PDA

View Full Version : Dasa

BlaineKaiser450
11-14-2007, 09:01 PM
Does anyone have a Dasa motor on their 450r? How well does it preform compared to other companys? thanks

-Blaine

pro-rider46
11-14-2007, 09:31 PM
blaine, i dont think a lot of people have a full DASA engine, most just build up theres by themselves, except for porting, thats not normally done by themselves,

bloodmoney23
11-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Yeah Pro is right.....not too many have full builds from DASA that ive heard. I know they make great stuff for the 450R but im also pretty sure they are the most expensive as well. Just call around and see what a few different companies have to offer before doing full DASA. Or as pro would say......contact chad502ex w/ DRG. To be honest I havent heard a single complaint about Chads work just compliments and his prices are supposedly extremely reasonable. If I come across some money again im gonna see if he could do an engine for me. (cause i think im gonna end up blowing mine up somehow? im just a noob that knows some stuff....just cant do it to well)

BlaineKaiser450
11-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
Yeah Pro is right.....not too many have full builds from DASA that ive heard. I know they make great stuff for the 450R but im also pretty sure they are the most expensive as well. Just call around and see what a few different companies have to offer before doing full DASA. Or as pro would say......contact chad502ex w/ DRG. To be honest I havent heard a single complaint about Chads work just compliments and his prices are supposedly extremely reasonable. If I come across some money again im gonna see if he could do an engine for me. (cause i think im gonna end up blowing mine up somehow? im just a noob that knows some stuff....just cant do it to well) yea DRG is another that im lookin at right now aswell. Also, if i were to put in a 14:1 piston, a cam, and a carb would i need to anything to the crank? thanks

kd228
11-15-2007, 06:33 PM
I bought one of Joe Byrds race bikes (05' model)that have a full blown Dasa motor and the bike flat out hauls. I use it strictly for MX racing. It pulls holeshots at will. I also have a 06' trx practice bike. It use to have 13:1 piston, sparks pipe and a hrc kit. No comparison what-so-ever. I sent my 06' motor to Dasa and told them to make it comparable to my 05'. My 06' now hauls also. It is a holeshot machine to. It is not as powerful but very comparable. I believe I paid around $ 2,500 for the engine work along with there pipe. I don't know everything that they did but I remember telling Dan to give me the works. I have no complaints. I ride every weekend and did a 16 race season. The only DNF I got was me crashing from over jumping and me crashing from under jumping. Dasa has my race motor giving it a freshening up as we speak. I have 3 riding partners that also have Dasa engines and they will vouch for every word I have said. The engines are very reliable. I am not the fastest or the best in my class, but some how I stay out front. GO FIGURE.

bloodmoney23
11-15-2007, 06:34 PM
havent messed with my crank......but my neighbor did and mentioned that the stock crank cant handle too much extra before it goes. You will have to ask someone thats sure on an answer. If they make a bolt on 480 kit im guessing it can handle a bit.

Pojo450r
11-15-2007, 06:39 PM
it is a 04 450r u should replace the bottom end while u are at it

Pojo450r
11-15-2007, 06:43 PM
i bought dasa 510 kit 13.5 to 1 je piston and me and a friend put it all together with out a problem

pro-rider46
11-15-2007, 07:11 PM
you can get a hotrods crank, but replace the bearings in it before you put it in. the hot rod bearings are weak, the hotrods makes a +3mm stroker, caculates to a 471, and you can get a piston on top of that, chad did this for turbo530r and it made more than his 530cc kit, and thats stock bore, im tellin ya, you cant beat what chad does, hes a great builder, and he is very good on prices,

jason_david1
11-15-2007, 07:47 PM
the hot rods crank bearings are weak? i havent heard that please explain.

pro-rider46
11-15-2007, 08:13 PM
well, so i have heard, i dont have a hotrod, but 400exrider707 said that his friends went out in about a week or two. uh, i think that they just arent as durable as the new updated honda crank bearings,

kfx008
11-15-2007, 10:32 PM
dasa :)

bloodmoney23
11-16-2007, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by kfx008
dasa :)

Yes that is the topic at hand.......

400exrider707
11-16-2007, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
well, so i have heard, i dont have a hotrod, but 400exrider707 said that his friends went out in about a week or two. uh, i think that they just arent as durable as the new updated honda crank bearings,

I've always heard to stay away from hotrods cranks anyways, but as always we like trying stuff for ourselves. My buddy put a hotrods crank in (stock stroke) and the bearing that came with the crank went bad in 2 or 3 races. He rides very hard and very agressive, but come on! He has a baldwin crank with baldwin piston in now and no problems since. I always run OEM Honda bearings for anything inside the motor... ALWAYS.

For those of you questioning the strength of the stock rods and crank assembly... ask chad... he's run his 15:1 piston on stock setup no problems. I wouldn't hesitate one bit on these motors to do so either. A 400ex or something would be different, but the lower ends on these motors seem to be plenty strong.

Pojo - not necessary to replace the entire bottom end, if you replace the bearings before they blow out, you should be fine. I had a rod bearing lock up on mine, put in new OEM crank/rod and new OEM honda bearings, with a JE piston and haven't had any problems since, I will probably replace it all again this winter too. For the price of the crank/rod/and one crank bearing at $190, why not right?

If you still are worried about crank strength, prepare to pony up the dough, and check out the falicon setups. I would love a falicon super crank!