded it in.

parkers30
11-21-2007, 02:19 PM
funny part is a modded LT1 or LS1 will get better mpg than a stock one... where as your modded 4 banger will get worse.

I have a few friends with F-body Camaros and firebirds of various years and all get right at 30 on the interstate running 70-75. Another is pulling 33 out of an '01 corvette :p Try that ricer

gun32boarder
11-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by parkers30
funny part is a modded LT1 or LS1 will get better mpg than a stock one... where as your modded 4 banger will get worse.

I have a few friends with F-body Camaros and firebirds of various years and all get right at 30 on the interstate running 70-75. Another is pulling 33 out of an '01 corvette :p Try that ricer

You do know that with smart modding and a good tune on ANY car could result in better gas mileage.

FHKracingZ
11-21-2007, 08:56 PM
parkers that is the stupids post ive ever seen on this website.. or in period ever.. Does a v8 have alot more potential ? yes it does, but you will NEVER see a 500hp camaro running 30mpg at 75mph.. that is the stupidest thing ive ever seen. And since your on the "bashing" mode i see, what car do you drive. Not your friends, you?

coryatver
11-21-2007, 09:14 PM
no matter how much money you put in it, its still a neon.

brandon34r
11-21-2007, 09:19 PM
it might be a neon,but it sure does beat alot of other cars!

coryatver
11-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by brandon34r
it might be a neon,but it sure does beat alot of other cars!

at what? paying the most for the smallest car?

FHKracingZ
11-21-2007, 09:25 PM
People that say that are so ignorant its not even funny. Ok lets check this out

I can make my car run 12's and beat a Subaru WRX STi. But its not as nice as a WRX Sti.

I can take a WRX STi and beat a corvette. But its not as nice as a corvette.

I can take a corvette and beat a porche. But its not as nice as a porche.

I can take a Porshe and beat a Ferrari. But its not as nice as a Ferarri.

See were im going with this? It dosnt matter what you have. If you have a shopping cart with a briggs and straton with a turbo running 13 seconds in the quarter mile, its a respectable machine. Bottom line is...

No matter what you drive there is ALWAYS something nicer and faster, so enjoy what you have and enjoy driving it.

OO. And Corey, find me a car that can beat a srt4 for UNDER $20k brand new. Get back to me when ya figure that one out.

FHKracingZ
11-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Ok corey you wanna play this game?

Here is coreys 250r. Its a ugly yellow, fake home made alluminum air scoops, ugly spray painted front hubs. Non matching ugly 250r fender graphics. What a peach.

Now you know how it feels corey, still wanna talk bad about peoples stuff? ethug?

P.S. I honestly dont think them things about that quad im just proving a point.

coryatver
11-21-2007, 09:34 PM
There are a lot nicer cars for how much those SRT4's cost. Its a neon with a wing and turbo and people go crazy over it and pay nice car prices for it

coryatver
11-21-2007, 09:36 PM
I don't have a 250r. That is a pic of one of my coworkers 250rs. I posted on here asking how much people thought it was worth a while ago becuase I was going to make him an offer on it to buy it and rebuild it.

FHKracingZ
11-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Ok corey, let me re say that. Find me one car that can achieve these.

1. Have under 20,000 miles
2. Run 13 seconds in the quater mile.
3. Get 26+ mph on the highway.

For under 15,000. When you find a car that can do that. Let me know.

coryatver
11-21-2007, 09:46 PM
15,000 for a used neon:eek2:

FHKracingZ
11-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Ok you f****** retard let me tell you what i got.

A 2004 Dodge SRT4 ( its not titled as a neon either you ignorant putz )

18,008 miles.
over $1,500 in performance upgrades.
Full aftermarket 800 watt sound system
Under warentee untill 70k or 2012. What kind of car do you drive? please explain

FHKracingZ
11-21-2007, 09:54 PM
just remember if my car is a neon, than a WRX STi subaru is a imprenza and a Evo is a lancer. :p :p . just a quick question, have you honestly rode in a srt4?

coryatver
11-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Why are so so defensive about your car? If it is so great it should have nothing to prove. My opinion is that SRT4's are overpriced neons. If you like your car good for you. My car is a 94 Lumina z34. I paid like 3,000 for it 5 years ago. It is not a race car but it gets me around.

I have rode in a SRT4. I barley fit in the dang thing i am 6`3. It was quick but i felt like i was in a pop can and would be dead if we hit anything.

FHKracingZ
11-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Im not defensive. Im realistic. If your gonna bash my stuff , then im gonna ask for a reason?

ny300exrider
11-21-2007, 11:27 PM
the guy dogging on the kids new srt4 drives a 94 lumina....whats wrong with the picture here?

it doesnt matter to me if you bought your lumina "to get around", its still a hunk of crap in my eyes and i dont see how you can be making fun of a kids car that looks better than yours, is alot faster than yours, and is a ton more exciting than yours.

440bigborekit
11-22-2007, 06:41 AM
srt-4s are junkkkkk my car looks better and will wax it lol im jus playin, nice srt man those things are quick deff not a regular neon i like em alot. but i do usually suprise them a bit and look good doing it apr tuned 1.8t a4 300+awhp

parkers30
11-23-2007, 07:03 PM
parkers that is the stupids post ive ever seen on this website.. or in period ever.. Does a v8 have alot more potential ? yes it does, but you will NEVER see a 500hp camaro running 30mpg at 75mph.. that is the stupidest thing ive ever seen. And since your on the "bashing" mode i see, what car do you drive. Not your friends, you?

wasn't bashing at all, just something that I have noticed. As for a 500hp Camaro running over 30, I can't say I know of one quite that high HP, but one at school is 406 to the wheels and he runs right at 30 down the interstate too. I'll leave what I regularly ride in and drive alone, since you seem on edge.... I just don't own them.

I drive a modded 96 Powerstroke. A fast car doesn't pull the wheelers in an enclosed trailer and I sure didn't have the money for a second car while I was in college. The diesel makes a 7200 pound truck surprise a few people.

XXXRACER165
11-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Wow Watching you guys bicker is funny:devil:

trxwannbe
11-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by gbcap
the caliber comes with a 2.0...

ummm hey maybe you should read before you speak, i was talking about the new srt-4 caliber that i'm not sure is available right now but will be soon and it does not come with the 2.0 it comes with the 285hp 265ft-lb 2.4 that is being sold in the evo X

FHKracingZ
11-23-2007, 09:42 PM
lol anybody with 405 horse camaro is not getting 30 mpg i dont care what anybody says. over 50% of new v6 cars in america dont touch 30 mpg and your telling me a carburated v8 will? hahahaha

coryatver
11-23-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
the guy dogging on the kids new srt4 drives a 94 lumina....whats wrong with the picture here?

it doesnt matter to me if you bought your lumina "to get around", its still a hunk of crap in my eyes and i dont see how you can be making fun of a kids car that looks better than yours, is alot faster than yours, and is a ton more exciting than yours.

My 94 hunk of junk is pretty fast for how old it is. It is 10 years older and yet it has power rear windows like every car does now a days other than srt4 neons (maybe becuase they are based of a low budget car??). A 2004 srt4 has 215 hp?? Thats not very much! My 1994 Lumina has a little v6 and it gets 210 hp. Only thing the srt4 has going for it is it is based of a little compact car and weighs nothing. I would say my car is more exciting. I don't like the looks of the SRT4 at all. Everyone has a neon. How many people have a z34? I'm glad you like your car but its not for everyone. I just think it is one of those cars that fills the market of teenagers that want a "cool" car from there wealthy parents. It looks like some 16 year old took his summers allowance and bought some tuner parts for his neon.

Dodge was like, how about we take our neon, throw some fancy ground effects, slap a little turbo charger on it and lets even put in a place they can plug in your mp3 player in wohoo. It won't cost us nothing to develop because were using pretty much the same parts and we can charge a lot more for it and make a killing. At least thats my thoughts on it.

bulkdriverlp
11-23-2007, 10:22 PM
that reminds me, anybody remember the dodge omni glhs turbo's?. it meant "goes like hell some more". took corners real well, pretty impressive car in its day. lol

FHKracingZ
11-24-2007, 12:20 AM
acually its 230horse with 250 foot pounds of torque....

Ron89
11-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
My 94 hunk of junk is pretty fast for how old it is. It is 10 years older and yet it has power rear windows like every car does now a days other than srt4 neons (maybe becuase they are based of a low budget car??). A 2004 srt4 has 215 hp?? Thats not very much! My 1994 Lumina has a little v6 and it gets 210 hp. Only thing the srt4 has going for it is it is based of a little compact car and weighs nothing. I would say my car is more exciting. I don't like the looks of the SRT4 at all. Everyone has a neon. How many people have a z34? I'm glad you like your car but its not for everyone. I just think it is one of those cars that fills the market of teenagers that want a "cool" car from there wealthy parents. It looks like some 16 year old took his summers allowance and bought some tuner parts for his neon.

Dodge was like, how about we take our neon, throw some fancy ground effects, slap a little turbo charger on it and lets even put in a place they can plug in your mp3 player in wohoo. It won't cost us nothing to develop because were using pretty much the same parts and we can charge a lot more for it and make a killing. At least thats my thoughts on it.
HP is just a number buddy. There are wayyy too many factors. I took my STI and ate a Corvette so bad it wasn't even funny. I even raced a ram 1500 with probably around 380HP, which is more than mine, but it was no competition at all. Just because it has more hp, doesn't mean its fast. The power to weight is amazing in these cars. When you feel the turbo spool, you are stuck in the seat and the front end is light. I've never ridden in a srt-4 but I have seen them and they are not to be underestimated.

Ron89
11-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by shftmx300ex
you should take off the blow off valve, there not good for the engine. i know a few people who had problems, my friend had one on his wrx and the check engine light always came on.
Just because it didn't work on a WRX doesn't mean they are bad. On WRXs and STIs, you are generally not supposed to run BOVs because they have BPVs (Bypass Valves). The concept is the same, except for the fact that BPVs route the pressure back to the intake, where BOVs let it off into the air (atmospheric). STIs and such are MAF cars and they take account for the air spike with a extra fuel. When you put an atmospheric BOV on a STI or WRX, the MAF is giving fuel to air that is not there, because the air has been vented into the atmosphere. This causes the car to run rich and pop engine lights. That's why people are advised to keep running their stock BPVs in the Subarus to prevent rich conditions.

FHKracingZ
11-24-2007, 03:38 PM
yea STI's are deffinatly quick. me and my friend with an 05 STi were dead even from a 20 roll untill 115 then we lifted.

parkers30
11-24-2007, 04:58 PM
lol anybody with 405 horse camaro is not getting 30 mpg i dont care what anybody says. over 50% of new v6 cars in america dont touch 30 mpg and your telling me a carburated v8 will? hahahaha

Only the tuned port motors get that... its all about a fairly aerodynamic car and the fact GM figured out gas mileage with the 350 based engines. We set the cruise at 110 in a friends C6 vette and it was still getting 22mpg, the Lotus Elise he replaces it will really doesn't get any better mileage.

Guess you have missed that guys with diesel pickups pulling in the mid 20's running empty, mine gets 22-23

I forgot to mention my 400hp 88 Camaro play toy. For $700 there isn't much that will beat it, but then again it isn't exactly road worthy either. lol. its gets around 10 if I can keep my foot out of it, thats what a Edlebrock 650 is good for I guess. I'll get some pictures up of it at some point and you are more than welcome to make all the fun of it you want, I know I do.

11-24-2007, 08:02 PM
nice!

parkers30
11-24-2007, 08:20 PM
BTW... Nice car

Never meant to piss you off in any way. I'll admit I'm not a big fan of 'rice' but any car that is nicely done like yours is something to be proud of, in a way what you have is a modern version of the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's

whiteflash
11-24-2007, 09:36 PM
ummm hey maybe you should read before you speak, i was talking about the new srt-4 caliber that i'm not sure is available right now but will be soon and it does not come with the 2.0 it comes with the 285hp 265ft-lb 2.4 that is being sold in the evo X

you're wrong again:

"The performance Evo version is not out yet, but it’s expected to be powered by a 4B11T 2.0 liter MIVEC Turbo making over 300 horses equipped with a dual-clutch gearbox. Dodge used a different approach with it’s Caliber SRT-4, turbocharging the 4B12 2.4 liter instead."

http://paultan.org/archives/2006/12/11/new-2007-mitsubishi-lancer-specs-and-photos-revealed/

whiteflash
11-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
My 94 hunk of junk is pretty fast for how old it is. It is 10 years older and yet it has power rear windows like every car does now a days other than srt4 neons (maybe becuase they are based of a low budget car??).

Honestly, who cares about rear power windows.

A 2004 srt4 has 215 hp?? Thats not very much! My 1994 Lumina has a little v6 and it gets 210 hp. Only thing the srt4 has going for it is it is based of a little compact car and weighs nothing.

Only thing the srt-4 has is weight? are you serious. the car runs a high 13 second quarter and a low to mid 5 second 0-60. And the best part, brand new you could get them for under 20,000. Now you can get them for low teens.

I would say my car is more exciting. I don't like the looks of the SRT4 at all. Everyone has a neon. How many people have a z34?

How many people want Z34's?

I'm glad you like your car but its not for everyone. I just think it is one of those cars that fills the market of teenagers that want a "cool" car from there wealthy parents. It looks like some 16 year old took his summers allowance and bought some tuner parts for his neon.

your thoughts are plain stupid