PDA

View Full Version : Hesitation

cato
11-14-2007, 06:33 PM
I have an all stock 05 Banhsee. I am at 800 ft above sea level, 80-90 degrees in summer. 200 Mains and 25 pilots. For some reason it hesitates at beggining throttle. The air screw is 2 turns out. I checked. I am stumped? Any suggestions on how to fix hesitation? If my rpm's are little up it don't hesitate. It's when I am Starting form dead stop or moving really slow

machwon
11-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Sounds a little lean on bottom. Turn the air screw in 1/2 to 1 turn, that will richen the off idle area.

cato
11-15-2007, 05:37 AM
I ave tried going both ways. It don't make a difference. I am syumped, Filters cleaned both carbs are clean?
Thanks

machwon
11-15-2007, 08:26 AM
Did you pull the pilot jets out and clean them? They have a very fine hole running length wise through the pilot jet.

cato
11-15-2007, 08:56 AM
I have completely rebuilt both carbs( jets, needles, seats and all!!) I Did notice the other day that when it got warmed up after riding it idled high? Like there was an air leak but I have checked everything I can't find anyhting wrong. Compression is great.
Thanks again

duey
11-15-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm assuming when you say it's all stock, you have the stock carburetors. It's sounds like the carbs are not in sync, meaning the slides are not opening and closing at the exact same time. One way to check this, there is a window on each carb. When the throttle is opened up (atv turned off of coarse), you need to look into these windows on each carb and make sure the markings on the slides are showing in the windows at the same exact time. If they are not, you can adjust them by turning the idle screws. The stock throttle cable can be very position sensitive. Check your cable where it seperates into two, just before going to each carb and make sure it is working properly.

Also, I see where you said the air screw is 2 turns out. There are 2 air screws, one on each carb and they should be turned the same number of turns. Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

cato
11-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Yes Both screws are out 2 turns, and I have checked the windows they reach the mark at the same time and I have also looked through the air box to see the slides move the same.
I will check the cable for proper fuinctioning. I appreciate all the help keep them coming.
Thanks,

bloodmoney23
11-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Same issue on mine a while back. There has ALWAYS been a hesitation in 1st and only 1st gear after pipes and all were put on. I adjust carbs daily and went through almost every combo on jetting i could possible do and it was always there. That is when, if you read the post on boost bottles, i put my boost bottle on and gained my throttle response back. But the boost bottle got rid of my hesitation and has been fine since. Try it maybe it will help you as well.

cato
11-15-2007, 05:13 PM
I have heard that a boost bottle will fix the hesitation. I have aslo heard that there not good for anything but looks. I am glad you posted. I think I will give it a try and see it cant hurt.
Thanks
Any other suggestions?

bloodmoney23
11-15-2007, 06:16 PM
no they really aint good for anything but looks. They do not add TQ, HP, or low end or anything......they just add a lil to throttle response. Its what fixed hesi on mine. Other than that if your bike is bone stock then I wouldnt have a clue.